Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One of my customers moved to a smaller building.... a local newspaper... (bad business to be in these days)...and they were trying to sell the old larger building for the past few years.

A new company has finally bought the building. They are a HEMP company. Hemp is becoming big business here in this area of NC. The under 3% THC kind.

In speaking with the owner/partner I was dealing with I asked him his thoughts on legalization on a state and nationwide level. He and others in the business seem to think it will be legal in all 50 states and at the federal level as well within 5 years. Legal doesn't mean recreational use per se..... but perhaps medical at the very least. Obviously recreational in many of the states.....

After all, we all need a little patch in the backyard for medicinal purposes.

What is interesting is that distilling liquor has always remained the sole privilege of the government..... both state and federal and while you can brew your own beer and wine..... you can't cook up your own whiskey....legally. Even from the early days of this country when we had the most freedom and the least govt intrusion, whiskey has been tightly regulated..... George Washington was responsible for putting down the whiskey rebellion. I some states, you can own a still for other purposes but in some states, the mere possession of a functional still is a felony. Welcome to NC. I reckon we'll be among the last to legalize sativa.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Pot - if you are 3 houses down, it wafts in my windows at night and I'm sorry, but that's an invasion of privacy. Olfactory pollution.

-Scott

Scott, it can be worse than that. Myself, my wife and son all have asthma. All five of us have allergies. Smoke of any kind can cause an attack. We have had to have a number of recreational fires put out by our fire department; they sell fire pits to people without any consideration of other people's right to clean air. If there is smoke damage to your home individuals with fire pits can be charged and forced to pay said damage, at least thus far in this state. I'm sure adding pot smoke will be a big problem for us.

Note that we can take a little smoke for a short period of time, say like using a grill. It's the long intake of smoke that is a problem with us.

Why is it that some people scream for clean air but have fire pits and/or smoke?

I hadn’t considered the asthma aspect of things with fire pits. Or fireplaces for that matter.

I do believe there is an answer, however for your final question and that is that most people SEEM to enjoy the smell of a campfire or fireplace or fire pit, the only people that I am aware of that deeply enjoy the smell of burning weed are those that are addicted to it.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I will never forget my sister's call when the police told her that they found her husband's body. The children wept and wept and wept. It was the worse crying I ever heard.

We are living a nightmare right now.

...Deb

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
From my hometown police department in Illinois......

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I must admit that I'm surprised at all of the vitriol I'm seeing against the legalization of pot.

I've always thought that it was ridiculous for people to be put in jail for doing something that is none of the government's business or anyone else's business. I remember reading an article when I was just a kid about this young man who was busted for a $10 bag of pot in Texas and ended up getting life in prison because the judge declared him a "career criminal". His only previous offence was breaking into a pop machine to steal change when he was 15.

Classifying pot as a schedule 1 drug is nonsense.

"Marijuana is a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substance Act passed by the Congress in 1970. A schedule I drug is a dangerous substance that has no recognized medical use and that has a high potential for abuse. In addition to marijuana, heroin, LSD and ecstasy are schedule I substances."

Considering that I can go to any convenience store and buy alcohol and get a whole lot more wasted on it than I ever could on pot just highlights how stupid our antiquated laws against it are.

It's good to see more states are looking to legalize it for recreational use. I hope to live to see the day when this becomes one more draconian law erased from our books.

I'm totally against heavy drugs and I've seen first hand how they can wreck peoples lives. If pot is in any way a gateway drug, it's primarily because most people still have to go to a drug dealer to get it instead of being able to plant it in their garden next to the tomatoes and peppers.

We need to stop trying to legislate things that are personal decisions. Stop making criminals out of people who are otherwise upstanding citizens.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
I must admit that I'm surprised at all of the vitriol I'm seeing against the legalization of pot.

I've always thought that it was ridiculous for people to be put in jail for doing something that is none of the government's business or anyone else's business. I remember reading an article when I was just a kid about this young man who was busted for a $10 bag of pot in Texas and ended up getting life in prison because the judge declared him a "career criminal". His only previous offence was breaking into a pop machine to steal change when he was 15.

Classifying pot as a schedule 1 drug is nonsense.

"Marijuana is a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substance Act passed by the Congress in 1970. A schedule I drug is a dangerous substance that has no recognized medical use and that has a high potential for abuse. In addition to marijuana, heroin, LSD and ecstasy are schedule I substances."

Considering that I can go to any convenience store and buy alcohol and get a whole lot more wasted on it than I ever could on pot just highlights how stupid our antiquated laws against it are.

It's good to see more states are looking to legalize it for recreational use. I hope to live to see the day when this becomes one more draconian law erased from our books.

I'm totally against heavy drugs and I've seen first hand how they can wreck peoples lives. If pot is in any way a gateway drug, it's primarily because most people still have to go to a drug dealer to get it instead of being able to plant it in their garden next to the tomatoes and peppers.

We need to stop trying to legislate things that are personal decisions. Stop making criminals out of people who are otherwise upstanding citizens.

Well said, Bob! Well said indeed!

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Vitriol? What you are seeing is my pain.

...Deb

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<<<
>>>
<<< We need to stop trying to legislate things that are personal decisions. Stop making criminals out of people who are otherwise upstanding citizens.
>>>

Respectfully to all that agree with the above paragraph, I'm addressing the merits of the words not any person. You all have every right to think as you wish but this paragraph above is the most ill-informed paragraph that's ever appeared in this forum...

If you think it's ridiculous for people to be put in jail for doing something that is none of the government's business or anyone else's business, (inferring to being under the influence of any mind altering drug or drink) the next time you or a family member or friend is high and think you or they are totally in control and set your house on fire, severely burn themselves cooking, play with a loaded gun, wants to start a fight or fall down a flight of stairs, don't call the fire department, ambulance, first responders or your neighbors. Take care of it yourself.

Put simply, your thought that a drunk or high person is harmless to themselves and others, that they are 'in control' and have clarity of thought and deed, has clueless knowledge to the real world and you're ill-informed.

I've been a certified fire fighter, certified fire cause and origin investigator, certified arson investigator, State fire Academy graduate for both fire fighter and arson investigation, mentored under a nationally recognized Cause and Origin instructor for both ATF and FBI. I have been a State Constable. I have testified in court proceedings as an expert witness. I investigated thousands of building and auto fires, auto accidents and thefts across multiple states. I had a 34 year career of daily seeing the damages caused by harmless drunks and pot heads. It's inexplicable how you folks are unaware of the truth.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DSM
Vitriol? What you are seeing is my pain.

...Deb

First, I need to address this. I did not start this tread with any intention to minimize the suffering incurred by substance abuse on our families. Deb, I am sorry that you and your family are suffering with this. You and all who have been touched by the horrors of drug abuse are in my prayers at this time.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Charlie,
I respect your opinion on the matter. As a first responder you have likely seen the horror of the aftermath of drug abuse like few others. But you have made some assumptions in your message which were not prompted by anything said to this point. No one ever implied or stated that "...drunk or high person is harmless to themselves and others, that they are 'in control' and have clarity of thought and deed..." Please don't confuse the horror men do with their ability to do it.

If I may have the last word on this topic since I started it, I think this likely does not belong in the forum. In retrospect I just don't see the "music related nature" of the discussion. I have asked the forum moderator to close this topic.

Peace to all in the new year.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here comes the music related bit,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6c6eUeoa9Q

smile

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good one!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: sslechta
From my hometown police department in Illinois......

I hope the Freeport law and other laws include not only not being seen but not being sensed by any others. Like I said, if I can smell it it's getting into my body. Being drugged against my will.
If I can't see someone using marijuana but the fumes are reaching me that should be against the law. But my guess is the states and counties will pass that issue to city ordinance.
BTW, what's the THC/blood limit in Freeport? Do they have a sobriety test standard yet? Let me guess, I hope I'm wrong, they didn't think of that when they wrote and passed the law. Maybe the legislature is under the influence of California politics.
I suppose we'll have to wait and see a few people get hurt or killed then figure that out.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Man, there are a few folks on this thread who need to smoke a doobie and chill out! laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

It's fine to disagree with me but to take the things I said totally out of context and finish it off with an insult isn't okay.

To use an analogy, if I were to say that Prohibition was a terrible idea and accomplished nothing more than bolstering organized crime to levels never seen before and you were to respond by saying "so you think it's okay for people to get drunk, abuse their wives and children and lose their job and the family home?!"

Or, If I were to say that I support the second amendment and you were to respond by saying "so you want school shootings and armed uprisings to become even more commonplace ?!"

If you wanted to challenge my opinion on the legalization of pot, then do it without insulting me by saying things like "You all have every right to think as you wish but this paragraph above is the most ill-informed paragraph that's ever appeared in this forum..."

I'm not ill informed nor ignorant, ... I just have a different opinion than you have. Since we still have freedom of speech in the good old USA, I should be able to express that without having someone I consider a forum friend take my words out of context and insult me.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois’ governor granted more than 11,000 pardons for low-level marijuana convictions on Tuesday, describing the step as a first wave of thousands of such expungements anticipated under the state’s new marijuana legalization law.

State officials estimate that 116,000 convictions involving 30 grams or less of marijuana, including for possession of the drug, are eligible for pardons under the new law.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Oh, and just for those who follow this stuff... going price is 65 USD plus tax, for 1/8th oz (3.5 grams).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Oh, and just for those who follow this stuff... going price is 65 USD plus tax, for 1/8th oz (3.5 grams).

Would that be a weeks supply for an average user I wonder? as I never tried it, can smell it a mile off though as I worked with a few people who did.

What I remember is they always seemed to be a bit on edge every Friday in anticipation of their usual weekly supply, all young guys at the time never seemed to do them a lot of harm, definitely money wise it did.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Outrageous! We listened to Cheech & Chong on vinyl and only paid $20 for an ounce. We knew it was an ounce because it was in those old fashioned sandwich bags and measured approximately 4 fingers tall! Yeah, it had stems and seeds ("that you don't need") but it was mellow and fun. Not like the paranoia inducing killer weed of today!

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Charlie,

It's fine to disagree with me but to take the things I said totally out of context and finish it off with an insult isn't okay.

To use an analogy, if I were to say that Prohibition was a terrible idea and accomplished nothing more than bolstering organized crime to levels never seen before and you were to respond by saying "so you think it's okay for people to get drunk, abuse their wives and children and lose their job and the family home?!"

Or, If I were to say that I support the second amendment and you were to respond by saying "so you want school shootings and armed uprisings to become even more commonplace ?!"

If you wanted to challenge my opinion on the legalization of pot, then do it without insulting me by saying things like "You all have every right to think as you wish but this paragraph above is the most ill-informed paragraph that's ever appeared in this forum..."

I'm not ill informed nor ignorant, ... I just have a different opinion than you have. Since we still have freedom of speech in the good old USA, I should be able to express that without having someone I consider a forum friend take my words out of context and insult me.

Bob, you have clearly misunderstood my comment and responded to a different context to what I said.

I stated from the outset, my remarks were not about you or anyone else. I stated from the outset you and all others are entitled to your opinions.
I copied the exact words, exactly as you wrote them and that was what I was directing my comments toward. I limited my remarks to those exact words, exactly as you stated them.

. You did not mention nor state your opinion for support or opposition to the legalization of pot in the paragraph I referenced my remarks to. The opinion you did express was "it's ridiculous for people to be put in jail for doing 'something' that is none of the government's business or anyone else's business. Your statement, along with "We need to stop trying to legislate things that are personal decisions. Stop making criminals out of people who are otherwise upstanding citizens." relate directly to your true story example about a guy in Texas's arrest!

. Your true story example tells of personal decisions the guy made that resulted in him being arrested and doesn't establish him as an otherwise upstanding citizen but his personal decisions got him arrested and convicted and labeled a criminal.

. Your comments assert that his criminal activity didn't warrant jail time nor particularly, the sentence he received.

. My response that you were ill-informed is because you don't establish his long sentence was due solely because the judge declared him a "career criminal". My experience is that it's unlikely your facts recalled as a kid are correct or complete. The judge likely had information regarding the suspect you didn't and even back those years ago, the sentence he rendered would have had to be within set guidelines and subject to review and appeal. The subject's defense attorney would be completely knowledgeable to the sentencing guidelines and would have reacted accordingly if a major error or intentional biased and excessive sentence by the judge occurred.

. I responded that people using drugs and/or alcohol, even in the privacy of their home can be harmful to themselves and others, including police, fire, EMS and neighbors. This was not an assumption but based on years of first hand personal experience.

So, I disagreed with your point about arrests and that people go to jail for doing something that's not government or others business even though illegal and you provide an example of a young man with both a prior record and a conviction and yet you have somehow read into my comment that I infringed on your personal opinion of Illinois legalizing pot... and you erroneously allege that I wrote you are ignorant.

The good news is I didn't mention your opinion of pot, nor the legalizing of pot in Illinois and the better news is I never wrote the word ignorant. Where did that come from???

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 01/02/20 10:14 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,585
Posts734,719
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 196