Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
WATCH THIS. Please.

It is informative. It is useful, straight talk.

It is a whole bunch more worthwhile than the hours you will spend in that other thread going around and around in circles.

This also might make you feel better.

Video from a Pulmonary Doctor at Cornell Medical Ctr in NY

https://vimeo.com/399733860

Last edited by floyd jane; 03/27/20 05:47 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
WATCH THIS. Please.

It is a whole bunch more worthwhile than the hours you will spend in that other thread going around and around in circles.

Ain't that the truth! Thanks, my wife and I will watch it this afternoon. smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
WATCH THIS. Please.

Thanks for this, floyd. I've bookmarked it to have a watch a little later today.

This also might make you feel better.

I sincerely appreciate this thought. Having our outlooks lifted are what we all need right now -- well unless one thrives on pessimism and/or statistics.

I've purposely been looking around Youtube to find video clips that show just how resilient and how individual people can be. There are some incredible stories out there. These really help me rise above the cacophony of doom and gloom that swamps the media right now.

The one thing that I never want to lose sight of is that while groups of people can be thought of statistically, it's really an insult to every individual to think of him or her as a statistic. As I see it, thinking of an individual as a statistic also belittles the thinker.

Once again, thank you.

I hope that you are yours are travelling well.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is a summary, but obviously watching the video is better, since a summary isn't complete.

Summary: Transmission is from sustained contact with person with disease. For example, shaking hands with someone at party, and then touching your face afterwards.

Transmission is almost exclusively from droplets from an infected individual's mouth that's picked up by someone's hand, which is then touched to their face.

Exposure via airborne droplets can happen if you're too close to someone who's got the virus.

You can follow four precautions prevent yourself from catching COVID-19:

1. Always know where your hands are, and have Purell to clean them when you're outside your house. Avoid touching things outside your house with your hands. But when you do have to touch something, clean your hands as soon as possible afterwards. Just a drop of Purell will do, as the virus can easily be destroyed.

2. Don't touch your face. The simplest way to do this is to wear a face mask when you're in public. It's not protecting you from airborne droplets, it's protecting you from touching your face when your hands aren't clean. If you want to practice, wear it while you're at home.

3. The purpose of wearing a mask is to keep yourself from touching your face. You don't need a medical mask. Any mask will do. It's about preventing you from touching your face.

4. Distance yourself from 3 to 6 feet away people.

These are simple rules, but you need to follow them and not become lax. This is the "new normal" for the next 3 to 9 months.

For the vast majority of cases, the primary transmission path is via a family member.

How do you deal with a person in the household with a fever or COVID-19?

Follow the rules. Isolate that person from everyone else. If possible, that person should be in a separate room, and a separate bathroom. If the sick person needs to interact with people, they should wash their hands, and put on a mask (to prevent transmission). Anything that's been touched should be washed.

You can have someone in the house with COVID-19 and be safe - unless there are family members who are incredibly vulnerable. In that case, they need to be completely isolated from that individual.

There's only one symptom you need in order to determine if you need to go to the hospital: feeling short of breath. If you've only got a fever, stay home.

Of those who get COVID-19, 10% need to go to the hospital because of a lung infection. Of those, 1 to 3% need to get put on ventilators. The overwhelming number of people on ventilators get off after 7 days.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
David, thank you so much for the summary and Floyd for posting.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
FJ,Thank you for posting this video!
David, Thank you for the written summary!

I do not usually share similar things, but this one I sent out to most of my friends. Maybe it is not 100% corrects, but it is balanced and sincere.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is interesting.

Kati Morton presents thoughts and strategies on dealing with anxiety that arises from corona virus. I suspect that some in the 'other' thread that floyd mentions might find value in this video.

I learnt a bit about how I'm wired by watching this. I found it a valuable use of 8 minutes of my time.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMOhYAubXG0

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
His passion was obviously heartfelt and no doubt he is a good caring man. His emphasis on hand washing in such varied circumstances was driven home really well and hopefully will influence folks, including their family and friends, to their betterment.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very straight forward.

There is only one way to get Covid-19. I must inter through and opening directly into your body. Commonly through your mouth, your nose, your eyes. The most common method moving the virus from your hands to your face.

The offend expressed idea that a mask will not work is nonsense. If someone coughs or sneezes near you a mask will most like stop the liquid from interning your mouth, and nose it it is covered.The better the mask the better the results. It will not protect your eyes. That is what the face shield is for.

The most important take away is you do not have to get Covid-19 must less die from it. Take the proper action and you won't get this virus.

There are several industries which will suffer harshly from this situation. Now would be a good time to start looking for options for new employment.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Take the proper actions and minimize your chances of getting it.

I find it impossible to completely isolate. Sooner or later I'll have to get groceries. The newspaper comes twice a week (I let it sit over 24 hours before reading). I do the same with the mail (although the junk mail goes straight to the bin).

I bring a bottle of diluted bleach to the store to sanitize before it gets into my car. I of course wash my hands after touching anything and before touching my face (this takes concentration).

I wear baggy clothes when going out, take them off before entering the house, and hang them on the clothesline.

I never wear shoes into the house, they sit by the door.

Since I'm economically isolated (out of work) staying in my house and half acre yard is not difficult.

Since Leilani and I get along famously, 24/7 is not a problem, in fact it's a joyful treat (42 years of wedded bliss and counting).

I keep the windows open because in the 1918 flu epidemic, the people who had the best outcome were either the patients in tents outdoors (because the hospitals were full) and the patients in rooms with cross ventilation.

Dry air inhibits the cilia in your respiratory mucus membranes from ejecting the virus and keeps any broken cilia from healing.

Also I eat a ketogenic diet. When people are in ketosis, the Gamma T cells in your mucus membranes are active, when your body runs on sugar instead of ketones, the Gamma T cells are not active.

I don't plan on getting this virus. Of course I can't be 100% sure but I can minimize the odds to near zero.

To all my BiaB Buddies, wherever you are, be careful and stay safe and healthy.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
They are doing a pretty good job here at keeping the stores reasonably safe. They are limiting the amount of people that can enter at a time, and on the outside they have lines marked on the ground, some stores using shopping carts, so people waiting outside to get in know how close they can stand to the next person.

There is a person wiping down the handle of the shopping cart before you can take it.

At the cash register some stores have setup barriers so you can't get too close to the cashier. Other stores have put up plexiglass barriers between the cashier and the customer.

Using cash is discouraged, and some stores won't accept cash.

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 03/29/20 04:12 AM. Reason: added "reasonably" to safe
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
The below list was just published in one of our newspapers. It's useful reading.

I'd suggest retracting this list. This has all the earmarks of a list cobbled together from different sources and attributed to a reputable source that it didn't actually originate from.

• LISTERINE can work because it is 65% alcohol.

This is incorrect, and potentially dangerous to anyone who relies on it.

Only some Listerine mouthwash formulations contain alcohol, and if present is only around 20% alcohol. Listerine mouthwash is not intended to be used, nor would it be beneficial as a hand sanitizer or surface disinfectant.

https://www.listerine.com/covid-19-update#listerine-mouthwash-brand-has-antiseptic-products-do-these-kill-the-germs-that-cause-covid-19

• HEAT melts fat;  this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything.  In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

This "heat melting fat" doesn't appear in anything I've read, but the "lather" bit is correct.

But for something supposedly written by and for Americans, it's unusual to see terms such as "Celcius" or "washroom", which would be more typical for British or Canadians.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/soap-warm-water-hand-sanitizer-coronavirus-wellness-scn/index.html

• Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

That's how soap works against the virus.

Alcohol unfolds the virus proteins, so the capsid or coat will tend to fall apart.

And yes, I cited Reddit. wink

https://www.businessinsider.com/things-to-know-about-hand-sanitizer-to-protect-against-coronavirus-2020-3#1-why-is-alcohol-the-main-ingredient-in-most-hand-sanitizers-1

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/euuq9j/how_does_alcohol_kill_viruses/

• The more confined the space, the higher the concentration of the virus can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

I've seen no reputable source offer this information.

• You have to DRY HANDS after washing them because the virus molecules hide in humidity. You must also MOISTURIZE YOUR HANDS to help prevent new viruses from hiding in dry micro-cracks of your skin. The thicker your moisturizer, the better.

I've seen no reputable source suggest moisturizing your hands because of "micro-cracks" in your skin.

• The Chinese found that drinking lots of hot water, gargling with lemon, breaks-up mucous where the virus can lodge.

This is a rehash of a slightly different claim, but there's no support for it in the new form, either.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/coronavirus-fact-check-experts-identify-facts-fictitious-claims-134187

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

Thank you.

I didn't verify the information before posting. That was my mistake. I should have done. I've taken your advice and deleted the post. I definitely do not want to be adding to the ocean of misinformation that's circling around at the moment.

I appreciate your picking this up and letting me know.

I hope that all your family are getting through these extraordinary times OK.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
We're all doing our absolute best in these very tough times, and I suspect everyone of us, professionals and consumers alike, are doing our utmost to negotiate uncharted waters and be helpful to each other as best we can.

Let's all keep trying to support each other. I'm sure we all agree that is the definitive underlying intention from everyone.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
One very important aspect is the mental one. We can’t let this beat us down. Depression can be very dangerous. Use good judgement, keep alert to your environment and look out for the best interest of others. In my business I am a locksmith I have to touch people’s door knobs and handles. Both in homes and businesses. I usually clean them first, then clean them again when I’m done. Once to protect myself, the second time to protect the customer.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I appreciate your picking this up and letting me know.

Hi, Noel.

Thanks! I hope the tone of my post didn't come across as negative, I just wanted to provide enough information.

I'm going to leave it up, in case someone searches for stuff and it pops up. While looking up the information, I ran across a church website that posted the same list, so I sent them an email suggesting they remove it as well. eek

So far, my household of six is doing well, thanks for asking! I hope you're also doing well. laugh

-- David Cuny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Helpful stuff on here guys. Thank you!

Around here all grocery stores are having supply problems so it's getting weird. We've got to go to the grocery tomorrow and I'm hoping after getting up before dawn to get there during the "senior time" the shelves won't be empty. The last time I went there was zero paper products, zero bread, zero milk, zero frozen food, zero cereal but that was around lunch time so I hope tomorrow there's something.

In my parish in southwest Louisiana we've had one death so far and as of yesterday have 42 active cases. If I had a motorcycle helmet with the plastic visor, I'd wear one of those. Uncomfortable to walk around in but at least No inadvertent touching your mouth, nose, eyes or face with one on.

I think one of the most amazing things to me anyway, are what the 3D printers can do. I saw where they're being used to make face shields that can actually be used in hospitals. Amazing machines.

UPDATE: We shopped at dawn on senior day and got everything needed and it was relatively uncrowded. What a relief.

Last edited by Sundance; 03/31/20 07:11 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I hope the tone of my post didn't come across as negative, I just wanted to provide enough information.

Hi David,

There was nothing offensive in your tone at all. I was sincerely glad that you discovered my mistake.

Because the list was published in a reputable newspaper, I was lax and did not investigate its accuracy. That oversight of mine could have been potentially dangerous. I'd hate to think that I was responsible for someone's losing their life. I have learnt from the experience.

I'm glad that you're leaving your comments up. There's good information in them.

Thanks again for taking the time to do the research that I should have done.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If anyone is interested or needs ideas on COVID-19 safety, the below link details the practices currently in place in my home state of Victoria (Australia). We are on Stage 3 restrictions.

https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirusresponse

In this morning's news, Australia's number of new cases fell again today and the number of people recovered overtook the number of new infections. Health authorities are cautiously optimistic as a consequence.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
If anyone is interested or needs ideas on COVID-19 safety, the below link details the practices currently in place in my home state of Victoria (Australia). We are on Stage 3 restrictions.

https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirusresponse

In this morning's news, Australia's number of new cases fell again today and the number of people recovered overtook the number of new infections. Health authorities are cautiously optimistic as a consequence.

Noel, I think what is happening is good. The changes to crowd control and they way government are trying to look after folk. But I wander just how much the Ruby Princess has skewed some of the figures. Not only the Ruby Princess but border entries in general. The other thing that some folk don’t get it is the rate of increase in the daily numbers. The daily numbers are still getting up there. Also there are still many people still flouting the restrictions. I also think after a while and not too long a while folks will start to relax even more and think they have this licked but this is week one with at least 25 more weeks to go unless something changes.

My thoughts not backed up by evidence just what I think looking at the figures.

When you look at the figures on Worldometers https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Things are really scary.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,453
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195