Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
floyd jane #576165 01/14/20 07:48 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Floyd ...

Finally have a few minutes to listen and leave a few brief comments.

You never disappoint. Loved that break from 2:03 2:14. I particularly liked the drive oif the drums and bass. Excellent in every way! Why isn't your name a household word ... well, two words! Best to you ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

floyd jane #576231 01/15/20 07:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
FJ,

To me, this makes the upper strata of the tunes I heard by you. Liked the spoken word verses and word bending. Musically strong, energetic, nothing to add but compliments! Very nice work! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

CaptainMoto #576239 01/15/20 08:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Floyd. Super vocal lyric. Backtrack was perfect. Loved your mix and production

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Well now!
That's some damn good work.
Great production from top to bottom.

Something about dangerous women, ain't there.
I've got one on that subject I'll post some day.

Thanks, Captain....

floyd jane #576241 01/15/20 09:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Starting the year off with a bang. Nice work on this song..... good writing.... and your choice of guitars is spot on. Kinda sounded like a banjo but I didn't see one in the list of credits.....

I like it a lot.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Torrey Bliss #576373 01/16/20 04:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, your use of the realtracks in this tune are the best I can remember listening to since I've been around here! You must have spent a tremendous amount of time sorting these out! I can't hear ANYTHING that sounds "off" in any way! It's such a clean production and everything falls into place perfectly! If PG Music doesn't use this as a promo tool for their product, they are really missing a great opportunity as far as I'm concerned! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey - I certainly appreciate that fine review... Thanks!

floyd jane #576529 01/17/20 03:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd !

What a dangerous girl indeed !:))
Hope you have at least a little bit
left of your heart ? :))

Jokes aside, everything sounds
super good to me - a new masterpiece
from the masters table !:))

Cheers
Dani

Steve Young #576577 01/17/20 08:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Wow! This is as good as it gets! My new favorite of yours (and that's saying a lot!)

Great use of RT's and loops. Your vocals are as good as ever. Particularly like your bgv's. Very well done!

Great write!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Coming from you that certainly brings a satisfied smile... smile

floyd jane #576608 01/17/20 12:55 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, we try to resist comparos but what the heck...

Brothers Osborne. That.

And thanks again for making us aware of them.

You could slide this tune in on any popular Americana or modern country streaming playlist and it would make a perfect fit. Actually a top of the heap fit.

Janice rarely uses the word but she said CATCHY and that it made her want to dance.

That is one dangerous gal and your imagery is like watching a movie!

Killer vocal and a stunning mix soundstage to present it all.

And a superb melding of RT's and loops...seamless to the max.

Yeah!

J&B

dcuny #576692 01/18/20 02:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Love the intro - it set up the song and hooks me right away.

Super fun listen - well sung, interesting instrument parts, catchy rhymes, cool harmony. Sounds a bit like an extended theme song for television show.

Man, you've got a hot band there! (And the singer's not bad either laugh ).

Thanks for the nice comments, David.....

AudioTrack #576935 01/19/20 09:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mr_Songman
Hi Floyd,

As a big fan of guys like CCR, Tony Joe White, Redbone and many others, this hit me right between the pick-ups. I loved it. And I love it when I play a song that has me turning the volume up to 10 right away. smile

Your vocal slides over the lyrics like molasses on a hot day, every nuance perfectly fits each line. And the production is awesome. Great job.

Keep 'em coming Swamp Thing! smile

All the best

Martin

Martin - thanks for the nice review...

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Up there with your best, Floyd.

Band members really did justice to your delivery.

Lyrics are top class.

Trev - always please to see you drop by. Thanks!!

floyd jane #577026 01/20/20 12:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

I thought the whiskey-songs were your latest, but then (by accident) I ran into this newest of yours.
I was listening to another song on SoundCloud and right after that your song came. I had to listen! Very powerful. That was the word that came up, when hearing your song. Other words to describe your son are cool and relaxing. I picture myself drinking a whiskey in some old tavern, on my own, sad (and all that) and then this song starts playing! Makes me ordering another whiskey.
Very well done, Floyd!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
BlueAttitude #577109 01/20/20 10:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi floyd,

Now *this* is my type of country, something with a little attitude! Sort of a Steve Earle vibe happening.

Great intro! And those drums! Love the kick, snare too; great groove and sitting in the mix loud and proud.

Nice job mixing the guitars, the way you have them panned sounds fabulous through the phones; a little conversation happening there between them.

Good idea using two different bass realtracks! It's never crossed my mind to do that, but it works a treat to give the chorus a distinct feel.

And of course love your vocal and writing:

"she'll take you down so deep
you'll never make it back
word is the devil tried
and even that boy cracked
the girl is dangerous"

Nice!

Great start to 2020!

Dave - thanks for the great review. I've gotten my share of "aha moments" from your productions, as well... so thanks for that, too...

edshaw #577195 01/20/20 06:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune - love the vocals on this. Perfectly written, and delightfully catchy. Top notch work on the mixing job too. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if I heard this on the radio.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Deryk!!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Holy cow, Floyd! To paraphrase the late George Jones, "We heard there was a fast train, coming out of Florida."

smile Thanks, Ed...

floyd jane #577302 01/21/20 02:53 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Catchy, clever, and meticulously written and performed!!! Love the drawing out of.....Dan.......ger........ous!! Love the swampy feel to the track.....great prosody!! Another masterpiece by the master..... Dangerously GOOD!!! Take care. Greg

TuneMonger #577381 01/22/20 02:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
An amazingly tight band on a cool edgy song that`s still so darn catchy.
The use of loops and editing nuance is nothing short of benchmark use of the software...
I`d love to see you make another video on your process ( heck, this is good enough PG Music might want to think about a contractual arrangement for sharing the wisdom!).
Loved it.

Robert

Robert - thanks for the nice review. (because I don't have the "right" setup for making videos, it is a VERY time consuming process. And as long that remains the case - which is likely - I doubt I will do another. I think my wife - who filmed the previous one on her iphone would agree... smile )

Originally Posted By: Jim
I guess we have all met one smile...
Superb production, vocals, & lyrics...

Your tunes are always superb...
But I really enjoyed this one!
★★★★★

Thanks, Jim!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I'd never guess these were RTs and loops, amazing! Some sins can't be atoned, great line. Sounds like a hit song to me, once you add those superb vocals. Running out of superlatives over here.

TM - I appreciate that, of course...

floyd jane #577466 01/22/20 02:10 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,
Sounds like you're having fun here.
I'm certainly having fun listening to it.
Cheers.

floyd jane #577549 01/23/20 09:03 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
As always excellent song Floyd, your vocals flow so well with the lyrics and music!! Cliff

floyd jane #577637 01/23/20 11:15 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Love that swamp thing. I think I came up with leeches when it ended. John Deere hats off to the band and arrangement. Way to bring that warning to others back to the reason you can speak with so much authority. GREAT lyric. Not a wasted syllable spelling out the dangers of the woman and delivered with your impeccable and natural phrasing, with some help from "pushes", I think, in the band. Outstanding.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
rayc #577667 01/24/20 05:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
An FJ classic.
You've wrangled the loops & RTs superbly.
What stands out, for me, is the vocal recording.
It sounds pristine but I'm sure you've done some work on the tracks.
Any tricks n tips re vocal tracking & treatment you'd care to offer the world?

Thanks, ray!!

The vocal is a pretty standard treatment for me these days.
Recorded using an AT4033a microphone (had it for 25 years) through a Focusrite Scarlett directly into Studio One.
I drop a Nectar preset on it (Country - Big Booty). There is a big low end bump in the EQ for that preset that I pull down a bunch. And I turn on the delay (it is not included in the preset).
The harmonies use the same preset. Again with the low EQ bump pulled down and the delay turned on. I also turn on the doubler for those.
That is pretty much all I do...

Al-David #577734 01/24/20 04:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello Floyd ...

Finally have a few minutes to listen and leave a few brief comments.

You never disappoint. Loved that break from 2:03 2:14. I particularly liked the drive oif the drums and bass. Excellent in every way! Why isn't your name a household word ... well, two words! Best to you ...

Alan

thanks, Alan!...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,491
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195