Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Janice, Bud and Peter

Heartfelt, poignant lyrics from Bud, superb singing from Janice (who would expect anything else) and tasteful guitar work from Peter. Great job by all.

I know Peter will particularly enjoy the Clapton comparison in the comments. In our early teens, he and I both bought our first guitars cause we dreamed of playing like EC. These days, Peter actually can. Me, I’m still strumming a few simple chords to help me write lyrics. Goes to show that dedication, hard work and perseverance pays off (and vice versa).

Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really enjoyed this one!

Great writing, Bud, man I wish I had skills in that department! My favorite of many:

"a friend said her neighbor
was gonna go to hell
they went to a different church
was all she could tell"

Janice as always sounds great, love it when she brings in the harmonies.

Peter sounds a bit like Clapton to me on this one, very good indeed (cool ending!)

And a pro sounding mix to top it all off.

Excellent!

Thanks Dave - appreciate that!

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Dear Janice, Bud & Peter,

this is really something special !!!

Thoughtful and heartfelt lyrics - Bud: KUDOS !!!. Janice you sing these outstanding lyrics with a deep emotion without any artificial sentimentality, that is just fantastic.

I love the arrangement and the overall sound of this production - oh Bud, you always get things right!

Peter, great playing (like usual).

Like I said, "This is really something special".

Stay healthy - there's more than just a storm ahead...

All the very, very best to all of you,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This website forum is the hidden gem on the internet for the best, most original, and creative artists, songwriters, and their songs.

THIS song is one of the reasons why.

Nicely done.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love your genius, Bud, and Janice's superb delivery. Excellent song with so much sadness. Peter's guitar work is superb as always. What a great song!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud, Peter...

Superb.

Everything is just as it should be to tell your story.

A solid write. Nice progression in the lyric/story. A well-matched melody.
The BAND does its job perfectly - as does the guy who put them in place...
Peter's guitar work is wonderfully supportive.
Seems silly to even mention Janice's vocal. PERFECTION.

A crystal clear mix. Sounds SO good on my monitors!!

One to be proud of (of course, they all are...)

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nice to hear an original from you and what a touching one it is! Hopeless story, powerful lyric writing. I was expecting something relieving in the end, but that's the way things usually are in real life, no happy endings. But luckily the excellent production makes me smile, Janice's voice and the guitars sing the ode of sadness very gently.

Janne

Appreciate the comments Janne.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is one of your best. Bud, I really like how your crafted that first verse to lead smoothly into the chorus--that really hooked me.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I wish I could write like Bud.
I wish I could sing like Janice.
I wish I could play guitar like Peter.

After hearing something so professional it almost makes me want to sell my instruments.

Everything is perfect, as usual from you all!

Good grief. We’d love to have your instrumental, compositional and arrangement chops!

Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The narrative & perspective are terrific.
"that's just the way things are"
Says it all really.
The lies we tell children, (science, faith & education are full of them as stepping stones to further understanding), form the adult they become.
Cool song on all levels.
Thank you.

We thank you Ray. Your reaction to that line is exactly the way we felt. Your thoughtful perspective is greatly appreciated.

J&B

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Janice and Bud, after all the comments here is hard for me to add anything to top it. Anything that you all do is simply great. Production, vocals ,lyrics, you name it. All perfect!

Mike B.

Thanks Mike!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: furry
Oh Man, this is simply outstanding. Janice your voice is perfect for ballads, and it's time you did an album.
Peter, brilliant guitar work as always

Thanks Graham.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I bet a lot of full grown adults wonder the same stuff every day, I know I do. I appreciate that in mentioning religion you touched on the good and the bad in it. Production was first rate as usual. And that voice! I'm out of superlatives. Thanks!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
What a collaboration and with BIAB too! Great lyrics. Absolutely outstanding. Wonderful and full vocals. Beautiful Great guitar playing. I love that style. Someone said Eric Claptop. Yes . I'd throw in Mick Taylor too. Great production (mix, etc.) too.

Thanks for the great supportive comments. We all appreciate them. And, hey, your mention of Mick Taylor was very cool. We love his playing!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J@B + Peter,
Beautiful and sad original! I jumped into listening and was pretty sure I knew it. Turns out I did not smile Well, just wait 100(?) years and it will become a public domain... and somebody will re arrange and re-post it here. Very well done! Great teamwork! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Ok, this song IS emotion! It's one of those songs that captures a feeling so well that you sort of lose sight that it's a song and feel like you've just witnessed something. It's a story told so unbelievably well.

To expand on that a little bit without going too far, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is one of those types of songs. I'm not saying this sounds like that, just the power of the writing and performance get you to that place.

You three have so expertly accomplished this through the use of a well-delivered melody and harmonies, fantastic guitar work, production, and extra attention to the details of the lyrics. Instead of using words like Mom or Dad you chose words like Mommy and Daddy. Those words I want really drive it home.

The feel has even taking on life in the cover photo. From what I've seen, a lot of your covers have a really cool blue Spectrum to them. The Earth Tones had me expecting something different, and it was delivered

I lend on the overall sobering subject matter. I commend you for bringing it into perspective for those of us who may have forgotten the fears of a child. it's especially poignant given the times were in.

I am sitting in sitting in a parking lot as I write this. And by right, I mean speak it into my phone. I'm quite certain there will be many typos and it's not overly easy for me to go back and put in correct. I'm getting better at not worrying about that and just getting the comment out. that's what's most important in a work as amazing as this is! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is truly top-notch in every aspect!

One thing that will always brighten our day is a review like this! We hugely appreciate your comments on the write. I (Bud) did my best to try and present it from a child’s view w/o it sounding stilted. And thanks for mentioning the photo. I thought it was appropriate for the tune.

We thank you for all!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW!

This so worth the price of admission ... plus a fine dinner afterwards. there is so much fabulous talent on this forum. You two put out the cream of the crop entertainment in these parts ... and a lot of other parts, I would imagine.

Janice shines on this ... she always does, but this one is extra special. The harmony is beyond sweet. And Bud, you knob twisting talent is to die for.

Wishing you both everything good. take care ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I wish I could write like Bud.
I wish I could sing like Janice.
I wish I could play guitar like Peter.

After hearing something so professional it almost makes me want to sell my instruments.

Everything is perfect, as usual from you all!

Appreciate that Mario!

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved the intro. Love the tone of Peters guitar. Excellent vocal Janice. Professional level production. Well done

Thanks for listening and commenting Scott.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
All around powerhouse of a track.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The narrative & perspective are terrific.
"that's just the way things are"
Says it all really.
The lies we tell children, (science, faith & education are full of them as stepping stones to further understanding), form the adult they become.
Cool song on all levels.
Thank you.

Thanks Ray.

Peter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195