Go To
#569932 12/11/19 08:57 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
I have come across another drag and drop issue. If I generate a song and drag it to the dropbox in BIAB and then go into DAW mode and drag it over to my DAW all is fine. But the problem comes after this. I select New and and Load in a different style or song it does not matter and repeat the same thing. Except when I drag the new tracks over to the DAW it includes another copy of the last style or song files from the last drag and drop.
I also had made sure I deleted the previous files BIAB drag and drop folder. Also in the drag and drop box in BIAB the green indicator never does change back to normal. The only way to stop this from recurring is to exit BIAB and start over.

In this picture you can see the tracks from the previous drag and drop being added again to the DAW project which I had deleted from the DAW before dragging the new tracks over. The BOLTD style tracks should not be there, they were from a previous drag and drop which I had deleted.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Drag file.JPG (100.97 KB, 238 downloads)

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
That issue is not happening in my testing.

Are your drag n drop settings similar to this (see image)?

Also, maybe you could test with build 706 (soon to be released):
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_win_update_build706.exe

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
dragdrop.png (22.58 KB, 207 downloads)
Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 12/12/19 10:41 AM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
That issue is not happening in my testing.

Are your drag n drop settings similar to this (see image)?

Also, maybe you could test with build 706 (soon to be released):
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_win_update_build706.exe

Nothing has changed by updating to version 706. This is not any particular song file. I just start a new song put a few chords and drag the master to the drop box then drag it over to the daw. If I select new and delete the contents of the drag and drop folder and repeat the process with a new song complete new style it always has the last song tracks along with the new song tracks with it. It is like it is stuck in memory somehow.
My selections are almost like your settings you have which I tried your settings as well and that made no difference either.

Capture.JPG (66.07 KB, 193 downloads)

S
S
I've experienced this same problem on Windows 10 Studio One 4.5 using BIAB 2020.

B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: snico
I've experienced this same problem on Windows 10 Studio One 4.5 using BIAB 2020.

Studio One has a new version 4.6 just released so I will install that later tonight and give it a try. I have just been just deleting the extra tracks that drag in as a work around but I don't remember having this problem?

B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Well updated to the new 4.6 version of Studio One also BIAB 706 and still no luck does the same thing. I can work around this.

S
S
I think they need to address this issue. It is very inconvenient to have to work around something that wasn't a problem in BIAB 2019.

Last edited by snico; 12/13/19 11:37 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Is this problem only happening with Studio One?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Andrew,

It worked fine for me in Reaper if I used DAW mode or just dragged the Master across without DAW mode.

NOTE: I set the Drag n Drop options to drag the Master as individual audio tracks (see image below). I don't use DAW mode. I normally just drag the Master track across.

Regards,
Noel

drag individual tracks.JPG (60.05 KB, 126 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Is this problem only happening with Studio One?

I only use Studio One on my PC as I have uninstalled all my other DAW's I used to use. I have not tried it in Real Band but I could give it a try.
If any other Studio One folks out there want to give it a shot I can post the steps needed to repeat the issue.

Just tried in Real Band and it works fine there so perhaps it has some interaction with Studio One for some reason. Looks like Noel says it works fine in Reaper.

Last edited by Brian Hughes; 12/13/19 05:02 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
I can confirm and I reported to PG Music several weeks ago.
There is not a reset or refresh action in the drag/drop area.

If you generate for example some RTs with Style 1, then later generate a few more RTs or another Style set of tracks you will get ALL tracks generated in the drag/drop directory the next time you go to do a secondary drag to the DAW.

There needs to be a reset drag and drop files or logic that only drags the last latest timestamp files only when you progressively use the feature.

Studio One (latest version), Win 11 23H2 , i9 -10940X 3.3 GHz, 32GB Mem, a 4K 40" monitor, PreSonus Studio Live III Console as interface/controller. secondarily test on Reaper, Cakewalk, and S1 on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 (latest versions).
B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Thanks for confirming jpettit and I do appreciate all the tutorials you have written over at the Presonus Forums.

Brian

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I upgraded to 2020 a couple of days ago and had a similar issue using Sonar (well, BandLab as it's called these days). When I dragged a bass track over to the Dropbox and then to my DAW, the adjacent guitar track would be mixed in there with the bass as a single track. I double-checked to confirm "Always allow Drag and Drop" and "Drag as separate tracks" were checked. I also checked the track to see if they could be separated. They could not. However, this problem solved itself after updating to build 706.

S
S
Thank you PG Music for the update 709. It has resolved this issue for me on Studio One 4.6

B
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Yes big thankyou to PG for the Studio One fix! I can confirm it now works correct.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,682
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200