Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Being paralyzed, I don't comment as often as I should but I listen to the Showcase nearly every day.

I'm guilty of bumping my tunes when I feel that they have moved off the page too quickly. But I'm only human (or a reasonable facsimile).

Nothing to feel guilty about, Don, your posts are your posts!

I don't see anyone who is a regular user of the forum critising you smile By the way, you come up with some great stuff!!!

I've been really enjoying the song links you've posted recently.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
eddie1261 #587744 03/25/20 11:49 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bump

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Bump

Ha...your sense of humor is well intact. smile
A little (lot of) forum humor is a good thing.

Back to topic.....

eddie1261 #588008 03/26/20 10:43 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Where is Eddie anyways who started this thread, I haven't seen him on in a long long time, or Bob 90DB who used to post regularly, I miss his wit around here, God knows we could do with it?

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
eddie1261 #588010 03/26/20 10:59 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dunno about Eddie but Bob has had some serious health issues. Bob posted some of the finest music on the showcase forum for years.

Bud

eddie1261 #588015 03/26/20 11:13 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I was wondering about Eddie, too. Last I heard he was getting to roam around the country in a motor home. I also miss 90dB. I hope that they are both well.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
eddie1261 #588022 03/26/20 11:25 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie had mentioned because of optical degeneration he would not be keeping the RV and traveling. He had also mentioned that he would be on hiatus. I did send him a message to see how he was doing; but haven't received a response.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Bump

Ha...your sense of humor is well intact. smile
A little (lot of) forum humor is a good thing.

Back to topic.....

Indeed. That's all it was meant to be was jokingly bumping the post.

eddie1261 #588037 03/26/20 12:10 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
My habit?....

If my song leaves the first page, that's it.
I think my recent one had a couple days on page 1 and then it was out of sight.
That's OK with me and I don't think twice about it.

If anyone's song submission actually reflects a favorable consensus then it stays on page 1.
That's the way it works and I accept that....no one owes me a response.
If any do comment I'm grateful.
A song either grabs someone OR it doesn't.
If one's (or my) song leaves page 1 quickly....there's a message in that. smile

When I humbly thank people for listening I'll respond to a several by name within one of my responses rather than individually creating new posts.

But...that's just me.
Stay safe everyone....back to topic.

(I'm hungry, my spousal unit is making a pasta/scampi with sauce combo as we speak.)

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 03/26/20 12:26 PM.
eddie1261 #588239 03/27/20 02:21 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Most of the comments have been concerned with User Showcase posts. Once each year to year and a half I'll search through wishlist request posts I've made. I try to acknowledge the requests that have been met and bump requests that are still relevant.

I'm continually surprised to discover PG Music combined several requests, from me and other users, into one idea or come up with something even better than my original request. At the same time some suggestions are not addressed even after many years of requesting.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
eddie1261 #688160 12/05/21 04:51 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bump

eddie1261 #688189 12/05/21 05:46 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
My "policy" that has developed over time is if people reply I try to give a general "thank you" once a day for the first three or four days, then, after that, I either PM the person or I put my notes on their newest song contribution. I generally do not give individual responses to each post as I feel, for me, that's extending the life the song thread unnecessarily. But, again, that's just me.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bump

Our resident bumper....... Nice HTL.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
jptjptjpt #688211 12/05/21 06:28 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
I generally do not give individual responses to each post as I feel, for me, that's extending the life the song thread unnecessarily. But, again, that's just me.

I know what you mean. It can seem like personal shelf space.

I post music, and I don't want to leave a thoughtful comment unacknowledged, but when I see what can happen in the "latest posts" feed I sometimes cringe, when what's scolling by is oodles of quoted praise followed by short thank you notes from the same musician.

I include myself among those thankers, so this is not to point a finger at anyone in particular! It feels like a dilemma sometimes, to reply or not to reply.

The private message idea is good. It's also always good (said the old school USENET poster) to trim quoted material down to just what is actually being replied to.

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 12/05/21 06:29 AM.
eddie1261 #688243 12/05/21 07:18 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hey, while we're on the subject, here's something about this forum software that drives me a little crazy.

In the screenshot, the words "but again that's just me" are by jptjptjpt and the words "I know what you mean" are by me, but the blurb makes it look like they're by the same person.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
jScreen Shot 2021-12-05 at 12.13.46 PM.jpg (128.26 KB, 245 downloads)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, your browser is not handling it right
Here's what it looks like to the rest of us (if I understood your post)
/sorry I cut off part of your reply in the image, but you can still see how it looks here ..

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
forumQuote.jpg (42.8 KB, 241 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 12/05/21 07:28 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #688253 12/05/21 07:33 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: rharv
Yeah, your browser is not handling it right

Sorry, I should have been clearer what I was referring to.

The posts themselves look fine to me, I'm talking about the "latest posts" feed that shows the tops of all posts across all forums. This:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=activetopics&range=7&type=p

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 12/05/21 07:46 AM.
eddie1261 #688260 12/05/21 07:48 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry, I don't think I ever used that feature, but yeah, it looks different.
Now I get it, after your clarification

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #688262 12/05/21 08:02 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: rharv
Sorry, I don't think I ever used that feature, but yeah, it looks different.
Now I get it, after your clarification

That's what I use as my BIAB home page.

I assumed that was what put a bee in OP's bonnet, way back in the last decade: seeing that feed stuffed to the gills with 34 replies by one guy thanking people for liking his song and quoting each and every word of praise. =8^)

eddie1261 #689785 12/09/21 11:00 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There are some of us who can't be here as often as we'd like to for one valid reason or another. I have a significantly handicapped and chronically ill spouse who needs constant attention - literally. So when I do get here, I reply to folks who have commented on one of my submissions over the past several days - usually in one or two strings of replies. There is no other way I can do it. Anyone who comments, over the past several days in my unavoidable absence, on one of my songs will get a personal reply. It's just a courteous thing to do.

Several hours earlier, I replied to about a dozen folks who had commented on my most recent song. This might be the only instance, for a while, that I can do so due to my needed time away from the boards. And I do look up songs as deep as page three for my favorite contributors and "bump" their songs with a comment/review.

There are so many fabulously talented folks in the Users Showcase. I want to let them know how much I appreciate the hard work they put into creating such a fabulous piece of entertainment. And I do, when the contributor asks, offer my thoughts on the production, writing, tracks, etc.

Thanks to everyone who creates these great songs and shares their talented productions. I enjoy them immensely - regardless what page they're on or how often they recycle to the front page.

It's 3:00am. I have to go give my wife an injection, and a few pills. This goes on (the pills) every four hours every day. The injections are just once a day, except Sundays - she gets three injections then.

Merry Christmas to everyone and here's wishing all of you success with your musical endeavors.

Alan

PS: I'm glad PG Music went back to the old way as a default but gave some options for other folks to view the forum as they please.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,468
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195