Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Misha, I get one right once in awhile.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Matt,
Brilliant, It worked! I always run BIAB as administrator., but Cakewalk and standalone were not set to run as admin.
Thank you!!!
Side note... Sonic is the only plugin I have that would not allow two instances without admin rights.
--------

Svenne,
you installed e-licenser and registered Sonic in it right?
Matt,
Brilliant, It worked! I always run BIAB as administrator., but Cakewalk and standalone were not set to run as admin.
Thank you!!!
Side note... Sonic is the only plugin I have that would not allow two instances without admin rights.
--------
I
Svenne,
you installed e-licenser and registered Sonic in it right?

I did,-Halion +dorico works fine as standalone, and Halion loads the dorico sound library

iMac M1 24" 16GB/1TB/ Ventura 13.2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Svenne,
I am not a Mac person, perhaps somebody can help you who owns Mac+Sonic.

Just a thought... In BIAB can you locate the actual plugin file in Preferences MIDI in the folder it was installed to? Can you chose it manually?

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Svenne,
I am not a Mac person, perhaps somebody can help you who owns Mac+Sonic.

Just a thought... In BIAB can you locate the actual plugin file in Preferences MIDI in the folder it was installed to? Can you chose it manually?

Yes-in library-audio- plugins

iMac M1 24" 16GB/1TB/ Ventura 13.2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Can you choose it as a "default" synth in BIAB? And try pressing "default synth" button?
Just trying to help...

My problem (not running as administrator) sometimes had issue of "releasing" standalone. Meaning if a standalone was opened and then closed, BIAB would still give error. But with Matt help, this is in the past.

C'mon nice Mac people, help smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
C'mon nice Mac people, help smile

Also, to the O/P: Svenne, did you post this issue in the Mac section of the forum? It may get better attention there also.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
works fine in RB - on some songs nicer than the TTS1. but RB forgets GM mode and if it wasn't for one of the posts above i would not have gone into 'options/program change/GM and i wouldn't have got it to work

but agree with one of the posts abovce, installing and activating steinberg programs is like crawling through broken glass

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
But once you do... crawl that passage, it is stable as Tower of Pisa.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
works fine in RB - on some songs nicer than the TTS1. but RB forgets GM mode and if it wasn't for one of the posts above i would not have gone into 'options/program change/GM and i wouldn't have got it to work

but agree with one of the posts abovce, installing and activating steinberg programs is like crawling through broken glass

I have seen this question before,RB should remember to load Halion as default synth with GM (though Halion takes longer to load when you start RB) if you go through the following steps.

1 right click on track

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
halion 1.jpg (380.14 KB, 149 downloads)
halion 2.jpg (422.82 KB, 149 downloads)
Last edited by musiclover; 12/27/21 01:18 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
thanks musiclover - will try!
smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What musiclover posted is correct. That was confirmed to me by Jeff Yankauer. Go into Halion Sonic, make the settings for GM mode, then click on "Save Default DXi Synths". RB will keep the setting and Halion starts in GM Mode between sessions. However, if you choose something else as default and later go back to Halìon, you'll have to repeat the process of setting GM Mode and saving default settings again. Not elegant, but it's how it works.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks John for asking Jeff that, as it had been bothering me for a while too.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
This post is for those who DO NOT have any Steinberg Halion, Doric, Cubase or any other Steinberg programs with HALion sound content installed AND who also want a FREE good sounding GM sound set and player: THIS IS a 64-bit VSTi so you will need JBridge (or alternative) to use in Realband or the 32-bit version of BIAB.

If these, or similar instructions of how to get free HALion Sonic SE AND a free HAlion GM sound set to use in HALion Sonic SE then my apologies to whomever previously explained “how to" (starting from having zero Steinberg Halion sound content)

Enough ON TO THE FREE stuff - it is a multi-step process you will need to set up Steinberg account and install the FREE HAlion Sonic SE note it comes with no SOUNDS (yet)

https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pages/halion_sonic_se_3/halion_sonic_se_free.html

Then as Bob (aka jaamammal) recently points out in this thread:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=576766&Searchpage=1&Main=81228&Words=halion+sonic&Search=true#Post576766

https://new.steinberg.net/dorico/se/

Get the FREE Doric SE Notation program but MAINLY because comes with free Halion sounds that include the Steinberg Halion GM soundset. You can now use the standalone Halion Sonic SE with the GM soundset and the few other sounds that came with Doric SE or the 64-bit Halion VSTi (.dll and VST3) with 64-bit BIAB and 64-bit DAWs respectively (or as noted above if you have JBridge - its only $10, you can use with 32-bit Realband)

I just tested this all on a virgin laptop, well virgin with respect to zero Steinberg software installed.

Final note for BIAB use you may have to search for the “Halion Sonic SE.dll” it may not be in your default 64-bit plugins folder(s) (mine ended up in my Cakewalk VSTplugins folder for some reason).

Good Luck
Larry

Wow, so I went through the process of getting Dorico, and Halion installed, activated and all that stuff you have to do through their download manager. I changed the mode to GM. Tried to open a MIDI file to play it within Halion, and nothing is happening, what did I miss?

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
i bet its something simple. have you set the midi drivers in BIAB as it shows on page 8 of the 2022 manual? especially is 'use the vst/dxi synth' box ticked? halion should show in the drop down menu?

are you using BIAB or RB to play the file?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 01/23/22 11:28 AM.
Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
I was actually just trying to use Halion to play the MIDI file directly. At the top of Halion, it has a little player, where you can load a midi file and play it (see my screenshot attached)

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (35.38 KB, 74 downloads)
midi file player in halion
Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Later on, I opened it, and it said license missing! I'm trying to remove everything and start over; what a nightmare this licensing/download assistance is, Is there a prescribed set of instructions for doing this?

Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Ok disregard previous posts, I got it working, here's how for anyone else:

1) Install the Download Assistant
2) Then Dorico 4 SE
3) Then Halion Sonic SE

Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
From the manual:

Quote:

Support for 64-bit VST Plugins using jBridge
You can use your 64-bit VST plugins and VSTi instruments with Band-in-a-Box, using jBridge. Since Band-in-a-Box has built-in support for jBridge, you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32- or 64-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box. (Note: jBridge is a third-party product.)

To use 64-bit plugins with Band-in-a-Box, you:

- Get and install jBridge,
- Select and use your 64- or 32-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box, without any further setup or configuration!

The original poster said:

Quote:
THIS IS a 64-bit VSTi so you will need JBridge (or alternative) to use in Realband or the 32-bit version of BIAB.

So I'm a little confused. If I'm running the 64bit version of BIAB, do I need JBridge? The poster indicates that I Don't, but the manual says "to use 64 bit plugins with band in a box..."

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
You do not need any "bridges" if you are running 64bit BIAB. Plug and play.
Make sure it is VST2, Not VST3. I do not believe BIAB supports VST3.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 01/27/22 04:31 PM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,624
Posts735,213
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185