OP Offline
Veteran
One last song from us to finish off the year: Don't Let Go

The band:

1717:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120
1772:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovin Ev16 130
RealDrums:JazzFunkMovin^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I'm playing the guitar parts.

Mixed with reaper using native plugins and plugins from Waves and iZotope, mastered with Ozone9.

EDIT: floyd asked how I processed the bass track.

For the bass I used the Waves CLA Bass plugin, and I'm using the Clean preset. Sometimes I tweak it a little, but this time I didn't.

I followed that with just the EQ section of Neutron 2. I have a dynamic mode 12 db cut with a Q of 2 at 63 HZ. Also added a 12 db HPF at 40 HZ. I came up with those values by using the masking feature of Neutron (looking at the drum track) and the Tonal Balance control plugin on the master bus.

Don't let go (2019, Christiane Spruit)

Talk to me I know you feel bad
what are you hiding behind the back
are we playing the game left to win and right will lose

Tongue tied and down to the bone
If you are not going to pick up the phone
don't you Know what we have to lose

Don't let go
Tomorrow comes and none of us will know
Don't let go

We know each other for so long
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
it would make it easier , you know

No words cut like a knife
all my doubts are coming alive
Don't let go

Tomorrow comes and we won't know
Tomorrow comes and we won't know
Don't let go
Don't let go

Next song will be using BIAB 2020, placed my order this morning cool

Chris also did a video for the song:

As always all comments are welcome.

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 01/03/20 11:21 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave / Chris

A strong blues rock song to end the year. As always I enjoyed the imaginative guitar
and the excellent vocals.
The song has a nice catchy vibe and is excellently produced.

Great work and happy new year to you both.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that swings while it rocks.
Nothing out of place, nothing missing.
Spot on.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi Dave,

I don't like it!

No, I am just kidding... it is a wonderful song... I think it is one of the best productions you have made. Everything just feels right... Christiane Spruits vocals are amazing and your guitar-work is beautiful and fitting. The mixing is outstanding good!

What's not to like?

Congrats with a super track at the end of 2019!

Will

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave and Christiane this is great. Dave those are some very impressive chops! The vocal is fantastic. Everything about this one is perfect and air play ready.

I really liked this!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave & Chris,
An excellent no-messing-about rocker to close the year.I really liked the energy coming across.
The arrangement sounds simple, but the way your guitar moves forward and back is so well timed; the harmony on the chorus... its all in the details.
You guys always hit the mark!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a great song to end the year with. A very WELL accomplished year for all involved. I always expect great songs, great tone, and great production whenever I see "Blue Attitude" as the OP. Once again, you delivered the goods.

I get you are into the blues; but would you consider changing your name here to "Hot Attitude?" I mean, this stuff is just that! Looking forward to your 2020 projects!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Exceptionally tight and well mixed. Chris delivers those lines with a smoky confidence. Dave, your guitar is a real pleasure to listen to. When she hands the song off to you, you don't disappoint, but own the thing rhythmically and musically. A wonderful backing for a wonderful pairing.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Agree with the other comments about the polish, production quality, vocals, everything. It's all in perfect balance. Very good strong chorus phrasing too - catchy "Don't let go." I really like the way it swings and the way the guitar and vocals punch out those rhythms against the beat - it keeps the interest and energy very high.

Great, rock solid song.

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What a tune! It's already been said, but this is just stunning in every way. Perfectly balanced and every quality of the song shines. The vocals are incredible and the it is perfectly catchy with an incredible groove.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave & Chris...

A big WOW.

The mix is SUPERB. Perfect. Everything sits JUST right. Vocal, guitar, bass, drums. Delicious. Professional.

Your guitar is to-die-for - tone AND playing.

I always love the sound you get on the bass. This is round and smooth and punchy. Special. How did you process that????

Love those drums! Not a kit I would have ever thought to even audition (but will now!). BIAB is worth the price for the drums alone - and most folks take little advantage of that... Thanks for showing this one off... MAN! they sound good!

A good Rock/Blues write. Catchy. Chris' vocal is... perfect. The harmonies are exceptional - really well synced... Sweet.

Loved it.

fj

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi BA,

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely love the drums and guitar - being both a drummer and guitarist I suppose that's understandable - but they are so good.

Great sound too. Look forward to hearing more! smile

Music is what feelings sound like.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dave & Chris,
I am scared, you can not make a weak tune. Just make one for the sake of reference!

Excellent all the way! I wish our local radio would play tunes like this! Happy New Year to you and Chris and let 2020 be as fruitful as 2019 (maybe even better!). Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome way to finish the year Dave and Chris. Very cool tune. Excellent vocal. Your guitar tone was awesome Dave. Vey cool solo. Well done

Happy New Year Dave and Chris

Last edited by Scott C; 12/31/19 04:21 PM.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Dave & Chris,

I can't remember any of your productions that I might not have liked a lot, but I like this one an AWFUL lot. Great song, fantastically sung, Chris!!!!.

Excellent playing, Dave, your guitar sounds wonderful. As does the whole thing - really ear candy.

And you know what: I just bought that WAVES bass plug-in (at the moment itÄs only 30 $), because the bass is sounding so good.

Very well done !!!!!!!

All the best for 2020,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave / Chris

A strong blues rock song to end the year. As always I enjoyed the imaginative guitar
and the excellent vocals.
The song has a nice catchy vibe and is excellently produced.

Great work and happy new year to you both.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, and happy new year to you and yours too!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Now that swings while it rocks.
Nothing out of place, nothing missing.
Spot on.

Cheers, Ray!

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Man oh Man..
Your smoking guitar & Chris' & sexy vocals...
Your polished production skills & Chris' clever lyrics...
Outstanding combinations which always make for more than interesting music...
You guys always do an outstanding job!

I'll be watching for you next production!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dang, but that sounds excellent. I see why Floyd asked about the bass - everything in the mix comes across clear, yet sits in it's place so well. Wow!

Of course, stellar singing and guitar playing.

Really good!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
MarioD #573649 01/02/20 12:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Dave,

I don't like it!

No, I am just kidding... it is a wonderful song... I think it is one of the best productions you have made. Everything just feels right... Christiane Spruits vocals are amazing and your guitar-work is beautiful and fitting. The mixing is outstanding good!

What's not to like?

Congrats with a super track at the end of 2019!

Will

Thanks, Will!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Dave and Christiane this is great. Dave those are some very impressive chops! The vocal is fantastic. Everything about this one is perfect and air play ready.

I really liked this!

Thanks for stopping by, Mario!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hey dave and chris great tune everything fits perfect love the vocal and they way you mix your songs great work thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195