Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I was amused, slightly, of the riot caused by the University of Dayton (Ohio) closing their campus.

Students wanting to be in school!!!!!

...Deb

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
....I also have enough guitar strings not to run out for a couple of years....

smile

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Billie,

Thanks for putting a humorous twist on this morbid situation.

We, too, don't expect to survive if either my wife or I contract this killer virus.

The media has killed any reference to the known deaths in Washington State but my eldest son is a sheriff's deputy and also lives at Smokey Point where people have reportedly died. We may never know the whole story.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I hope that folks around the world who take a cavalier attitude toward this realize that even if they are not in a high risk category they can be responsible for passing it on to a friend, family member or stranger who is at serious risk.

My wife and friends will tell you that I joke all the time about nearly everything but I have to admit that I can conjure up no humor regarding this situation.

Be well,

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I hope that folks around the world who take a cavalier attitude toward this realize that
even if they are not in a high risk category they can be responsible for passing it on
to a friend, family member or stranger who is at serious risk.

My wife and friends will tell you that I joke all the time about nearly everything but I have
to admit that I can conjure up no humor regarding this situation.

Be well,

Bud

Same here Bud. I joke around a lot but can't find anything funny about this virus. Well maybe one thing. Why a run on TP? That end is not what gets infected! No store around here has any TP, disinfectant soap, or masks. Why? Masks are only for the infected and health care personal. Regular soap and water works just fine. Just use common sense. However that is something that just doesn't exist anymore in a lot of people.

We are concerned as our daughter works in a pharmacy and one son works in a auto store and is in contact with all customers.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/12/20 05:01 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I hope that folks around the world who take a cavalier attitude toward this realize that even if they are not in a high risk category they can be responsible for passing it on to a friend, family member or stranger who is at serious risk.

I so agree! That thought terrifies me. Sadly that goes both ways. Last night we celebrated my dad's 76th birthday. They had us over for pizza, cake, all that kind of thing. I loved being there; but did make mention that we may have to change things up in a little while. Their reaction was "I'm sure it will be fine." But why risk it? Of the kids there, they ranged from 13 to 24. They have active scholastic and social lives; meaning A LOT of contact with people. While it may not be here just yet, ironically 2 cases were discovered 45 minutes south of us yesterday.

I get extremely nervous at the potential risk that may be coming. I keep a level head, and am not an alarmist. I also don't have to be too bright to see that they are handling this very differently than I've ever seen. Not just in 1 country either.

If you have kids or grand kids, and we get to that point of having to self quarantine for a bit. Don't make it difficult for those who love you to protect you as best they can.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I just lost my first gig due to COVID. A pool party we have played for at least 10 years.

Since common colds are caused by a different coronavirus, and since I rarely catch a cold (one every 15 years or so), and when I do it's very mild, I figure I have a pretty good chance of making through this infection.

On the other hand, I'm being careful. Not panicking, just being careful.

But I'm still gigging in close proximity to people.

----

A few people have asked, "Why toilet paper". I figure if you are quarantined, it's a convenience you don't want to do without.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Two pieces of good news I heard from Dr. Siegel on Fox this morning. The first is we don't hear much about cases in the southern hemisphere which ties in to the comment about not being able to return TP in Australia. It's summer there. Nothing much being reported in S. America or Africa. Same thing. This virus like other cold and flu viruses seems to be seasonal. It doesn't like hot weather, the UV goes up and that kills it. Spring is coming to all of us in the north. It appears it should be slowing down in the next month or so and on into the summer.

Second is a new report out of S. Korea. They were hit hard a month ago but had millions of testing kits. Their new stats show exactly what several doctors have been predicting over the last few weeks and that is the 3-4% death rate is way skewed because of not enough test kits to really get a handle on how many already have had it and recovered. We know the exact number of fatalities but don't know the other number. S. Korea now says the death rate is about .5% which makes a lot more sense. Still a worry for the elderly in nursing homes, none of this changes that but for everybody else probably not a big deal. I'm a pretty healthy 74, never smoked so no lung issues. Yes, I'm concerned and taking precautions but I'm probably fine if I get it. Got an email from the VA yesterday saying everybody entering the building is getting screened and no visitors will be allowed in most cases.

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita are in Australia right now under quarantine and they're posting on social media a lot. They're both a healthy 63 and he's diabetic. So far they're doing fine it's basically no different than a cold. Same with all the athletes like some NBA players. They will almost certainly be fine by next week sometime. Yes, this has people in a panic but that will pass. I agree with no immunity this will eventually go through the majority of the population but with a big "probable" slowdown coming with warmer spring and summer weather. That should allow a vaccine to come online in time for the next cold season. If not then we will cycle through this again in 8 or 10 months but they should certainly have a vaccine by then.

Basically no reason to panic but nursing homes really have to be careful, this good news certainly does not apply to them but otherwise we'll be fine and don't worry about the stock market either. This will turn out to be another huge buying opportunity just like 2008 was. There will certainly be short term economic disruptions like flying, large gatherings of people at sporting events, music festivals, your gigs Notes and all that stuff. But for you Notes, you're also in a warm, humid climate and it's getting hotter quickly now. There's nothing coming out of Mexico either, again hot and humid down there. I think this should pass in Florida and the South pretty quick. Right now it's the northern area's where winter is still solidly in force, it's cold and dry that will continue to get hit until spring.

Just a final comment about Italy. We tend to think of Italy as a first world country but it's really not, just like Greece and the whole eastern Mediterranean isn't. They're not the Congo but they're not all that advanced either but the good news for that area is it's pretty hot so that helps with this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have this seemingly nowadays curious interest in science. Hence I’m more attracted to what an epidemiologist might say rather than an internist MD pundit on a news channel.

COVID-19 is a novel disease with no meds to treat symptoms and no vaccine. The asymptomatic incubation period is extended. South Korea has drive through test venues. You cannot get a test today in virtually all of America. Testing is more critical to America than the stock collapse...and I say that as a person exposed to the vagaries of the market. Oh, and then there are the 700 vacancies in the CDC.

FWIW, etc.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well said, Bud.

For those that find this funny, just watch this report from Kirkland, Washington ( near Seattle ) of moments ago:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=2296086910685459&ref=notif&notif_id=1584043434418536&notif_t=live_video

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Well said, Bud.

For those that find this funny, just watch this report from Kirkland, Washington ( near Seattle ) of moments ago:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=2296086910685459&ref=notif&notif_id=1584043434418536&notif_t=live_video

I don’t think anybody finds this funny however, the behaviour of some people is. If not funny then ridiculous or silly.

Don’t kid yourself it is not happening south of the equator we in Oz are not immune. Watching the news just now there is a fair chance the Grange Prix will be called off. They were already running practices yesterday. There are many cases in Oz. We have spent weeks already trying to kerb the issues.

Am I worried? In the Australian vernacular “Too bloody right I am”. I’m a diabetic in my 70s living in a retirement village. In the village I’m very involved in the community being President of the Village Bowls Club I have some critical decisions to make. I’m resigned to the fact we will get this but listen carefully to any advice from all over the world.

My rant
Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Mario, that is sooooo funny. Anyway who's afraid of the big old "Corona Virus"??? Okay, just joking and do realize some people do need to take it seriously. Did anyone hear that it was genetically engineered by the Russians to help Trump win the next election? I heard old liberals were at a higher risk of dying from the infection.

Last edited by Belladonna; 03/12/20 12:53 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
...I heard old liberals were at a higher risk of dying from the infection.

Zero smilies here. We are both legally elderly.

J&B aka Old Liberals

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I have this seemingly nowadays curious interest in science. Hence I’m more attracted to what an epidemiologist might say rather than an internist MD pundit on a news channel.

COVID-19 is a novel disease with no meds to treat symptoms and no vaccine. The asymptomatic incubation period is extended. South Korea has drive through test venues. You cannot get a test today in virtually all of America. Testing is more critical to America than the stock collapse...and I say that as a person exposed to the vagaries of the market. Oh, and then there are the 700 vacancies in the CDC.

FWIW, etc.

Bud

Well said Bud! I'll trust science over Faux News any day!

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Bud, I do understand both legally elderly and liberal. Hey, I'm elderly too age 66 but not concerned since it appears the virus was engineered not to bother us. Somehow I'm not totally surprised at your post since you had already banned me some years ago and yes, I was expecting you to chime in. I'm surprised you even read my posts since you know I'm a Trump supporter. I'm not apologetic about my beliefs since America is still a free country, thank God and I have a right to my thinking and preference as so do you as that what makes the world go round. So, I'll keep my sense of humor as it keeps life more fun at least for me and I don't have to take Xanax every day.

Last edited by Belladonna; 03/12/20 01:27 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nobody is saying the virus doesn't exist in the southern hemisphere, of course it does. It's just the warmer summer climate tends to suppress it somewhat or at least that's a supposition right now. It is true there are few stories about this from South America for example.

And at age 74 I'm right there with you Tony. I live in a retirement community too but not any kind of assisted living, just a 55 and older community. Everybody loves to say hey, I'm a healthy 74, age is just a number and all that rot. I'm not naive, healthy or not there's no way people our age are anywhere near as strong as someone in their 50's much less 30's. We're basically healthy for our age. Whatever that's worth.

Test kits have been a problem for sure but yesterday they're saying there are over a million available now and 5 million basically in transit and available in the next few days and ramping up from there. We will have a handle on this fairly soon I think and my guess is the overall death rate will start coming way down. Still a heckuva risk for us older folks and the more compromised your health is the worse it could be.

My friend and neighbor is 78, been a smoker all his life, still smokes a bit even now but he's one of those where he's been cutting down for years but seems to not make progress, his lungs are compromised, he has high BP, a heart murmur and other issues but not been in a hospital for about 20 years.

He has to go into town to the Walmart for food shopping and he's worried and I'm a bit worried for him too. But, just checking the website now there is not one case reported within 20 miles of me, there are a 6 in surrounding communities, mostly from the cruise ship and they were already isolated several days ago. So, what's the risk then? High? Low? Medium? I have to say pretty low. Already in the last two weeks there have been several fatal car accidents around here and many other deaths and accidents from all kinds of causes.

Keep this in perspective. It's foolish to simply ignore this but equally foolish to suddenly feel we're all under a death sentence. There are risks all around us and have been all around us our whole lives. We're merely the lucky survivors, how many friends and relatives have we all lost over the last 10 years?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Donna, I “chimed in” regarding this thread well before your post. I could care less who you support or your politics. Live and let live is my mantra. I just did not find that remark amusing and would not have irrespective of who posted it.

Hey who let Facebook in? Back to music.

J&B

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Bud, I didn't for one minute think you would find it amusing. Liberal humor died with George Carlin. So live and let live. You are entitled to your thinking as well as I am also.

Last edited by Belladonna; 03/12/20 05:30 PM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Many areas of the U.S. Are like "developing nations". Sometimes these areas are in close vicinity to the "first world". The virus doesn't care about wealth. It also doesn't care about conspiracy theories. I am much like it.

Maybe there is some overreaction, but given the facts elucidated in previous posts, overreaction seems prudent.

There is a lot more mask-wearing here than is usual, but what it is signaling is "I care about you.". If we all take that attitude--factually informed and caring--we'll get through this better than if we don't. What form that caring takes may change over time, but if it remains at the core, better.

Last edited by Tangmo; 03/12/20 02:50 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Billie,

Thanks for putting a humorous twist on this morbid situation.

We, too, don't expect to survive if either my wife or I contract this killer virus.

The media has killed any reference to the known deaths in Washington State but my eldest son is a sheriff's deputy and also lives at Smokey Point where people have reportedly died. We may never know the whole story.

Our best wishes go out to you and everyone for that matter.
I am sure we will never know the whole story for any part of the world.

My wife and I have been together so long I can not imagine living without her. This is a really scary situation. We have made all the preparations that I know how to do. Made the last trip to the store today.

We have isolated ourselves (to the extent we can)but that is on seventy acres so we don't feel real cooped up.

This situation should inform you how little help you can really expect from the government. How is it possible we do not have enough medical equipment, not even rubber gloves.

When this gets really bad doctors will be forced to save younger people and let old people like my wife and I die.

I have no real idea how bad this is going to get but I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,560
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200