Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I did not post any new songs last year. It was because I thought I should select a set of songs I like and have different tastes, tune them as best as I can and make up an album out of them all, rather than creating new songs. Thus I have created the album "Sincerely Yours" containing new remixed and best tuned versions of 12 songs of mine. (This part is extracted from my previous post.)

This is the first song of the album. It is the most brilliant song in it. It was remixed based on “Far Beyond The Clouds (remixed)” .

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/far-beyond-the-clouds-remixed

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=429054#Post429054

I think this remix is one of the most successful ones I made in creating the album. I believe the quality level of the base version is high, but the remix could enhance its quality to much higher level.

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/far-beyond-the-clouds-album

Major changes I made for the remix:

1. Tempo: faster (60 ==> 70)

2. Intro: 2 bars, chord sequence generated by BIAB ==> 4 bars, my original chord sequence

3. Styles: =AWAKEGF.STY ==> KLADRMAN.STY w/some manual changes

4. Instruments for the guitar tracks:
Acoustic guitars (Real Tracks) ==> Synth sounds (Bright Tip and DX Times in D-Pro)

The order (from high to low) of the effects brought by each change might be as follows.
4 > 2 > 1 > 3

I hope you enjoy this song. As always, your feedback would be most welcome.

Hiroshi

P.S.

I am afraid that I am too much positive about my songs. I think I should be able to value them as fairly as possible, but frankly, it is not easy for me. Only your feedback can correct me. It is why I am eager to have your feedback.

Thank you.

Last edited by HiroshiK; 02/24/20 03:50 AM. Reason: clarification of some points
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like the tempo.
There's lot going on in the centre of the stereo image until about 2 mins in when the Death of Ase type of string theme enters on the left.
Lovely.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW Yet another stunning piece from you Hiro. Simply gorgeous right throughout, and the strings coming in really gives it an extra lift

Last edited by furry; 02/24/20 02:52 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful piece.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: rayc
I like the tempo.
There's lot going on in the centre of the stereo image until about 2 mins in when the Death of Ase type of string theme enters on the left.
Lovely.

Thank you for your comment. It reminded me of something.
As I wrote in the description of the album, I used the wind instruments (flute, clarinet and oboe) heavily for the melodies because I love their tones so much and most of the songs are the orchestral or classical-style pops. So was this song. Once I had replaced the guitar with synth tones, there were no reasons to stick to the orchestral instruments. So, I looked for any other instruments that fit more to the melodies, but I could find none. Maybe my ears are too much accustomed to them.
As for the panning, as far as I heard it by headphone, I could notice reasonable spread of the sounds caused by the echoes of the synth tones. I think there is certainly some room for improvement here.
As you kindly pointed out, the strings part is the most dramatic though I hope it is not sorrowful :-)

Thank you again,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: furry
WOW Yet another stunning piece from you Hiro. Simply gorgeous right throughout, and the strings coming in really gives it an extra lift

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like this song. Yes, the strings part is the highlight of the song.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful piece.

Hi Scott,

Thank you.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Hiroshi !

One of your absolute best
at least of those I´ve heard
so far !

I love those mysterious
chord changes - just beautiful !

Thank you, Hiroshi !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Hiroshi !

One of your absolute best
at least of those I´ve heard
so far !

I love those mysterious
chord changes - just beautiful !

Thank you, Hiroshi !

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani,

Thank you for your comment. I am very much encouraged by it.

Yes, I also think it is certainly one of my best songs.

I am happy to know you like the chord progression as well.

Thank you again,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - you really did an outstanding job on this smile The groove is phenomenal, and the string parts took it over the top for me. Nicely catchy as well, and the mix job here is right on point.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, that flute really took me away --then right to the oboe. Such a beautiful melody to lose oneself in. Amazing work, Hiroshi. Now I gotta get back to the rest of the album. Thanks!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you really did an outstanding job on this smile The groove is phenomenal, and the string parts took it over the top for me. Nicely catchy as well, and the mix job here is right on point.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Deryk,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like my song.
I hope you will like other 11 songs of the album as well.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Man, that flute really took me away --then right to the oboe. Such a beautiful melody to lose oneself in. Amazing work, Hiroshi. Now I gotta get back to the rest of the album. Thanks!

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your comment. I am extremely happy to find another wind instruments lover here.

I am grateful for you to have interests in the rest of the album.
I hope you will enjoy them.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
A beautiful instrumental Hiroshi, and an excellent mix!! Superb!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'HiroshiK'...

I think the music of Far Beyond the Clouds is blissful and soothingly contemplative. However, at the same time, it has a somewhat yearning sound to it, as though you were describing something that you were searching for.

Your orchestration of your arrangement is colorful in a muted, autumnal way, and quietly emotional. The flute and oboe? clarinet? solos are expressive, with a melancholy flavor. The chord that is played at approximately 3:00 is so divine and lush to my ears that I closed my eyes, so that my sight would not distract me from savoring the pleasure of listening to it.

Was I hearing the sound of your musical soul?

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Last edited by bluage; 02/29/20 07:55 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A beautiful instrumental Hiroshi, and an excellent mix!! Superb!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hiroshi it takes you away really great work on this very well mixed thanks for sharing eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: bluage
'HiroshiK'...

I think the music of Far Beyond the Clouds is blissful and soothingly contemplative. However, at the same time, it has a somewhat yearning sound to it, as though you were describing something that you were searching for.

Your orchestration of your arrangement is colorful in a muted, autumnal way, and quietly emotional. The flute and oboe? clarinet? solos are expressive, with a melancholy flavor. The chord that is played at approximately 3:00 is so divine and lush to my ears that I closed my eyes, so that my sight would not distract me from savoring the pleasure of listening to it.

Was I hearing the sound of your musical soul?

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Hi LOREN,

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I was quite impressed by you. You must be the person who can see the imaginary scenes with your eyes closed changing with the progress of the music, and describe them properly. I must confess I am not such a person. It might make it possible for me to vaguely see them by following your description though. So, my answer to your question might be yes and no.

Incidentally, I am afraid you listened to the base version (Remixed version), not the Album version. The play time of the Album version is 3:13 while that of the base version is 3:32. Most probably, my description of the song is not clear and make you confused. I am sorry for that. I believe you would see somewhat different scenes by listening to the Album version.

Thank you again,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, again, 'HiroshiK'...

Your description of your song was absolutely, perfectly clear smile !!! What's more obvious to me is that I did not pay correct attention to what I read, and therefore missed the opportunity to listen to the album version, which I will do.

Actually, when I wrote that I closed my eyes to listen to the darkly lovely chord that was played at the 3:00 mark, it was to allow me to absorb the sound and feeling of it, not to visualize scenes, though it would have been quite easy to do so, because your music was so emotive and musically colorful smile.

I will be glad to 'get back to you' after I listen to the album version of Far Beyond the Clouds.

Sincerely,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hiroshi ...

I always smile when I notice you have posted a new song. You are one of my very favorite composers. The depth and color of your compositions give the listener a soft, full, and pleasing experience. The listener can almost become part of the musical ride. This is simply gorgeous ... one of my very favorites from the many you have posted here!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Hiroshi it takes you away really great work on this very well mixed thanks for sharing eric

Hi Eric,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

Your description of your song was absolutely, perfectly clear smile !!! What's more obvious to me is that I did not pay correct attention to what I read, and therefore missed the opportunity to listen to the album version, which I will do.

Actually, when I wrote that I closed my eyes to listen to the darkly lovely chord that was played at the 3:00 mark, it was to allow me to absorb the sound and feeling of it, not to visualize scenes, though it would have been quite easy to do so, because your music was so emotive and musically colorful smile.

I will be glad to 'get back to you' after I listen to the album version of Far Beyond the Clouds.

Sincerely,

LOREN

Hello Loren,

Thank you for your kind reply. It is really valuable for me to have a chance to hear the listeners'
imagery or feelings they had while listening to my songs. I am looking forward to your next feedback.

Best regards,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Hiroshi ...

I always smile when I notice you have posted a new song. You are one of my very favorite composers. The depth and color of your compositions give the listener a soft, full, and pleasing experience. The listener can almost become part of the musical ride. This is simply gorgeous ... one of my very favorites from the many you have posted here!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your very kind comment. It is a great joy and honor to me to have such a pleasant message from you. I hope I will be able to continue creating the musical works that you like so much.

Thank you again.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You are a wonderful composer and this is a
wonderful composition. We produce very
simple music and are always amazed at the
complexity and the time and thought it takes
to produce a song like this.

It is sublime!

J&B

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Beautiful piece. You are one of the premier musical stylists here on the forum and it's always a pure joy to listen to your wonderful posts.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
You are a wonderful composer and this is a
wonderful composition. We produce very
simple music and are always amazed at the
complexity and the time and thought it takes
to produce a song like this.

It is sublime!

J&B

Hi J&B,

Thank you for your kind comment. It is a great joy and honor to have it from the
leading musicians like you.

I think the songs with nice vocals well match simpler melodies and accompaniments because they support the vocals firmly and never spoil them. In my album "Sincerely Yours", there are two songs with vocals; Visiting Beautiful Kyoto and First Love. Both of them has much simpler melodies and accompaniments compared with the other instrumental songs.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Beautiful piece. You are one of the premier musical stylists here on the forum and it's always a pure joy to listen to your wonderful posts.

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am very happy to have such an encouraging comment like this.

Hiroshi

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B

Sincerely,

LOREN

Ahhh, yes! To begin, I could hear a difference in the quality of the recording. I felt the 'soundfield' was wider, and the instrumental sections more clarified and distinct, more closely approximating the sound of a 'live' orchestra.

The second thing I noticed, was your rueful, wintry melody, particularly when it was performed on the flute and the oboe. You achieved a wistful, achingly soulful sound in your performances on those instruments. It very much reminded me of the work of the late, French composer of film scores and concert music, George Delerue. Are you familiar with him? He composed notable film scores for movies such as The Day of the Dolphin, The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne, Shoot the Piano Player, Jules & Jim, The Pumpkin Eater, and many, many more.

Concerning Far Beyond the Clouds, you seem to share Mr. Delerue's affinity for composing music with a baroque, or mediveal flavor.

Regardless of the similarities in instrumentation and compositional style, Far Beyond the Clouds retains it tone poem quality with a strongly emotive and memorable theme, accompanied by your spare, autumnal writing for strings and guitar.

Most sincerely & respectfully,

LOREN

P.S. 'HiroshiK', would you mind informing me what all of the instruments were that you used in the composition?

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Classy as usual Hirochi. Loved it.

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hello again, LOREN,

Thank you for listening to the album version and getting back to me with the renewed and more in-depth comment. I am very glad (and relieved) to know you like the album version as well.

Ahhh, yes! To begin, I could hear a difference in the quality of the recording. I felt the 'soundfield' was wider, and the instrumental sections more clarified and distinct, more closely approximating the sound of a 'live' orchestra.

I am impressed by your comment here. It beautifully expresses the effects I aimed at.

The second thing I am noticed, was your rueful, wintry melody, particularly when it was performed on the flute and the oboe. You achieved a wistful, achingly soulful sound in your performances on those instruments.

This paragraph is a kind of highlight to me. You kindly spotlighted the melodies of my song and analyzed them very well from the listeners' emotional point of view. It was very informative to me but, at the same time, it was a sort of shock to me. I will try to explain what I mean here. I love the classical music, and Mozart is my most favorite composer. He created a number of sorrowful works of course. My belief is that in those works, the sorrow never becomes serious nor it goes deeper. It just run through swiftly. I understand Henri Gheon called it "tristesse allante" (about String Quintet No.4 G minor K.516 - 1st Movement). I am hoping that the sorrow in my works to be like this.

It very much reminded me of the work of the late, French composer of film scores and concert music, George Delerue. Are you familiar with him? He composed notable film scores for movies such as The Day of the Dolphin, The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne, Shoot the Piano Player, Jules & Jim, The Pumpkin Eater, and many, many more.

No, I am not familiar with George Delerue. I am writing this reply while playing his music. As soon as my speakers had started to play "Camille", I could understand what you meant. Thank you for introducing me to his wonderful world.

Concerning Far Beyond the Clouds, you seem to share Mr. Delerue's affinity for composing music with a baroque, or mediveal flavor.

Yes, I think so too.

Regardless of the similarities in instrumentation and compositional style, Far Beyond the Clouds retains it tone poem quality with a strongly emotive and memorable theme, accompanied by your spare, autumnal writing for strings and guitar.

Thank you for saying this. I am very glad and greatly honored.

Most sincerely & respectfully,

LOREN

P.S. 'HiroshiK', would you mind informing me what all of the instruments were that you used in the composition?

No, I do not. I will list them up.

DX Tines: Backing for the flute, oboe and strings parts
Twelve String Guitar (with pad): Backing for the strings part
RGC Flute In The Venue: for the flute itself
RGC Clarinet In The Venue: for the clarinet itself
Velo Strings: for the strings itself
FG Bright Tip: for the harmony in the strings part
Basses Legato: for the bass throughout
Cellos Legato f: ditto
Violas Legato f: ditto

With many thanks and respect,

Hiroshi

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Classy as usual Hirochi. Loved it.

Mike B.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like this song.

Hiroshi

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200