Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I discovered this by messing around with my TranzPort, which is several rooms from my computer. With an increased use of Real Tracks, I wondered if it were possible to avoid waiting for Real Tracks to regenerate every time I pressed Play on the TranzPort. This is particularly annoying since I cannot see the computer and kind of wonder (with wireless) if the command 'took', until I hear the count-off.

If you press Shift+Play, you get Replay!

Although I reported this to PG Music and to Frontier Design, it hasn't made it into any documentation. Even with the improvement in regeneration time with BIAB 2010, this tip still is useful to avoid any delay in starting your BIAB song unless all the tracks are frozen.

You can pencil this onto the PDF printout from Frontier Design for BIAB here: http://www.frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/TranzPort/BiaB_Layout.pdf
and the Button and Data Wheel Functions documentation here: http://www.frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/TranzPort/BiaB_and_TranzPort.pdf

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome tip, Matt!!! Love it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You're welcome, Mike. I just updated the post to include two links to documentation, if you didn't have it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
E
Expert
Expert
E
Hey Matt,

Hope you are doing well. I am on the fence about this Tranzport. Is it worth the price? Does it work as mentioned? I would really like to have something like this for late night 1 person sessions, but I don't want to buy trouble. I see that they have discontinued it. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance,
Ed

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Ed.

Everyone I know who has a TranzPort loves it.

It is an indispensable item in my house, to control a (slightly noisy) computer from the studio, which is several rooms away. It works great in SONAR, Adobe Audition, and BIAB. I replaced the batteries once in three years.

The moderator at the Frontier Design forum (the manufacturer) was unclear about why it was discontinued, implying the product had run its course and that everyone who needed one already bought it, like fiberglass sailboats. I don't buy that logic at all, and my theory is they are re-evaluating the chosen wireless frequency, in light of all the radio frequency spectrum changes (at least, in the USA).

Even though it is discontinued, the Frontier Design website does not say that, and they still support it; they just posted a Windows 7 driver for it in November. If you want one, there are still retailers who have them in stock, but act quickly. PG Music sells it, too, here: http://www.pgmusic.com/tranzport.htm but I notice the video isn't working.?

Expert
Expert
Does this mean BiaB can be controlled by hardware DAW controllers now? That would be great! I'll give it a try tonight.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just this one, to my knowledge.

BIAB has had native TranzPort support built in for awhile (year or two; have to check). It's a great feature.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Just a bit expensive, for a gear that is no more built, and support for how many time ?
no alternative gear at all ?
I hear a lot of system to control lwirelessly some midi software. like with a DS of nintendo or an i-phone
here's someone who try
http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2006/11/nintendo-ds-hacked-into-cool-wireless.html
http://code.google.com/p/dsmi/downloads/list

It would be a great if there"s anybody that can program something like this for BIAB

Expert
Expert
No luck with the Yamaha 01X
Ah, well. Just a little while and BiaB 2011 is available

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Just a bit expensive, for a gear that is no more built, and support for how many time ?

I'm not sure what some of your post meant, but about the support issue, please consider two things. First, Frontier Design released Windows 7 drivers even after they had announced the Tranzport was discontinued. I would call that remarkably good support. Second, PG Music (not Frontier Design) writes their own drivers to make BIAB support the Tranzport, so PG Music would have to decide to drop that support in future versions. That doesn't make much sense to me, and I have much more faith in PG Music's good intentions than any other music software company.

J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
Keep your eyes on ebay, someone just won a bid for a used Tranzport. They paid less than $200.00

Dell Studio 16 Laptop i7 with 256 gig SSD
BIAB, Reaper, Encore, Sibelius
Roland SD-50
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It only costs $200 anyway, and is available on this very site.

http://www.pgmusic.com/tranzport.htm

Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

no alternative gear at all ?
I hear a lot of system to control lwirelessly some midi software. like with a DS of nintendo or an i-phone
here's someone who try
http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2006/11/nintendo-ds-hacked-into-cool-wireless.html
http://code.google.com/p/dsmi/downloads/list

It would be a great if there"s anybody that can program something like this for BIAB

You don't need to wait for BiaB 11 ... You can have it now!

I've got another idea that some of you might be interested in. Actually I can't take full credit for this as an electronics engineer friend of mine suggested it when I was ready to toss out some of my electronics 'junk'.

Originally I had been thinking about setting up another PC to act as my media 'server' for my home network. Really, the idea was to be able to watch Internet movies, MP3 downloads and my wife's photography business all from the comfort of the living room via this server and then wirelessly on to a receiving unit on my entertainment center. Well then after I got researching things (which took awhile), I found that I could use a MS-Xbox as my receiver and thus, save me the cost of buying a $300 dollar receiver (plus this would encourage my wife to say yes).

Well, one thing led to another and my electronics friend seen how many bins full of old computer parts and stuff that I had and well ... He starts rumaging around and pulls this out ... then that .... by the time he was done, he had my stuff all over the living room floor!

Long story short ... Anyone who has ever used a programmable / learning-type entertainment center remote control can figure this one out ...

I took an old Radio Shack infrared send/receive unit that I was gonna throw out and I put the send unit in the living room and the receiving unit in proximity of my server in the family room. Remember, those old things were not RF (radio frequency), they were line of sight infrared. Now these units used RF to send from the sending unit to the receiving unit (via a little antenna like your FM radio has). Then the receiving unit takes your remote control signal and relays that onto anything in it's sight that is waiting for a signal. So ...

Next step is, I took an old PC infrared receiver that came with one of my old Diabetes testing machines. The new one's simply plug into the USB port to download my readings. The old one's were simply a IR receiving device that goes to a 9-pin Serial Port (remember those days)? Well, then the IR unit attaches to a 9-pin to USB adapter. Plug it in and even Win/7 see's it and it's ready to receive any signal sent out by your Radio Shack IR unit. So, now we have one unit in the living room (the send unit), one unit in the Family Room where this server PC is (the receiving end of it), and now an IR receiver attached via Serial Port and then onto the USB port. Got the picture? Next, assuming you're using Vista or Win/7 or Windows Entertainment Pack, you simply start up your Windows Media Center software (comes already packaged with your operating system).

Next step is to connect your TV (or as in my case the HD home theater receiver) using an HDMI cable. Finally comes programming your learning-type remote control (to take control of your PC via the Windows Media Center software via the IR signal bounced through to the other room). Now the cool thing about this is that for the cost of ... well almost zero for me, I'm able to control my PC (a network server) from the Living Room and I now have access to all my song files, all my photographs, all my HD videos, all Internet browsing and all Internet movies (many of which are absolutely free)! But, that's not the kicker ... The kicker is that since I've linked all MP3, MIDI and even MDU files to run BiaB, I can do the the same thing that you're doing with this feature you've mentioned here .... and then some!

It's really a lot easier than you think too. If you don't think you can do this, take a copy of this post down to your Radio Shack or electronics store and they'll set you up with just exactly what you need. Oh, and by the way, I found out too that Playstation now provides this same service as the X-box 360 does. Anyone who is subscribed to Dish Network or Directv or Hughesnet can get info about this feature on their web sites.

One last thing ... for those of you who don't like wires or who have a long distance from your server PC to your television / entertainment center / home audio system, there's a solution for you. You can purchase a totally wireless send/receiver for your HDMI and the nice thing about these is that you'll be able to control output to other TV's in the house! Is that nice or what!

Ike
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thought I would bump this one last time, for anyone who is among the final purchasers of a Tranzport but didn't know this little trick.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195