there's no accounting
   for the most part, i know just where i've been
   the good the bad the in between all mixed in
   wishin' and whiskey to wash away the sin

The BAND:
RealTracks in song: 1418:Bass, Electric, SouthernRock Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 676:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming FolkRockBritEighths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 836:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryRootsy Ev 075 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 3059:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Muted16thsFintan Ev16 080
RealTracks in song: 2854:Harmonica, Background CountryBalladJellyRoll Ev 085
RealDrums [in Song:PopModernGrooveSync16^1-a:Snare on 4, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Bottoms up!

Wishin' you a very musical 2020!!
(...and maybe some Whiskey.)

fj

#572519 - 12/26/19 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !

I love your voice and
you do sing this beautiful
tune so delicately ! Just love it !

May you have a wonderful Yuletide and
a most Happy New Musicfilled Year too !

Cheers
Dani

#572534 - 12/26/19 03:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Floyd, man I love the way this things builds as it goes! You are a master at picking and choosing the perfect blend of realtracks to make a tune happen and make it sound the way a pro level tune should sound! Your vocals and harmony are as good as ever! Thanks, Torrey

#572541 - 12/26/19 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I agree with Torrey, you are an expert in blending RTs into perfection. You also are an excellent singer and a fantastic lyricist!

Another winner!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#572560 - 12/26/19 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

I think this one sounded a bit off, your vocals where on another key to the track, or the track should have followed your vocals with a few changes on the chord side of things, I just don't know what it is but its not your usual posting Floyd .

However I will await the ducking and diving I will have to endure, I need to be honest as I always am ?.

OR AM I JUST DAFT AND DRUNK, GOOD ONE MATE !!.Brilliant !!.

Thanks

OOps merry xmas

Edited by beatmaster (12/26/19 04:42 PM)
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#572561 - 12/26/19 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work. I really like this. Nice job on the mix.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#572581 - 12/26/19 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Way to wrap up this year of songs with an emotional bang FJ! Great write. Loved it.

#572585 - 12/27/19 12:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Floyd, you have a knack.

Boy, do you ever have a knack smile

Your lyric writing, musicality, build, selection of backings, vocal delivery and every thing else I could possibly suggest are always outstandingly sensational.

Wishin' And Whiskey is no exception.

Marvelous. Congratulations.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#572609 - 12/27/19 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely song Floyd. Very cool lyric. As always excellent vocal . Loved the jangly guitar in the intro. Kind of a Byrd’s vibe

#572633 - 12/27/19 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

This is a very good write,Floyd; you really do have a way of making personal reflection universal.
my favourite lines:

"every day that passes
i seem to spend a little more time looking back
not sure what i think i'll see
if what i'm searching for would still be intact
trying not to listen to the devil as he dares me
tied in knots 'cause looking forward scares me"

Nice understated feeling in the vocal and, of course, the arrangement serves the song perfectly.
A good way to toast another year!

Robert

#572675 - 12/27/19 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

A lovely sound - easy on the ear, a nice build and a musical chorus,
excellent lyrics with your signature vocals.

What's not to like?

A really nice way to end the year.

Peter

#572708 - 12/27/19 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I like it!

You certainly have a mixed bag of emotions going on that seem to work really well. Somehow, that always seems to be the case.

As I typically do not read the lyrics or instrumentation prior to listening, I did NOT see the harmonica coming! lol It's part of the happy side of the contrast.

Btw, those drum lessons are paying off! I'm hearing some really nice ghosting going on. I'm a sucker for that. smile

Nice clean production.

Performed well.

What more can a guy say? Oh! Lyrics!

Below are the lyrics with my changes made :

"mistakes and regrets disappear
blended into a fading buzz
it's easy to filter to the good times
pretending that's all there was
loose and fast
reaching ever deeper into the well
stories past
the endings getting better with every tell

for what you don't remember
there's no accounting

every day that passes
i seem to spend a little more time looking back
not sure what i think i'll see
if what i'm searching for would still be intact
trying not to listen to the devil as he dares me
tied in knots 'cause looking forward scares me

for what you don't remember
there's no accounting
wishin' and whiskey to wash away the sin"

I think you will find them to be exactly the way you posted them. You have A LOT going on and yet it sounds so effortless. Actually, I will say simple. Yet, to look at how you play with concepts/thoughts is simply astounding.

If this is a pre-view of 2020, I'm even more excited than I was!

Thanks for sharing this!

Edited by HearToLearn (12/27/19 06:28 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#572750 - 12/28/19 03:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
This is really a song of yours, Floyd!
You know it must be you when hearing this kind of composition. Beautiful!

Very nice vocals and well chosen instruments, super mixing and a melody that makes you very melancholic.
I like that combination.

Hans

#572772 - 12/28/19 06:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

I love your voice and
you do sing this beautiful
tune so delicately ! Just love it !

May you have a wonderful Yuletide and
a most Happy New Musicfilled Year too !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, man I love the way this things builds as it goes! You are a master at picking and choosing the perfect blend of realtracks to make a tune happen and make it sound the way a pro level tune should sound! Your vocals and harmony are as good as ever! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks for all the nice comments, Torrey (all things that you are mighty fine at yourself!)....

#572775 - 12/28/19 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: NJ
Soundchaser Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Real nicely arranged and good song. Just learning Realband, and this is a real inspiration as to how far you can take it.

https://soundcloud.com/rtk-iv

#572804 - 12/28/19 11:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
A good one to finish up 2019...
Its really kind of appropriate...
Since your 2nd User Showcase post for 2019 was RAINING WHISKEY...
That you final post for 2019 would be this one smile
Pretty cool!

PS: Now don't tell me you planned it that way smile

Edited by Jim (12/28/19 11:13 AM)
Edit Reason: PS:

#572940 - 12/29/19 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: beatmaster]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I agree with Torrey, you are an expert in blending RTs into perfection. You also are an excellent singer and a fantastic lyricist!

Another winner!

Thanks, Mario...

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
GOOD ONE MATE !!.Brilliant !!.

Thanks

OOps merry xmas

And... Merry Christmas to you!... smile

#572946 - 12/29/19 08:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi floyd,

I had a listen yesterday through the 'phones, listening today through the KRK's.

As always I love the way you build the track, and the way you mix (drums sound great). And of course the vocals and lyrics are always top notch.

Excellent way to bring 2019 to a close, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you bring to the table in 2020!

Best to you and yours smile

Blue Attitude Website

#573046 - 12/29/19 05:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work. I really like this. Nice job on the mix.

Thanks for having a listen, Herb...

#573048 - 12/29/19 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
A wonderful song fj.
The narrative is excellent and the arrangement choice fit like a glove - the harmonica was a surprise but it works and adds a layer that is comforting.
The two mix things that stood out are:
The aggressive whistle/ess in "loose"
and the clicky kick drum - which seems out of context but is almost ubiquitous in RealDrums.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32477 Members
68 Forums
65173 Topics
552226 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
mmccarrell, Beanpole, Lou S, DanDanDan, TVI

32477 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 183
Jim Fogle 153