Page 1 of 2 1 2
#586280 03/18/20 11:07 AM
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
A song about longing – boosted by the strange days after the arrival of the Corona virus.

Share My Soup With You

BiaB tracks used in this production:

Style is _SLIDING.STY

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2541:Pedal Steel, Background ModernPopCountry Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 2024:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 3152:Fiddle, 5-string, Background AmericanaFolkCoolAndy Sw16 075

RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Thanks again to PG Music for making this worldclass software.

Peace and love in this troubled times – keep on making music!

The song is in Norwegian – made a quick translation, so you'll know what it's about:

Share my soup with you

Chorus:
If I could, I’d share my soup with you
If I could, I’d share my soup with you
But this life is hard
I simply can’t change it right now
But, If I could, I’d like to share my soup with you

You live in another town
Have your own house and a soft bed
But I am struggling here
I simply can’t be there
Because you live in another town

The kids are living in a third place
It's not easy to find peace
When they sholuld be here
But, their mother and the school are over there
It’s not easy with the kids living in a third place

Chorus:

Folding hands and pray to the Lord
Ask for love and peace in this world
But, it's not easy to see
How far this road will be
Folding hands and pray to the Lord

Chorus x2

Last edited by molsenhouse; 03/18/20 11:26 AM.

MacUser!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gentle backing and melody that disguises the sad narrative.
Nice vocal recording.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Thanks rayc!

MacUser!
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
What a beautiful song. Love the sharing, honesty and compassion it shows. We certainly need more of this in the world today. I get it about the kids as one of mine now lives in Sweden and I'm in the USA. Nice vocals. Yeah, the backing sometimes has an ominous feeling which I like in that it shows like can have some unexpected balls from left field.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for sharing. Delicious! Great taste. Like rayc said, the wonderful music obscures the sadness, or maybe emphasizes the positive possibilities. Love the lyrics, and the Norwegian words are captivating.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Thanks for sharing. Delicious! Great taste. Like rayc said, the wonderful music obscures the sadness, or maybe emphasizes the positive possibilities. Love the lyrics, and the Norwegian words are captivating.

I agree. This is fantastic and is a perfect example of the fact that you don't need to understand the lyrics to enjoy a song. Music is the universal language.

Your vocal is just perfect. A very interesting chord progression in spots. I also liked your harmonies. Good job on that.

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Thanks for your nice words, Belladonna. And yes – kids far away really can hurt. Especially under this circumstances of today. We need to share, take care of each other and stretch out a hand to those who are far away from their families and home.

Last edited by molsenhouse; 03/22/20 10:19 AM.

MacUser!
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Thanks marty! Glad you enjoy the Norwegian words.

MacUser!
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Mario,

Thanks for listening and commenting. Language is music!
Though, Norwegian is a "small" language – I'll might try to work on the English translation and see what happens…

MacUser!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Einar,

A little bit of Country from you this time. Nice! smile

A beautiful song. A little sadness... Your vocal is warm and smooth - perfect.
The backing tracks are nicely done and support the story nicely.
Excellent mix.
Enjoyed the listen.

fj

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, 'molsenhouse'...

I think Share My Soup With You is an exceedingly well-constructed song, musically speaking, which made it a very immersive listening experience.

The way you brought instruments into the foreground, and then pulled them into the background to highlight the warm, memorable melody, the well-placed and pleasantly surprising 'shots' that occured after the intro and at about 3:34, the driving tremolo of the electric guitar solo that appeared at 3:00, and more, reminded me strongly of the way the conductor of an orchestra guides his/her instrumentalists over the landscape of a composition. Personally, it was the musical equivalent of 'sight-seeing', with new things to hear at each 'bend' in the musical road.

Was that you singing? If so, your voice was as clear as it could be, and was quietly expressive of the sentiments in your lyrics. Also, your harmonizing vocal tracks were quite soothing to listen to.

I feel as though I should have purchased a ticket to listen this song, 'molsonhouse' laugh !!!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a.'bluage')

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Catchy melody, nicely sung, good arrangement, excellent mix.

The shift to the minor at 2:37 is especially sweet. The guitar solo was unexpected, but fit nicely. Love how the harmonies, and the build at the end. Whoever played the lead guitar at the end did a great job.

Excellent. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Nicely done!! Has a great vibe, and very well mixed and sung! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Floyd,

Inspired by the documentary: The history of Country Music! ;-)

Take care!

MacUser!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I enjoyed the melody ( familiar and catchy enough to have me humming along) and your clear warm vocals.
The song has an interesting build to that el. guitar break and the final rousing spirit of the chorus.
Well done!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

I agree. This is fantastic and is a perfect example of the fact that you don't need to understand the lyrics to enjoy a song. Music is the universal language.

Your vocal is just perfect. A very interesting chord progression in spots. I also liked your harmonies. Good job on that.

I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Mario said what I was thinking, but said much better I probably could have. I very much enjkyed my listen ... really nice song and recording! Take care and be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Molsenhouse,

Living with that virus has some challenges and one is you have to eat your soup alone when your friend lives somewhere else.
But it certainly made you very creative with this song! Very well done! It makes living with that virus not so bad after all.
The chorus is very lovely done. I only have one question about it: how did your friend did the singing while you couldn't share food (a silly joke). And your choice of instruments is very nice!

Expect to hear more from you here,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice Scandinavian schlager with a modern arrangement. Very good singing. I like the development starting gently and progressing to that great sounding guitar solo. Catchy chorus, still longing is strongly present all time.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Very effective vocal delivery that sets the mood of the song without needing the English translation.

Your lyrics touch the heart.

User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Thanks for listening and your kind words, LOREN!

The RealTracks in Biab are filled with details – try to work (render) them out to fit the song. Kind of having a silent dialogue with very skilled musicians ;-)

And YES, I had to do all the vocals myself this time.

Take care!

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'molsenhouse'...

I think Share My Soup With You is an exceedingly well-constructed song, musically speaking, which made it a very immersive listening experience.

The way you brought instruments into the foreground, and then pulled them into the background to highlight the warm, memorable melody, the well-placed and pleasantly surprising 'shots' that occured after the intro and at about 3:34, the driving tremolo of the electric guitar solo that appeared at 3:00, and more, reminded me strongly of the way the conductor of an orchestra guides his/her instrumentalists over the landscape of a composition. Personally, it was the musical equivalent of 'sight-seeing', with new things to hear at each 'bend' in the musical road.

Was that you singing? If so, your voice was as clear as it could be, and was quietly expressive of the sentiments in your lyrics. Also, your harmonizing vocal tracks were quite soothing to listen to.

I feel as though I should have purchased a ticket to listen this song, 'molsonhouse' laugh !!!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a.'bluage')

MacUser!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,518
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193