Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
After our infrequent grocery trips, we wipe all packages with either dilute bleach water or alcohol before bring them in the house.

We also take our clothes off and hang them on the line for over 24 hours (we have privacy in our back yard). In Florida we have sunshine with lots of UV to harm the virus. When they come in, they go straight into the washer.

We even leave the mail outdoors 24 hours before bringing it in.

As far as suing the media is concerned. FOX is not news, it calls itself entertainment in it's business license.
Since it poses at news, and if they intentionally misinformed people about the plague, they should be sued.

BTW, according to politifact, FOX has an 8% full truth rating and MSNBC doesn't do much better with 9%. With Fox 60% ranges from mostly false to 'pants on fire' false. MSNBC is close with 42% ranging from mostly false to 'pants on fire' false.

If you get your news from anything left or right of the 3 middle zones in the chart below, you are getting lied to more than told the truth. Instead of being informed, you are being misinformed. Be careful where you get your "news".

Politifact is a Pulitzer Prize winning, non-profit fact checking website. It shows no favoritism to either side of the aisle.

I'm a middle-of-the-road guy who leans a little right in fiscal issues and a little left in social issues. In the attached chart, I believe nothing to the left of the Atlantic or the right of the Hill.
I don't call the sites to the left or right fake news, I call them either propaganda or fraud news. (BTW, CNN scores the highest in truth ratings).

Now I'm not saying that those in the middle are 100% truthful, but the ones outside are more false than truth.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I prefer The Media Bias Chart as it is updated more frequently and includes more media in its rankings.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/?v=402f03a963ba

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, that is a really great chart JJJ thanks for posting it. The one you posted Notes is pretty good too but I think the other one is better. I never considered CNN to be hyper partisan left, I've felt it skews left but it's ok and the same with FOX. It certainly skews right but like CNN, not hyper. I just noticed something, this comment is based on me reading their online articles and I see when I click on CNN or FOX in the chart, the cable versions skew further than the online portals do. I really don't watch either one on cable I mostly read.

I've always had a measured take on all this. I'm not stupid and neither are any of us here. I can tell what's what and I still get good and useful info from many sources.

A very important point, I'm sure this chart is rating the actual news shows not their commentators like Chris Cuomo or Sean Hannity. Commentators can skew as far as they want but the news people not so much. Everybody is human, everybody has their biases and some control them better than others. I don't hold that against anybody from personal friends to the news. My observations over the years is all these people from far right to far left can still make good points that I want to hear and I'll figure it out myself.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Coronavirus Survey: Nearly 3 In 4 Americans Think President Trump Should Wear Protective Mask"

https://www.studyfinds.org/coronavirus-survey-nearly-3-in-4-americans-think-president-trump-should-wear-protective-mask/

Unofficial poll taken by me of myself says he should wear a muzzle instead. LOL

Easy now, ... it's just a joke. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I still doubt the viability of masks unless it's a real medical one which none of us can get right now. I went shopping yesterday and yes, now 90% of people are wearing something but a good half are simple bandannas from a scarf of napkin. Pure and complete crap, does squat for anybody. Even now when you read or listen to doctors they're split as well. Some don't want to appear reactionary and will go with the flow but to me at least, I can tell they really don't believe it while others simply say, other than actual medical masks or the N95's which again nobody can get right now, forget it. As for Trump, who knows how he conducts himself behind the scenes? He may be very paranoid about this and is extremely careful but for news conferences he wants to appear normal. Well, normal is a relative term haha. I basically support him because of his actual policies but the man himself? Wow, just wow...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I totally agree with you about the concept of misinforming the public like that but if Fox is going to get sued then CNN, MSNBC, etc, would be next. I have seen them and even our local news give misinformation about this virus. I just hope we all don't go sue happy as we have more important things to worry about right now. YMMV

There's a difference between giving misinformation, and knowingly mounting a disinformation campaign.

And there's mounting evidence that Fox media knowingly promoted a false narrative.

For example, Fox downplayed the seriousness of the Coronavirus to viewers, saying that the outbreak was no worse than the common flu.

But at the same time, network executives told its employees that it was instituting telecommuting, reducing studio bookings, canceling the audience of "The Greg Gutfeld Show" and "reducing the staff footprint at our headquarters" in response to the virus.

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/25/murdoch-family-took-serious-precautions-against-coronavirus-as-fox-news-downplayed-risk-to-public/

Fox promoted a narrative that those warning of the Coronavirus danger were "panic pushers", engaged in "mass hysteria", and that it was all an effort to try to bring down the president.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/mar/17/fox-news-coronavirus-outbreak-trump

Since that point, the tone at Fox has changed drastically.

And certainly, not everyone at Fox media accepted that narrative. For example the above article quotes Carlson Tucker:

Carlson, who in the past has demonized immigrants and described white supremacy as a hoax, criticized those making light of coronavirus more than a week ago, describing it as a “major event”.

“People you trust, people you probably voted for, have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem,” Carlson told viewers on 9 March, at the same time other Fox News hosts, and Trump, were doing that very thing.

“It’s just partisan politics, they say: ‘Calm down. In the end, this is just like the flu and people die from that every year. Coronavirus will pass, and when it does, we will feel foolish for worrying about it.’

“That’s their position. But they’re wrong.”

At the end of the day, Fox media's culpability is a matter for the courts to decide.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
jazzmammal #590408 04/07/20 10:43 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
................. My observations over the years is all these people from far right to far left can still make good points that I want to hear and I'll figure it out myself.

Bob

Exactly!

If one gets their "news" from only one source they are not getting the entire picture.

My view is that most involved with any 24 hour news stations are editorializing. They are not true reporters.

I'm a centralist. On some things I am very conservative, others very liberal.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
............. I basically support him because of his actual policies but the man himself? Wow, just wow...

Bob

Ditto!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
An old picking buddy and luthier recently shared this with me;

[img:center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/89055mq24v8w9oe/Trump%20post%20tortoise.jpg?dl=0[/img]

It gave me a good laugh.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Acting Navy secretary resigns over handling of virus-stricken aircraft carrier"

"Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigned on Tuesday following an uproar over a profanity-laced address to the crew of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt on Sunday, Defense Secretary Mark Esper announced."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/07/thomas-modly-coronavirus-speech-resign-navy-172625

Good. He should be ashamed of himself for the things he said about the Captain. Even though he apologized, conduct like that is unforgivable.

The Captain has since tested positive for Covid 19.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, what a mess that was. As an AF guy, you NEVER go outside the chain of command so the Captain was "somewhat" wrong I think but the crew sure didn't think so. This is an extraordinary situation, we've never been here before so yeah, I think that Captain should have been cut some slack, maybe a minor reprimand or something but to be publicly relieved of command and then to be insulted like that? No way. Yes, I'm well aware you NEVER reveal something about your command that tells an enemy your effectiveness could be compromised. But, we're not really at war in the sense of a real possibility of an attack on a supercarrier so just let it go. These are not normal times.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 04/07/20 01:00 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I think the Captain knew he was risking his command but he felt the lives of his men and women were more important than his career.

Who wants to bet that his men and women get everything they need to protect themselves and their ship after this?

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Wow, that is a really great chart JJJ thanks for posting it.

Yes, this is the best resource I have ever found! If you truly seek the truth you can click on their interactive version and see just how biased Fox evening commentators are compared to even MSNBC. Spoiler alert...Fox commentators are consistently more biased!

On the other hand, Fox News has one of the very best news people in Chris Wallace. I watch him regularly even though he skews a little to the right. I find Wallace is generally honest and will critically attack any liars regardless of their political affiliation.

------------------
Below is from the Media Bias Interactive Chart
------------------
Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores being more left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutral and/or balanced.

Fox News-Tucker Carlson Tonight / Bias 31.00 / Quality 9.75
Fox News-Hannity / Bias 33.75 / Quality 14.25
Fox News-The Ingraham Angle / Bias 24.00 / Quality 25.75
Fox News-Justice with Judge Jeanine / Bias 34.50 / Quality 19.50
Fox News-Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace / Bias 5.00 / Quality 46.33

MSNBC-MTP Daily / Bias -16.33 / Quality 39.67
MSNBC-The Beat With Ari Melber / Bias -11.33 / Quality 31.33
MSNBC-The Rachel Maddow Show / Bias -14.33 / Quality 36.67
MSNBC-The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell / Bias -30.00 / Quality 31.67
MSNBC-The 11th Hour with Brian Williams / Bias -19.33 / Quality 41.67

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Wow, that is a really great chart JJJ thanks for posting it.

Yes, this is the best resource I have ever found! If you truly seek the truth you can click on their interactive version and see just how biased Fox evening commentators are compared to even MSNBC. Spoiler alert...Fox commentators are consistently more biased!

On the other hand, Fox News has one of the very best news people in Chris Wallace. I watch him regularly even though he skews a little to the right. I find Wallace is generally honest and will critically attack any liars regardless of their political affiliation.

------------------
Below is from the Media Bias Interactive Chart
------------------
Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores being more left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutral and/or balanced.

Fox News-Tucker Carlson Tonight / Bias 31.00 / Quality 9.75
Fox News-Hannity / Bias 33.75 / Quality 14.25
Fox News-The Ingraham Angle / Bias 24.00 / Quality 25.75
Fox News-Justice with Judge Jeanine / Bias 34.50 / Quality 19.50
Fox News-Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace / Bias 5.00 / Quality 46.33

MSNBC-MTP Daily / Bias -16.33 / Quality 39.67
MSNBC-The Beat With Ari Melber / Bias -11.33 / Quality 31.33
MSNBC-The Rachel Maddow Show / Bias -14.33 / Quality 36.67
MSNBC-The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell / Bias -30.00 / Quality 31.67
MSNBC-The 11th Hour with Brian Williams / Bias -19.33 / Quality 41.67

Two thumbs up for Chris Wallace. He actually tries to present unbiased reporting.

Mike would be proud.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Fox would have a chance of being an actual news network if they were to fire EVERYONE in their daytime and prime time line up and put Neil Cavuto in charge.

He's a very decent and intelligent guy.

Then ask Shep Smith to come back. That would be a good start.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Fox would have a chance of being an actual news network if they were to fire EVERYONE in their daytime and prime time line up and put Neil Cavuto in charge.

Agreed.

The three I don't like at all are Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham.

Mark Levin is also very good. Biased yes but he does know the constitution extremely well.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

Yeah but then they'd have to compete on equal footing with actual news networks. They will never do that because they found their market and it makes them a lot of money while dumbing down an awful lot of Americans.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Shep's non-compete is ending in a few months so I imagine he'll be snapped up by CNN or MSNBC. You couldn't pay me to watch Trump Tv aka Fox News channel. Especially at night when all they do is scream and lie. Who knew the secret to ratings success was lying and screaming at the audience while just making it up as you go along - we could've all been Rush....sarcasm intended. I get more news off Saturday Night live. My opinion only - I realize there are those who like being lied to, screamed at and brainwashed with alternative facts. I don't care for it. smile

So I've been working on sewing masks. We'll use the term sewing loosely as I'm going to admit that I cannot sew a perfectly straight seam. Fair to middlin' at best. Harder than I remembered. This may explain why the sewing machine has spent most of it's life in the closet. grin The good news is I have managed to cobble together two masks each for my husband and myself for a total of four using a an old 100% cotton tightly woven shirt and a t-shirt for lining both dug out of the closest.

Josie

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Keith S,

I found one new 3M Cool Flow N95 Pro 8511 respirator in my tool box. I tried to give it to my son but he wouldn't take it. So we agreed that whoever takes it should be the only one who goes out to the store.

My question is, how reusable is it? I know we can't share.

Your thoughts please. I started to send this to you in a message but I thought your answer might be helpful to others.

Bob, I apologize for the tardy response but I overlooked this post somehow.

The best answer I can give you is that under normal circumstances, and for their intended use they were not reusable at all. Under emergency situations I am afraid that your guess is as good as mine. Most people are of the opinion that anything is at least a little better than nothing.

We received a shipment of 8;800 masks in Montgomery last week from the FEMA stockpile that indicates how dicey this mask situation is and how disingenuous some of the finger pointing is surrounding the earlier depletion of the stockpile during the N1H1 crisis. The entire shipment of masks was dry rotted. Every mask that 3M manufactures has a shelf life of 5 years. Every mask in the shipment had expiration dates that occurred back in the Bush Administration. If every mask taken out of the stockpile in 2009 had been replaced, those would be expired now as well.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Keith,

Mine is dated 10/2022 and its in good shape. Thanks for getting back to me.

I used it for the first time today.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 04/08/20 06:10 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195