Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Come on folks, in the U.S.A. "Democratic" Republic, it's OK to criticize the government for botching things up, after all they are supposed to protect us from this.

Firing the entire NSC's Expert Pandemic team before the storm to give the rich a bigger tax cut was just stupid, just as calling it a hoax and blaming it on others was.

If it was OK to criticize Obama for the stupid things he did, so it should be OK to criticize the present administration; as long as the criticisms are appropriate to the thread, fair, and not just cheap shots and name calling.

We all make stupid mistakes, and if we go on ignoring the mistakes of others, we will have no idea how to correct them. You won't learn from your mistakes by refusing to acknowledge them.

Hard times are ahead, it will get worse before it gets better. By noting what is being done wrong and what is being done right, perhaps we can learn something for the next time. And there will be a next time.

Musicians, bartenders, wait staff, housekeepers, porters, DJs, Karaoke hosts, taxi/uber drivers, fishing boat captains/crew, museum workers, dancers, actors, theme park employees, souvenir shops, tourist attraction owners/employees, restaurant owners, bar owners, and a lot of other people will be without income for a long time to come. And here in Tourist Friendly South Florida there are a lot of people with no income now. They have a right to be angry at the guy who cut health services.

Remember Harry Truman's line, "The buck stops here." The captain of the ship is always responsible.

I'm of the age and gender that is most vulnerable to losing my life, I've already lost most of my income, so I too have a right.

I've been very careful to keep this apolitical, and I think the criticisms so far have been fair.

They are duly noted, no sense repeating them again and again. If they are brought up, take them with a grain of salt.

There will be more mistakes made before this is over, let's learn from them. And let's do this together.

Peace,
Bob

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, in a couple of weeks the big Mai Mai start showing up about forty miles offshore from my house in the Keys. So not to much more of staying at home.

The good new is fuel for the boat has dropped by $1.50 A GAL. Only around $500 to fill the tank.

No Corona virus in the middle of the ocean. No toilet paper required, plenty of salt water to wash your butt and cool off in!!

Eva took a peak at the supermarket today and come home empty. She said we got more stuff than they do!!

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm set! laugh

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Charmin.png (118.09 KB, 332 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I went to Walmart yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks and was only able to get less than half of what was on my list. Most of the employees were either trying to restock the shelves or were cleaning and disinfecting the shelves.

One of the items on my list was 2 lbs. of butter. When I got to the shelf, they only had 2 lbs. of butter in the whole section. Rather than getting both of them, I only took one.

A few minutes later a little old lady who was previously behind me passed by and I saw the other pound of butter in her shopping cart. A simple thing like that made me feel good about not being selfish and taking both.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

I followed that old lady home and watched her go into her basement, unlock a 300' cubic walkin freezer and stack that 1lb of butter on the 150lbs she purchased within the last two days.

Just kidding of course . . . Have a great day!

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
After spending the morning scanning the news articles about the various stimulus packages being proposed and the response steps being taken in relation to Covid 19, it made me think of an old quote:

Winston Churchill — ‘You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.’

LOL

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Chloroquine, an old malaria drug, may help treat novel coronavirus, doctors say

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chloroquine-old-malaria-drug-may-help-treat-novel-022210702.html

From ABC News

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
A known way to kill bacteria, germs, fungus, mold and virus's (including Covid 19) is UV light.

A CPAP Sanitizer is a source for UV light that can be used to disinfect small household items—such as toothbrush, hearing aid, dentures or glasses, cell phones, cordless phones,computer mouse, Iphone, Ipod or any household item that will fit into the cleaning chamber.

They are somewhat expensive but readily available.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/23/20 04:22 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
OMG (in general)

Would the moderators please pull this thread - it is not music related (never really was) and it's now mainly political so.....

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 03/20/20 12:40 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
OMG (in general)

Would the moderators please pull this thread - it is not music related (never really was) and it's now mainly political so.....Larry

Think you will find it is in the OFF TOPIC category.

I'm not very active on the forum for a while now due to commitments, although I do pop on for this and other topics.

It keeps it real to hear from others from all over the globe who we know and trust ,instead of the media who we ….well I will rest my case There !.

Keep the posts coming.

Last edited by beatmaster; 03/20/20 12:51 PM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
OMG (in general)

Would the moderators please pull this thread - it is not music related (never really was) and it's now mainly political so.....

Larry

Reading this thread is not mandatory! smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Also, even even though I was sorely tempted to shoot down with devastating wit and panache certain political comments I decided not to so as not to make them look bad. Hahaha, yeah right.

I think this thread is very useful and it could help others so keep it up.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To lighten up this topic....
Apparently, if the Olympic Games go ahead, they're going to introduce a new sport.

The Great Toilet Paper Race …… and apparently the Aussies are tipped to get the Gold.

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Has the toilet paper been lab tested?

Do you remember this ad Keith?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hee hee, yes I do Noel. And also the ad with the little kid from Hey Dad....... "Hurry Up !!!!"

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
priceless

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
To the youth of today
I stare out through the window, as isolation begins to bite .
It’s not a normal Friday as the virus has gave me fright .
There’s no one down the bingo or at the pub tonight
A group of youths have gathered they don’t seem to care at all .
They are waiting on a cargo so they can have a ball.
I remember those nights well and the mess that I,d get in .
As I sat up in the park swigging from my tin .
Could not wait for Friday to get my little thrill, but there was not a COVID virus waiting for the KILL
Sometimes a team with bricks and cans and maybe knives as well
But when you seen them coming you could always run like hell
From this virus you cannot run if you hang about in teams
If any of you catch it , it could kill off all your dreams
So listen to what their saying ,I know your not all a bad crew
Just doing all the things that many teenagers do
Listen to what their saying , keep your distance the noo
There is a killer lurking out there , that none of you can see
It’s waiting for a victim , I am hoping it’s not me
It may feel just like a hangover to any one of you
But if you take it home with you or any of your crew
It could kill your granny and even your mum and dad too
Listen to what I’m saying ,Take heed of what I say and when this is all over you can party another day
Take care everyone

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Perhaps many of you have a million friends to talk to when something comes along that may end your life. Perhaps some of you only feel comfortable to express ideas here. Why would anyone try to prevent what little comfort that could be gained by ending this discussion. These discussions and others like them sometime produce music. Some have no ability to hear it.

The lamppost stands with folded arms
Its iron claws attached
To curbs 'neath holes where babies wail
Though it shadows metal badge
All and all can only fall
With a crashing but meaningless blow
No sound ever comes from the Gates of Eden

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This thread actually is music related when you look at how many thousands of musicians have been put out of a job by the virus.

Notes has told us about how its affected him and many others. Most of the artists I follow are small independent folks who travel constantly in order to make a living. They've all posted that shows and festivals are cancelled indefinitely.

It's too bad that we didn't know about this oncoming pandemic back in January so there could have been a coordinated response by the government and health officials.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-intelligence-warned-trump-of-pandemic-in-january-2020-3

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I think it is important to be able to discuss our feelings even though the topic is somewhat controversial at times. In my opinion this virus has the ability to bring a whole lot of people together (by this I mean caring for each other whilst maintaining a social distance).

Here in Australia they had to close beaches because there were so many people gathering on beaches. We as a community need to understand the seriousness of this issue. I suspended some activities I am responsible for in the Village where I live. Some folk thought it over the top now the Government are pushing the same thing.

When it comes to politics. We have been fairly lucky in Oz at least the two sides of politics appear to be on roughly the same page and therefore things are getting done as much as they can. But, our infection rate is increasing at a scary rate.

Anyway that is my opinion. KEEP WELL ALL.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,623
Posts735,190
Members38,520
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61, TonyInManchester
38,519 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185