Hi folks,

A while back someone (Pipeline?) very kindly provided an xml file for Virtual Playing Orchestra 2 to make it accessible from Sforzando. The orchestra is is now up to version 3.2 and as well as containing some new instruments there is a new version (Performance) that has the very useful feature of being able to control the volume of some (not all) of the instruments using the mod wheel on your midi controller / keyboard. This is really handy as you get nice smooth changes and you can simulate actual players of the instruments much more effectively.

The orchestra can be downloaded from here. http://virtualplaying.com/
There is also a lot of useful documentation here.

I have updated the xml file to cater for both versions of the orchestra, Standard and Performance. This does mean having two copies of the orchestra but I have taken this approach so that people who already have songs that use Standard shouldn't have to change them (as that's always tedious). I believe the names of the old instruments will be the same but don't shoot the messenger!) Backup your existing orchestra version first so you can 'reset' if you hit issues.

If you have not used the old version just install Performance and delete the first chunk of the xml file.

You need to locate the library/libraries in the locations shown in the first attachment:e.g.
c:\Program Files\PG Music Inc\Band In A Box Sounds\Programs

(Of course, if you're happy hacking the xml around, you can change the folder names too - backup the existing and new xml files first!)

The empty folders describing the versions are useful as in a years time you won't know whether you need to upgrade otherwise!

My sforzando looks like attachment 2.

The xml file can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K-su6erjGQLenqY9Q17_AvzZ7OfqSXkr

[I guess you can delete any instances of the orchestra that are no longer referenced in the xml (such as Virtual-Playing-Orchestra2) but keep a copy in case it screws up existing songs and you wish to put it back.]

[You could of course copy the new version into the existing folders (overwrite existing files) and edit the xml. Backup the exiting library and xml!]

Sorry if this isn't clear but it's taken ages and I'm very old! Naturally I will help anyone who gets stuck if I possibly can!

Paul

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
program files.PNG (27.78 KB, 27 downloads)
IMG_20200215_014204.jpg (3.58 MB, 2 downloads)

Thanks,
Paul

BIAB 2023 Ultrapak, latest build
Studio One 6 and Cakewalk by Bandlab
Windows 11 64 bit
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
I7 9700k 16gb