Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: KeithS
I just had a thought today. If I die from this virus, my wife is going to sell my Guitar Collection for what I told her I paid for them. shocked

Have her contact me please..... grin

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We are a bit weary of posts that are overly didactic and filled with imperative sentences.

You're not alone...

No, you are not alone.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
We are a bit weary of posts that are overly didactic and filled with imperative sentences.

You're not alone...

No, you are not alone.

So agreed.

I am hoping my comments yesterday did not cross those lines. I've seen so much of it I felt I should say something. That could be taken as me doing the same. Let me straight out say, if my opinion is different than anyone else's I do not think I'm superior. We are all human. I don't understand how some people come to the conclusions they do. No amount of "facts" they present will entirely do that. That means things like this bring out the best and worst of us. I try to focus on the person. I very much believe we are all equals. Although we have strengths and weakness unique to us; I believe we are meant to fill in the gaps for each other.

I've said my peace. Now I'm grabbing popcorn and sitting back. Stay safe all!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Noel-my children had to start online schooling last Tuesday. There were a few small hiccups in adjusting, but overall it has gone very well. My kids enjoy it; but do miss their friends.

In full disclosure, my children are MUCH better students than I was. They feel like they have slept in when they start their school (self paced) at 9:30am. Most days they are done around lunch, aside from waiting back for answers/feedback on what they have done.

The teachers are to be truly commended for their efforts. I can't even begin to imagine the adjustments on their side. You are one the people I would believe would adapt very well. The other side of the equation would be the willingness of the students. Of course, many will do fine. But there are the less motivated, or some that have issues at home that would make it difficult. School will be taught; with lessons coming from it far beyond the required lessons.

I truly wish you the best of luck!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just informed - my doctor has discontinued routine monthly lab tests to minimize my exposure to virii. Phlebotomists are the ideal host/carrier as they make their rounds from the hospital to nursing homes.

You might ask your doctor if he/she will postpone routine labs.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

We appreciate your calm, studied data-based approach. We are a bit weary of posts that are overly didactic and filled with imperative sentences.

Thank you,

J&B

Good morning, J&B.

After reading the above this morning, I went and had another look at those picture of your property that you sent a while back. Wow! I cannot imagine a better setting to self-isolate. Your wild azaleas must be coming into bloom around now.

Sitting here at my computer, when I look out the window, I can see my back fence about 15 yards away and two side fences. It looks like these are destined to be my new best friends for the immediate future smile

COVID-19 is worrisome. The good thing, though, is that there is a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the world that is now accessible to all of us via the internet and global media. This makes things a whole heap less frightening.

Australians experienced the value of having ready access to information in our recent bushfires. The fires were the worst that we'd ever seen but the loss of life was the kept well below what had become the norm for such events. People even survived in their homes with fires raging all around them because they had a plan that was based on expertise. Here is one brave young woman who captured some of her journey through the fire on video.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=six3BQ9jSdI

This was pretty amazing to me because I'd never heard of this kind of bravery happening before to such an extent as we saw in these fires. It made me realise that what might seem "impossible" today truly can become "I'm possible" tomorrow.

I cannot imagine what the Spanish Flu epidemic back in the early 1900s must have been like when all anyone could see and know about was their own back yard.

It greatly reassures me that when I want to find out the latest way to deal with COVID-19, all I need do is consult Google and read what experts around the world are saying. Their strategies increase my chances of getting through today. Then, when the worst passes, I'll worry about what comes next.

I hope that all is well for you both and that you stay safe.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Noel-my children had to start online schooling last Tuesday. There were a few small hiccups in adjusting, but overall it has gone very well. My kids enjoy it; but do miss their friends.

I truly wish you the best of luck!

Thanks, Caaron.

Face-to-face contact is definitely important for emotional growth. Some subjects thrive on discussion and the bouncing around of ideas from student to student. While this is possible online, it's a little harder to manage.

I teach years 11 and 12 and, because of this, I have it a bit easier than many teachers. So far, it's been an adventure for my classes and me and everyone has approached online lessons with good, positive frames of mind.

It will be interesting to see where we go with this as the future unfolds.

I wish you and your family the very best in these times of uncertainty.

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Just informed - my doctor has discontinued routine monthly lab tests to minimize my exposure to virii. Phlebotomists are the ideal host/carrier as they make their rounds from the hospital to nursing homes.

You might ask your doctor if he/she will postpone routine labs.

Hi Don,

That's a really good thought about postponing regular testing. I haven't read that before. Thanks for passing it on.

My next door neighbour is in her mid-90s and lives by herself in her own home. I'll pass this thought on to her.

I hope that things are going well for you and that you and your family are travelling through this in the best way possible.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Australia's unemployment is at record levels because of corona virus. Centrelink is the government agency that handles all those who are unemployed. The queues at these agencies are enormous.

This morning I read a really heart-warming story in the paper and I thought I would share it. Sometimes it seems like there are just not enough good news stories at the moment. I hope this article inspires. As I read it, I tried to imagine how the people at the receiving end of this good deed must have felt.

Originally Posted By: The Age
In these bleak times, it's nice to be reminded of just how extraordinary people can be.

Take lawyer and businessman John* (who did not want to use his real name), who rolled up to the Box Hill Centrelink this week and started handing out $100 notes, or as he calls them, "lettuce leaves".

"I came here as a six-year-old from a village in Greece and this country has been good to me," he said.

"I was watching the queues at Centrelink – all those people lining up just so they could buy food for their families – and it made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't take it anymore."

John went to his bank and withdrew the maximum amount of $10,000.

"I started at the back of the line so I didn't miss anyone," he said. "I still had money left over so I went in the building and made sure everyone inside got some too.

"That day they just needed instant relief. These are just innocent people who, through no fault of their own, can't put food on the table.

"There is a lot of wealth in this country and we can ship some of that off so people can get back on their feet, that's all there is to it.

"If everyone who is a little better off can take out what they can and hand out some lettuce leaves, do you know how much better we will be?"

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Talking about doctors.

I have an annual physical at my docs - cancelled

Just as well, I'm not keen on sitting around in waiting rooms trying to stay 6 feet away, nor do I feel comfortable going to a place where sick people need to go.

I have a routine teeth cleaning appointment at my dentist - cancelled

Same for the waiting room and sitting in a chair with my mouth open while someone who may have touched a COVID person without knowing it hovering over me.

We're learning how to disinfect things with dilute Clorox so we can grocery shop safely.

Since all our gigs until October have been cancelled, we are in economic isolation.

Fortunately 24/7/365 is not enough time for Leilani and me to spent together. It's actually fun to be together all day and night with no other commitments. We're working on style and fake "disks" for Band-in-a-Box.

It's warm out mid 80s in the day and upper 60s at night, the windows are open, the sea breeze is drifting through, the birds chirp all day long, and life is pretty good this way.

It's like we are musicians on a 7 month break.

But we do miss gigging. It's a very fun thing for us to do.

This too will eventually pass.

Stay healthy every one.

Notes

PS, if I crossed over the line airing my frustration, please accept my humble apologies. March is supposed to be our big money month and April tied with February in second place.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No issues with that here Notes.

Our dogs' annual appointments for shots/exams were canceled too.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Just two words for the TP poor.

Bum Guns.

Once you've used them (or at least once you've mastered using them) you'll never look back.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No problem Notes. I feel your frustration.

Our doctor visits have been cancelled.
Our vet and dog grooming appointments have been cancelled.
Our routine dentist appointments have been cancelled.
My dental implant appointment has been cancelled. So here I sit with a gab in my teeth, a very noticeable gab as it is in the front. Think Alfred E. Newman with the gab in a lower tooth.

But things could be a lot worse.

I hope everyone on these forums are safe and healthy.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
So here I sit with a gap in my teeth, a very noticeable gap as it is in the front.

Send me a pic of that!! I'll use it in my next video. laugh

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I totally understand economics is not well understood among a group of musicians. Notes made a point that he doesn't care if hedge fund managers go broke. Ok, what would make them go broke? What is their money based on?

The stock market. What is the stock market based on? All the companies we all know and some love. Apple, GM, IBM, Chevron, Airlines, Tech, Healthcare and on and on. If the wealthy people who own tons of stock go broke it's because the market crashed. Why would the market crash? Because all these companies crashed. What makes them crash? Nobody is buying what they're selling. What do these companies do? They hire people to work for them, millions and millions of people who are then out of work.

So no, you do not want all the hedge fund managers and everybody else in the market to go broke. Very, very bad for all of us.

Here's the breakdown of the top 10% wage earners by income in 2018:

Top 0.1% of Earners $2,757,000 5.2%
Top 1% of Earners $718,766 13.4%
Top 5% of Earners $299,810 28.0%
Top 10% of Earners $118,400 39.1%

Look at the Top 10% number. Is 118K some greedy filthy rich person who rapes and pillages the "little people"? I have a client who's a deputy sheriff, he makes 75K and his wife is a nurse who makes the same. 150K household income. Where is their retirement money? In the stock market along with millions of others in mostly 401K plans. It crashes, the hedge fund managers go broke what happens to their 401K retirement?

I'm only giving this very basic lesson in economics here because it is the main point I made earlier that we WILL be going back to work relatively soon regardless of what the virus does because we have no choice. Government emergency financial bail outs do work but they're only a temporary bridge to help us get through the emergency then everything gets back to normal. All that is what the government is there for, it's why we "mostly, haha" agree to pay taxes. They take our tax money and then pay it back out for our general welfare. All good and normal in a free society.

But, with no tax money coming in how long can a government keep giving it back to us? If you want to use the Great Depression scenario, they can do it for 10 years but that would mean the majority of the population is barely living at a minimal subsistence level.

That's why we're all back to work sooner rather than later. Could be next month, maybe 3 months, I can't predict that. But stretch it to a year? Dunno, but I doubt it. At some point we will accept the stats and just deal with it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I totally understand economics is not well understood among a group of musicians.

Bob

Goodness gracious Bob. That's the most condescending remark I've ever seen posted on here.

I've been deliberately trying to lay off and let emotions die down a little on this thread but comments like that don't make it easy.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What would you call it then with some of the comments here?

"I Don't care how long it takes, I don't want to die" seems to be a fairly common sentiment. Remember I'm also in the high risk group and I don't want to die either but that doesn't matter to my point.

Anybody who can't understand the reasons why people need to be getting back to work sooner rather than later doesn't understand economics.

Good news is it's looking like this could be moot anyway. Even though the numbers in the hardest hit areas are still going up, the rate of growth is beginning to look linear rather than exponential. Even when someone says that's only due to everybody being home and not working still misses a very big point. When we all get back to work, it will not be like before this virus hit. There will be very strong sanitary measures being taken so no, I don't see the virus starting to rage through the population again.

The other thing I believe is that now that everybody is totally shocked into being so clean and sanitary the rates of infection from all the other things we are at risk from like flu, colds, bacterial and all that will be down a lot. That should offset some of the COVID 19 numbers.

And, these two comments doesn't take into account new therapies being worked on right now that can handle this thing. I'm getting fairly optimistic about this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I'd be interested in seeing those reports that show the spread is now linear. Looking at today's CDC data I am not seeing that.

As for "new therapies being worked on right now" this is something to hope for but nothing exists yet. The malaria drug "solution" has already killed healthy people.

We def need to remain hopeful but the problem with unwarranted optimism is that it encourages unsafe behavior that makes the problem worse.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
NBC Nightly News Broadcast (Full) - March 26th, 2020 | NBC Nightly News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igC9X1k8rUA

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
NBC Nightly News Broadcast (Full) - March 26th, 2020 | NBC Nightly News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igC9X1k8rUA

It is the American Virus now. frown

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195