Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#585694 03/14/20 10:33 AM
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
So I am using the most current updated version of BIAB VST, Cubase Pro 10 trying to generate 8 bar guitar riff to my surprise the part generated is only 6 bars long no I have checked the tempo of the Cubase 10 and VST plugin is same (90 in my case) I have disabled the intro and ending bars generating in correct key but the bars do not match? am I missing something?

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Have you just got 8 bars in the vst or are you doing a multiriff on 8 selected bars ?
In preference have you got "Pad Mulriffs" checked or "Allow Multiriff to start early or end later" checked ?

N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
just for the sake of this sample I only have 8 bars in the vst I have not altered "Pad Mulriffs" or "Allow Multiriff to start early or end later" default settings, it does not matter if I choose a sax melody or guitar solo in real track I m not getting the same bar count I am not choosing a full style but rather a single track in vst window to generate a 8 bar melody line providing the appropriate chords in vst, I hope I am being clear?

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
This first time I tried it gave 6 bars then I loaded the plugin again and it worked.
I think the first time the project was 120bpm when the plugin was set to 90 then the project was set to 90 then when generated it gave 6 bars.
So I tried setting the project to 90bpm first then loaded the plugin and set it to 90 and it gave 8 bars.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Cubase-BBvst-90bpm.png (159.79 KB, 175 downloads)
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
ok maybe that is the problem will test and let you know but shouldn't vst tempo sync prevent this from happening in the first place??

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It's following the sync but generating at the wrong tempo.
This was the first try you can see it's only 6 bars:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Cubase-BBvst-Sync.gif (459.49 KB, 172 downloads)
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
you are proving my point, now I have many VST's most of those offer sync to host or keep their native tempo but generating a drum beat in those VST's is always in time/ length so basically before creating a song I have to come up with the right tempo and I can not change my mind in middle? that does not seem very creative/productive..if following this rule BIAB VST have to be the first in chain and I am suppose to be stuck with whatever tempo I decided at the start of the project otherwise length of the tracks will mismatch this is unfortunately a serious shortcoming..

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
When you open the plugin it will match the host tempo. If you change the tempo in the host the plugin tempo area will flash a blue light to remind you. If you change the host tempo change the plugin tempo at the same time it takes literally 10 seconds. With 20 different DAWs to work with all having different areas of the coding that’s a lot to ask for it to hunt that down and sync to each change to make. So it gives a reminder. Maybe that can be implemented to instead of read the tempo and warn, but read and follow. it’s certainly not the end of the world right now.

Before this plugin to get 5 different instruments in your DAW in a audio format with similar genre or complimenting styles in the same key and chord structure took far longer than the time it takes to generate this plugin. It could take hours not minutes.

Talk about your creativity or production stopper.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 03/16/20 03:45 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
maybe I am not understanding the plugin correctly or you did not read the entire post before commenting no one is denying the usefulness of the BIAB or its VST plugin so need to get defensive... I am aware of the tempo matching button and indeed I used it, both tempo in cubase pro 10 and BIAB VST was showing to be 90 BPM but the part generated was only 6 bars long? so what am I doing wrong? once the tempo changed in DAW I made sure to keep the same tempo in VST plugin, if you are not encountering the same problem that is great but don't try to mitigate the issue I am having...

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
My apologies if I sound defensive. I just hear so many people complain about the plugin that don’t truly see the bigger picture regarding what it can do vs what it can’t. I hear you regarding that there are things needed to make it work really good. We are all trying to encourage the dev team to get it there. Regarding the multiriff issue I’ll do some testing today and report back if I’m getting similar results maybe we can sort this out.

On a side note I have always seen that multiriff both in the plugin and in Realband would on occasion give varied results. Sometimes it nails it but more often I have to mess with it some. One suggestion is to over generate. In other words if you want 8 bars generated 10 and use the volume automation in your DAW to trim it to fit. Even generating 2 or three bars either way can work wonders.

When MR first came out in RB I thought great an easy way to add a lead I can’t play. It seemed to never nail it, but it was close. It took a while to realize that it was giving me a rough palate to work with. Anyway I’m sorry if I came off rough, I want to help and will see what I find and get back to you.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Sincerely apologise for my response to you earlier, I will try your suggestions with changing bar counts that happened with multiriff and with a single real track as well I will continue to try different methods and will post results, kind regards

N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
I am still having problems please see the attached screen capture, as you can see that tempo in VST is set to 90 as it is 90 in cubase pro 10 (project tempo was set to 90 before loading the BIAB VST) now to keep it simple only loading 1 real-track it is only generating up to 13 or 14 bars and go back to bar 1?? I tried changing the bar count to 18 as it was suggested but for some reason it is only generating up to 14 bars, tried different real tracks with similar results this is getting frustrating

BIB2020VST - Copy.gif (1.02 MB, 130 downloads)
Last edited by Navid Syed; 03/19/20 06:05 AM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There is an issue there that needs fixing same to do with the last issue.
Until it's fixed if you have JBridge you can try load PluginFlipFlop then load it into that,
or do the same with Element

Veteran
Veteran
What version of the BIAB-VST are you running? I see pictures of version 2.4.5? That is not the most current beta. I do seem to remember this problem and it may have been fixed by the current beta. But that now has other problems. It would be nice to have us all on the same page same version. There is company in misery. crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #586489 03/19/20 12:58 PM
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
is there a beta available? I checked for the update through main BIAB 2020 program and it showed I have the most updated version confused

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Navid Syed
is there a beta available? I checked for the update through main BIAB 2020 program and it showed I have the most updated version confused

You have to request to get on the beta testing site where V2.4.13 is available for the last month or so. But be warned it has its own issues.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #586493 03/19/20 01:21 PM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
v2.4.5 is showing in mine.

A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
I ran some tests and was not able to isolate the problem. Could someone please outline exact steps that I can take to reproduce this issue?

N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
did you review my post from 03/19/20?? I actually uploaded all the steps I am taking in gif file

Last edited by Navid Syed; 04/01/20 05:42 AM.
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
I will try to type in the step I am doing

1. start my Cubase 10 Pro, new empty project, set the tempo to 90
2. load BIAB Vst, make sure in BIAB VST tempo is also set to 90
3. lead in/ ending unchecked start 1 end 16, 1 chorus
4. choose a scale, typed in few chords
5. load a real track (not a style) just a guitar track or any other insrument (does not matter which one, tried with different instruments)
6. click generate, now the problem is it only generates 12 bars and when you play within the VST, the highlighted bars go back to beginning
as soon as it reaches to bar 12 the player stops and highlight bar goes back to bar 1

see the above gif for demonstration..

someone suggested changing the bar count, but to be honest with you I am quite disappointed and to think I just wasted quite a bit of money on BIAB 2019 and also upgraded to 2020 thinking things would be better, so far not so impressed...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,499
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195