Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I just got back from Walmart and it was a strange but unsurprising experience.

They had the entrance roped off with caution tape and a line formed with people 6 ft. apart heading into the store. They would only let people enter one at a time. You had to wait one minute so the person could get far enough ahead of you to keep the social distancing.

You were met inside by an employee with gloves on and he would give you a buggy. Each buggy was washed and disinfected after each use. I've got to say that was the cleanest buggy I've ever used at a grocery store.

They still didn't have any hand sanitizer, alcohol, disinfectant wipes or toilet paper. Even the items they did have were rationed. The meat section was about 20% of what it usually is.

Welcome to the new normal. The checkout lady asked how I was and I said "I'm socially distant, but that's nothing new." At least I gave her a little laugh.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a good easy to read short article on NPR about Covid 19. NO POLITICS. Just good info without all of the techno babble.

"5 Key Facts Not Explained In White House COVID-19 Projections"

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/01/824744490/5-key-facts-the-white-house-isnt-saying-about-their-covid-19-projections

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Haha, good one Bob. It's been the same for me too. I left LA 8 days ago and did pretty much the exact same things all you guys are describing. Lots of wipes, sanitizer, paper towels. No mask or gloves though. I haven't needed to go shopping again yet but I will in a few more days, maybe next Monday. I really think with all the precautions everybody is taking plus smaller crowds everywhere the chances of catching anything is really low but I certainly haven't been walking around assuming that. Oh no, I'm as paranoid as all of us here. None of us want to get this until there is good medicine available to handle it. If this subsides to no worse than a bad cold or flu, fine I can live with that. I agree with Notes, lung damage or even dying is certainly a concern so we need some good drugs that stops it from getting that far. I'm seeing more and more stories about research that sounds promising but it's not there yet. Once that happens we can start getting back to normal.

As a gigging musician though not full time, I fear the entire summer season is pretty much over. I have a recurring gig at the Catalina Yacht Club every 4th of July but that involves taking a very crowded boat to the island and then there are big cruise ships that anchor a few hundred yards out and hundreds if not thousands take water taxi's into Avalon. That gig has always included 2 or 3 smaller gigs around town and I'll make $600-700 for the week and stay with a friend. Last year I was there 5 days. Somehow I doubt that's going to happen this year.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobflatpicker
The checkout lady asked how I was and I said "I'm socially distant, but that's nothing new."

Thanks for the laugh, Bob! I wish that I could think of witty things like this.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a very interesting article I just found. It's about what I've been discussing with friends the "California Mystery". We get over 1 million visitors from China per year and it's been going for many years. There is still no huge spike in cases.

This is a fairly detailed article quoting many health professionals and the main point I get from it is the notion that COVID 19 was actually spreading starting last fall. He quotes Italian sources about that. This goes to the point that China has been lying to us all along not only about their true numbers of cases but when it actually started. No proof yet but very interesting none the less.

The California Herd

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I’m listening to today’s installment of the White House COVID 19 press conference and the Treasury Secretary said that the SBA loans will be loans that turn into grants. He specifically pointed out that the loans were also available to businesses that are sole proprietorships. I assume that includes musicians.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
FEMA ordered 100,000 body bags today.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
For those using Zoom
They said today, that they (Zoom) had fixed the Windows security vulnerability that was the biggest concern.
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/unpatched-zoom-bug-lets-attackers-steal-windows-credentials-with-no-warning/

Getting Zoom Bombed may not be totally eliminated, but at least they are going to focus on security for a bit longer, according to the article.
That hole in the article was pretty major, but hopefully the report is true.

Having your meeting disrupted (even if it's embarrassing) is much less of a problem than a compromised computer.
If you have used Zoom in the last few days, may want to run a scan just to be sure you're clean.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It looks like the CDC is reconsidering the advice to not wear masks in public:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52126183

The goal isn't to prevent the wearer from getting COVID-19. Rather, the goal is to help reduce transmission from asymptomatic carriers. Someone infected with the Coronavirus may not present symptoms for up to 14 days. During that time, they could be unknowingly infecting other people.

But there are a number of reasons for suggesting not wearing masks in public:

• Prevent hoarding medical-grade masks needed by health professionals;
  • Not much medical evidence to show that it's effective;
  • May cause people to feel safe so they don't take other actions, like cleaning hands

But given how widespread the disease is, even methods that may have relatively small levels of effectiveness are worth reconsidering.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
My son lives in Sweden where they are taking a more reserved approach to the virus. People are still working and going out to gatherings of less than 50 people. They are not having large increases in the virus. Actually my son did get it and had a fever, fatigue and body aches. No lung issues, didn't go to the hospital or need a ventilator. I do understand that the elderly or people with underlying health issues might need hospitalization as with any bad flu.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Keith,

I stumbled upon a site that showed thousands of fiberglass caskets and that was months ago. Does someone know something they're not telling?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

....Yesterday I left my house for the first time in over a week. We went grocery shopping for perishables. It's like living in a Sci-Fi movie. The enemy is invisible and could be anywhere (cue theremin music).

People wearing masks, keeping their distance, wearing mostly blue or purple gloves, spraying shopping carts, looking at each other with suspicious eyes.....

Insights and incites by Notes

So true and the way you tell it is so descriptive. I heard somewhere that hospital workers are calling the virus "the beast".

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Josie,

Not too much information at all.

Your nurse practitioner sounds like they were just making unnecessary work for themselves. If it makes you feel any better, I'm like you. When I go out where people are, which is rare, I sanitise my hands every opportunity, keep the 6 feet or so distance between people and am very mindful of everything I touch.

When I get home, it's wash and change, also. I'm aiming to hang around on Earth a while yet so I'm doing all I can to keep covid-19 at bay.

I saw a woman yesterday who was wearing rubber gloves. I haven't gone that far yet because I don't have any open wounds on my hand. Fortunately the virus doesn't penetrate skin. If I had a cut on my hand, though, I'd definitely get out the latex gloves!

Where safety is concerned, it's much better to err on the side of caution, I think.

It's great to see you in the forums, again! It's not the same when you're not here.

Noel

It's great to see you in the forums, again! It's not the same when you're not here.

[Quote ]It's great to see you in the forums, again! It's not the same when you're not here.

You are dearly loved 'round these here parts, Josie. We need your logical mind during this unprecedented crisis.
[/quote]

Virtual hugs to you Don. I don't know how logical but I'm hooked on dark chocolate m&m's. It seems the crisis has brought out an intense need for chocolate. Stay safe.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
My son lives in Sweden where they are taking a more reserved approach to the virus. People are still working and going out to gatherings of less than 50 people. They are not having large increases in the virus. Actually my son did get it and had a fever, fatigue and body aches. No lung issues, didn't go to the hospital or need a ventilator. I do understand that the elderly or people with underlying health issues might need hospitalization as with any bad flu.

Lucky he was able to get tested and you are blessed he got through it with no serious complications. That must be a great relief to you. Maybe his antibodies can help us all someday with a vaccine.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This series of videos seems most appropriate in these times of coronavirus, 2019-nCoV.

On May 8 in 2007, 90-something year old cook and great grandmother, Clara, created a Youtube channel dedicated to teaching people recipes and meals from the Great Depression.

Learn how to make simple, yet delicious dishes while listening to stories from the Great Depression.

Clara passed away on Nov 29 in 2013 at 98 years old. Her legacy remains on Youtube.

Here's the link to all her videos...
https://www.youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking

The internet really is quite an amazing place!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I lost 2 friends yesterday to the virus. Know 6 more that are sick.

Your mileage will vary with this virus. Don't underestimate it.

...Deb

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dear Deb,

I offer my sincere condolences. I was saddened to read this. I sincerely hope that your two late friends are now resting peacefully and that your sick friends pull through.

My heartfelt sympathy,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This is marvelous, Noel. I've watched Clara before and unfortunately forgotten about the skills she brought to more modern day living.

Wonderful people like her can give us great encouragement. There have been tough times before, and lessons in humility and resilience like she has delivered can help us all.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The big story here (Ontario) is an outbreak in a nursing home just a little north of us.

It's a 65 bed facility, so far 17 have died due to the virus.

My mother, aged 93, is also in a home but so far it has remained virus free.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dave,

I hope the best for your mother and also for you.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200