Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#578478 - 01/29/20 04:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
If there were such thing as a Michelin Guide for companies who make software for music... you would probably be the only company to get all 3 stars!

I love the imagination, dedication and vision you show in developing this software and in how you support it in the forums and elsewhere!

Congratulations to all the winners - you are all worthy of it... you have posted so many stunning songs that just make my life better by listening to them.

For me 2019 has been a year of personal struggles and I haven't been as productive as I wanted to be, so I was surprised to be included in the list... but of course very happy to be there!

Thanks a lot, PGMusic!

Will

#578481 - 01/29/20 04:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Dr. Gannon and company, thank you so much for your generosity. You have one of the best music products on the market in BiaB, a product that starts virtually all of my songs. I am very grateful to have BiaB in my arsenal.

I am also very honored to be included with some of the best songwriters on the planet.

This is the best site on the Internet.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#578482 - 01/29/20 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
It was a lovely surprise to receive a message from another forum member telling me I'd been included on the list of 2019 User Showcase Awards recipients.
The generosity this gift represents, regardless of the marketing savvy behind it, is very rare and very much appreciated.
Thank you PGMusic.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#578492 - 01/29/20 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Thank you PGMusic, I jumped out of my chair when I saw my name there! When my blues forum (which operated very much like the User Showcase) went away after fifteen years, I was lost. The User Showcase gave me a place to keep my music going and expand my horizons in the process. Now to put all that tunemaking power to good use! Thanks again, PGM!!!!

#578493 - 01/29/20 06:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Thank you for including me in this years User Showcase. It is very much appreciated.

#578500 - 01/29/20 07:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thank you Peter and PGMusic

An amazing gift from a great company and much appreciated.

All the earlier comments from people I admire on these forums are a testimony to your generosity.

Peter

#578519 - 01/29/20 11:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

This is very much appreciated. This past year has been the year for upping my musical education, haphazard as that tends to be. There is nothing so much fun and inspiring as learning a musical concept and immediately being able to put it to use with the brilliance, ease, and inspiration that comes with BIAB. Thanks for years of continual improvement and dedication that brings us to 2020.

I'd only want to add an encouragement to new forum members to dig into the forum, listen to, read, and support others, and show "us" what you got and are getting with the software. Not only can the rewards be tangible, but less tangible as well. You'll be inspired, challenged, and maybe even find yourself in friendly competition (even if your competitor doesn't know he/she is being competed with). That only comes with "giving"...the "receiving" will take care of itself.

Thanks, Dr. Gannon and all the PG staff in all roles.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#578523 - 01/29/20 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Dr. Gannon And All The PG Music Staff ...

Thank you so very much. This has been a very difficult year for me and my wife. She almost died three times in 2019. She continues to hold steady and we're hoping for some improvement soon.

Band In A Box has been such an important part of my life during this time - as well as the good times. I am so thankful for your excellent products and wonderful staff. Truly, it makes a huge difference in my life.

And the joy I get listening to the other forum members is just wonderful. Thanks everyone for your fabulous contributions! Your posts are better than anything I hear on the radio. Sincerely!

Thank you so very much! I am honored and grateful for this literal life-changing gift. Wishing all of you at PG Music the very best in 2020.

And congratulations to all the other winners. What a marvelous group of musicians and singers!

Alan

Edited by Al-David (01/29/20 11:49 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#578527 - 01/29/20 11:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks! laugh

You've created both an extraordinary product, and nurtured a caring, supportive community of musicians.

It's an honor just to have my name listed among all these fantastic music makers and friendly people!

(Double checks to make sure they didn't accidentally mis-type my name when they meant "David Synder" instead! wink )

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#578539 - 01/30/20 01:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
To Peter and all the staff at PG Music.

Once more I am blown away by your generosity. You have given my music "life" since I was lucky enough to stumble across this wonderful product in 2012. I continue to use it daily.

I am just about to take part in my fifth (I think) FAWM and will once again, spread the word far and wide amongst the songwriting community.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#578587 - 01/30/20 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: France
Chris37 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: France
Thanks Peter and thanks to your staff.
That's a real satisfaction for me to be among the winners.
Biab is a fantastic tool and realtracks allow me to make my music so nice. Congratulations to the other winners. Christian

#578597 - 01/30/20 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Thank you Peter and all the staff for this amazing product and company, I don't think there's another like it. Also congrats to all winners, specially for sharing their great compositions.

Mike B.

#578622 - 01/30/20 11:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Thank you so much, Peter and all the fine folks at PG Music! I don't know of any other company that does what you do. Nobody comes close to the quality that you produce. The finest studio musicians at our fingertips to generate top quality productions in hours, sometimes minutes! Incredible!

And then to honor us like this is remarkable. I cannot express how grateful I am. It is things like this that create fiercely loyal customers such as you have. All the friends that I have made on this forum have made similar comments to me about their sentiments regarding Band In A Box.

So thank you very much! I am honored, humbled, and flattered to be included in such a great group of people here. Congratulations to all the winners! (Actually, I think everyone who uses BB, and puts themselves out there creatively are winners already!)

#578680 - 01/30/20 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Thank you for the great kindness from a wonderful company

and a brilliant product.

Kenny

#578682 - 01/30/20 04:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ireland
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ireland
Well done to all the great songwriters on PG who won 2019 and look forward to hearing more compositions this year.Great product and Staff

#578689 - 01/30/20 05:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Congratulations to all the 2019 User Showcase winners.

Thanks to PG Music for creating the User Showcase and finding a way to recognize and reward the talent behind the songs.
i7 Desktop, 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 12 GB ram
256 GB M2 SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#578753 - 01/31/20 01:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: 44kfl]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands
Congratulations to all the winners. 2019 was a very inspirational year with beautiful new songs and some arrangements were blowing my mind, pushing the borders from our great tool Band in a box.
regards from the Netherlands

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#578791 - 01/31/20 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: rodipoet]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Dr. Peter Gannon,

I have been privileged to work backstage helping to promote this awesome software. It has breathed new life in me since a stroke had sidelined my musical aspirations. Today, thanks to you, I am writing the best music of my life that is being heard around the world.

A sincere 'thank you' seems inadequate somehow but "Thank you" for everything that you have done for me in my musical pursuits.

A sincere congratulations to all winners. You all keep me inspired to keep growing musically. Thank you all.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#578903 - 01/31/20 09:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Doctor Peter Gannon and all of your staff at PG Music,

PG Music is the absolute GREATEST!
Thank you all so much.

BIAB is an unique and amazing product which I have been using for about 25 years.
And it is my most favorite among the music software that I own.
I'm very happy and honoured to have been included in this year's awards.

And… Congratulations to all the other winners!

All the best,

Shigeki Adachi

#578906 - 01/31/20 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: 2019 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations to all of the recipients.
Well deserved.

A special thanks to the generosity of PG Music. Outstanding!
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

RealBand® Bar Settings Explained

Pressing the [Bar] button or f5 while in the Chords Window of RealBand brings up the Settings for Bar for that song.

What can you do in Bar Settings?
-Key Changes
-Style Changes
-Instrument Changes
-RealTracks Changes (opens a new window)
-Access the UserTracks Development Settings
-assign bars to repeat
-Reset - All Bars or Current Bar

Forum Stats
31228 Members
63 Forums
62468 Topics
528529 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Yan Lesnevskiy, deedsneeze, Andre78, Stefan Kern, musicseeker

31227 Registered Users