there's no accounting
   for the most part, i know just where i've been
   the good the bad the in between all mixed in
   wishin' and whiskey to wash away the sin

The BAND:
RealTracks in song: 1418:Bass, Electric, SouthernRock Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 676:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming FolkRockBritEighths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 836:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltCountryRootsy Ev 075 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 3059:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Muted16thsFintan Ev16 080
RealTracks in song: 2854:Harmonica, Background CountryBalladJellyRoll Ev 085
RealDrums [in Song:PopModernGrooveSync16^1-a:Snare on 4, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Bottoms up!

Wishin' you a very musical 2020!!
(...and maybe some Whiskey.)

fj

#572519 - 12/26/19 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !

I love your voice and
you do sing this beautiful
tune so delicately ! Just love it !

May you have a wonderful Yuletide and
a most Happy New Musicfilled Year too !

Cheers
Dani

#572534 - 12/26/19 03:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Floyd, man I love the way this things builds as it goes! You are a master at picking and choosing the perfect blend of realtracks to make a tune happen and make it sound the way a pro level tune should sound! Your vocals and harmony are as good as ever! Thanks, Torrey

#572541 - 12/26/19 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I agree with Torrey, you are an expert in blending RTs into perfection. You also are an excellent singer and a fantastic lyricist!

Another winner!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#572560 - 12/26/19 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

I think this one sounded a bit off, your vocals where on another key to the track, or the track should have followed your vocals with a few changes on the chord side of things, I just don't know what it is but its not your usual posting Floyd .

However I will await the ducking and diving I will have to endure, I need to be honest as I always am ?.

OR AM I JUST DAFT AND DRUNK, GOOD ONE MATE !!.Brilliant !!.

Thanks

OOps merry xmas

Edited by beatmaster (12/26/19 04:42 PM)
win 10 64 bit 16gb, ssd 500gb, Alesis multimix8 usb,ketron sd,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 ,Byerdynamic 770 pro, akg k270,akg k701.
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

#572561 - 12/26/19 04:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work. I really like this. Nice job on the mix.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#572581 - 12/26/19 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Way to wrap up this year of songs with an emotional bang FJ! Great write. Loved it.

#572585 - 12/27/19 12:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Floyd, you have a knack.

Boy, do you ever have a knack smile

Your lyric writing, musicality, build, selection of backings, vocal delivery and every thing else I could possibly suggest are always outstandingly sensational.

Wishin' And Whiskey is no exception.

Marvelous. Congratulations.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#572609 - 12/27/19 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely song Floyd. Very cool lyric. As always excellent vocal . Loved the jangly guitar in the intro. Kind of a Byrd’s vibe

#572633 - 12/27/19 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

This is a very good write,Floyd; you really do have a way of making personal reflection universal.
my favourite lines:

"every day that passes
i seem to spend a little more time looking back
not sure what i think i'll see
if what i'm searching for would still be intact
trying not to listen to the devil as he dares me
tied in knots 'cause looking forward scares me"

Nice understated feeling in the vocal and, of course, the arrangement serves the song perfectly.
A good way to toast another year!

Robert

#572675 - 12/27/19 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

A lovely sound - easy on the ear, a nice build and a musical chorus,
excellent lyrics with your signature vocals.

What's not to like?

A really nice way to end the year.

Peter

#572708 - 12/27/19 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I like it!

You certainly have a mixed bag of emotions going on that seem to work really well. Somehow, that always seems to be the case.

As I typically do not read the lyrics or instrumentation prior to listening, I did NOT see the harmonica coming! lol It's part of the happy side of the contrast.

Btw, those drum lessons are paying off! I'm hearing some really nice ghosting going on. I'm a sucker for that. smile

Nice clean production.

Performed well.

What more can a guy say? Oh! Lyrics!

Below are the lyrics with my changes made :

"mistakes and regrets disappear
blended into a fading buzz
it's easy to filter to the good times
pretending that's all there was
loose and fast
reaching ever deeper into the well
stories past
the endings getting better with every tell

for what you don't remember
there's no accounting

every day that passes
i seem to spend a little more time looking back
not sure what i think i'll see
if what i'm searching for would still be intact
trying not to listen to the devil as he dares me
tied in knots 'cause looking forward scares me

for what you don't remember
there's no accounting
wishin' and whiskey to wash away the sin"

I think you will find them to be exactly the way you posted them. You have A LOT going on and yet it sounds so effortless. Actually, I will say simple. Yet, to look at how you play with concepts/thoughts is simply astounding.

If this is a pre-view of 2020, I'm even more excited than I was!

Thanks for sharing this!

Edited by HearToLearn (12/27/19 06:28 PM)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#572750 - 12/28/19 03:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
This is really a song of yours, Floyd!
You know it must be you when hearing this kind of composition. Beautiful!

Very nice vocals and well chosen instruments, super mixing and a melody that makes you very melancholic.
I like that combination.

Hans

#572772 - 12/28/19 06:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

I love your voice and
you do sing this beautiful
tune so delicately ! Just love it !

May you have a wonderful Yuletide and
a most Happy New Musicfilled Year too !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks, Dani...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, man I love the way this things builds as it goes! You are a master at picking and choosing the perfect blend of realtracks to make a tune happen and make it sound the way a pro level tune should sound! Your vocals and harmony are as good as ever! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks for all the nice comments, Torrey (all things that you are mighty fine at yourself!)....

#572775 - 12/28/19 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: NJ
Soundchaser Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Real nicely arranged and good song. Just learning Realband, and this is a real inspiration as to how far you can take it.

https://soundcloud.com/rtk-iv

#572804 - 12/28/19 11:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
A good one to finish up 2019...
Its really kind of appropriate...
Since your 2nd User Showcase post for 2019 was RAINING WHISKEY...
That you final post for 2019 would be this one smile
Pretty cool!

PS: Now don't tell me you planned it that way smile

Edited by Jim (12/28/19 11:13 AM)
Edit Reason: PS:

#572940 - 12/29/19 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: beatmaster]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I agree with Torrey, you are an expert in blending RTs into perfection. You also are an excellent singer and a fantastic lyricist!

Another winner!

Thanks, Mario...

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
GOOD ONE MATE !!.Brilliant !!.

Thanks

OOps merry xmas

And... Merry Christmas to you!... smile

#572946 - 12/29/19 08:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi floyd,

I had a listen yesterday through the 'phones, listening today through the KRK's.

As always I love the way you build the track, and the way you mix (drums sound great). And of course the vocals and lyrics are always top notch.

Excellent way to bring 2019 to a close, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you bring to the table in 2020!

Best to you and yours smile

Blue Attitude Website

#573046 - 12/29/19 05:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice work. I really like this. Nice job on the mix.

Thanks for having a listen, Herb...

#573048 - 12/29/19 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wishin' And Whiskey [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
A wonderful song fj.
The narrative is excellent and the arrangement choice fit like a glove - the harmonica was a surprise but it works and adds a layer that is comforting.
The two mix things that stood out are:
The aggressive whistle/ess in "loose"
and the clicky kick drum - which seems out of context but is almost ubiquitous in RealDrums.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Update Announcement!

Download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows update to resolve possible issues when playing demos from the StylePicker or other dialogs, enhance the included VST Plugin, display chord pushes in the Audio Edit window, and more!

Learn more about this free Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows update and download it here.

A Look Back - Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®

We were so excited to release the very first Xtra Styles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® just four years ago, and we're thrilled that they have been such a hit!

Xtra Styles PAK 1 was released in August 2016, starting with: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer-Songwriter! Check out our first Xtra Styles PAK video highlighting these newer Add-ons: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=-7aJCe4-0x0

We've been releasing Xtra Styles PAKs a couple times a year ever since! We now have 9 Xtra Styles PAKs packed with 1,400+ RealStyles, so there's definitely something you'll love - check out our complete Xtra Styles PAKs selection here.

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific links

Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

Forum Stats
32657 Members
68 Forums
65647 Topics
556629 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
StuartAberdein, doubleH, Gavin B, NickU, EdwardsjMusic

32656 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 151