Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
TIA to anyone with any ideas.

RealBand 2016. Worked fine. Been editing all day. Same file. Has midi and audio.

Out of nowhere . . . nothing changed. Just working in RB. Only getting sound on left speaker. I did the usual stuff. Fresh boot. YouTube, both speakers work. Speaker settings/audio test, both work.

Get this . . . BIAB, both work fine. Closed BIAB, re-opened RB, no right speaker output.
It's been working fine all day. It's not something I did to a track, etc. I went to one audio track. Panned it far left, OK. Panned it right, nothing.

Learn to play guitar and/or blues harp at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
http://www.thewaynereedconnection.com
Free text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips)
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
OK, this is getting weird -
Someone else had this happen in last few days
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=588115#Post588115

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
OMG, that happened to me just the other day, no sound from Right speaker. After a lot of trouble shooting I looked behind the speaker and saw the input cable was disconnected. If it happened to me it could happen to you.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Yeah, weird. The thing is, it's not the speakers. BIAB works fine, but not RB?!?

I'll try a fresh install, but based on what I've read, it's not going to help.

Learn to play guitar and/or blues harp at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW I tried to escalated this issue best I could.
We'll see if it helps.
Try the Live Chat at top of screen; may be worth a shot .. if nothing else it could start a bug trail.
Chat appears open at the time of this post.

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
FYI: Help desk . . . Online chat . . . nice lady answered, but useless (in a techie way). I got someone who said she's sales, and cannot help but said the forum posts have been forwarded to tech department and they're working on it. Apparently the on line chat is for people with sales issues.

RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
Online Content
PG Music Developer
J
What happens when you check the Mono checkbox in the Mixer? Is the mono output just coming out of the left speaker? When mono is unchecked, what happens when you move the master volume slider up/down in the mixer? Still just left speaker? What happens when you try another type of audio output driver like switching to an MME driver (if you're currently using Windows Audio, or ASIO) ?

Does it happen if, say, your start new .SEQ file project (as a simple test) or does just this only occur with one particular .SEQ file?

Thanks,

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 03/30/20 07:27 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks for the good input, Jeff!!!!

The track I'm working on now, I rendered it to wave. Opened the wav in another program, and BOTH sides were output!!! I heard L&R. Opened that same wav in RB. No right output. So it IS outputting sound on both left and right. I just cannot hear the right while it's open in RB.

Keep in mind, I was working on a file. Stopped to eat. Came back and continued. But no right sound.

Mono checkbox in the Mixer: Tried it checked. Same thing.

Is the mono output just coming out of the left speaker? Yes. The output meter shows both L&R playing. But no right sound.

When mono is unchecked, what happens when you move the master volume slider up/down in the mixer? Same thing. Meter shows both playing, no sound in right.

What happens when you try another type of audio output driver like switching to an MME driver if you're using Windows Audio, or ASIO? I use MME. So tried Asio . . . I get no sound at all. Went back to MME. No right.

Does it happen if you start new project?: Yes. Just made one to see. Made a bass midi track, panned 0, no right.

Or just with one particular .SEQ file? No. I even imported a stereo MP3. Left only. Opened a file I made before. Same thing.

Meters in the tracks window show both L&R playing on tracks panned center. If I pan a midi or audio track left, monitor shows it's playing left. Pan it right, monitor shows it playing on right, but no sound. Same with the output monitor by the Master Volume slider.

Sliding the master volume slider back and forth just makes left quieter or louder, even though it shows both sides being output.

Last edited by Harpmeister; 03/31/20 12:44 AM.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I just tried my other computer that I just use to tweak songs with a set of headphones or speakers and I have stereo.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
J
PG Music Developer
Online Content
PG Music Developer
J
Have you tried erasing realband.ini and RB.cfg?

If that doesn't work, then maybe try a fresh install of RB after renaming your current RealBand folder to something else?

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 03/31/20 01:45 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Just to correct a typo, I think Jeff is suggesting you remove 'Realband.INI' and RB.cfg (his post left the last i off of the ini file extension)
// I hate losing an i!

These two files are located in your Realband folder.
Then restart Realband.

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Jeff, I didn't actually try renaming the files, etc. as suggested yet only because it was suggested in a previous post and the guy said he did that with no results. But I'll give it a try anyway so I can tell him . . . Hey, I tried it too and it didn't work for me either! LOL

Thanks for working this through, Jeff. I was told tech was working on it. Maybe that's you. Or maybe you're on it before they have a chance to get to it. Either way, thanks!

EDITED POST: Just tried it. Did not work.

Last edited by Harpmeister; 03/31/20 12:47 PM. Reason: Updated

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Try the other solution Jeff suggested. (renaming Realband folder, reinstalling etc)
Jeff is not a Tech, he is a developer. Can't go any further up the ladder than that.
<grin>
Need to step through the steps he suggests so he can narrow it down.

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Yup, I know who Jeff is. He didn't suggest a re-install. But I will try it.

Jeff, long story short, I no longer have the install disc, and the drive I saved it to died.

How can I get a copy without buying latest the new version upgrade?

I just need (I would think) the RB installs. BIAB is working fine.

I thought it would be in the main RB folder. I don't see any .exe that looks like an install or setup file.

Last edited by Harpmeister; 03/31/20 02:17 PM.

RealBand
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Harpmeister

Jeff, long story short, I no longer have the install disc, and the drive I saved it to died.

How can I get a copy without buying latest the new version upgrade?

Is it available if you log on to your account at PG Music and select My Account > My Products?
There should be a download link.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
further info; In order to try VideoTrack's suggestion you need to leave the forums and go to
https://www.pgmusic.com/
Then log in to your PGMusic account at top right of the screen. These forums do not offer this type of account access, but the main site stores your purchases & available download history.

For a RB reinstall, you may need to run the whole BiaB reinstall executable file and pay attention to the available options during the install process (might be as simple as paying attention to the check boxes during the install process to reinstall only RB).

I think Jeff did suggest trying a reinstall earlier.
Quote:
..If that doesn't work, then maybe try a fresh install of RB after renaming your current RealBand folder to something else? ..

Last edited by rharv; 03/31/20 03:31 PM.

RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
UPDATE: I just finished doing a complete re-install . . .

Renamed BIAB and RealBand folders in case I need them again. Removed shortcuts.

DLd fresh copy from PG site.

Reboot . . . Install . . . reboot . . .

BIAB and PowerTracks work fine. RB . . . no sound in left speakers ! ! !

Somehow, some way, something in RB flipped a switch. It changes a parameter, or changed some default, or changed what ever it is that tells RB to play through both speakers, and only play through the left.

It seems like what ever that switch was . . . it's located somewhere outside of RB, and not affected by a re-install.

That switch needs to be turned back on. (or off) I use the word "switch" to mean anything a gremlin can control.

If I'm not the only person with the issue, it seems interesting that in the other guy's case, his right speaker is also the one that doesn't play.

RealBand
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Harpmeister
TIA to anyone with any ideas.

RealBand 2016. Worked fine. Been editing all day. Same file. Has midi and audio.

Out of nowhere . . . nothing changed. Just working in RB. Only getting sound on left speaker. I did the usual stuff. Fresh boot. YouTube, both speakers work. Speaker settings/audio test, both work.

Get this . . . BIAB, both work fine. Closed BIAB, re-opened RB, no right speaker output.
It's been working fine all day. It's not something I did to a track, etc. I went to one audio track. Panned it far left, OK. Panned it right, nothing.

I checked a few files on my system and this problem never occurs so I can't test or replicate the issue. But, sometimes when something begins to get out of whack with RB on one of my projects, I have resolved the issue by selecting all tracks and consolidating all of the tracks. I didn't see that mentioned by anyone else and can't say if it will have any affect but it can do no harm to try it. Just a suggestion.

Edit\Track\Consolidate Audio Region...

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
OK so Harpmeister has done a reconf, reinstall and still has this problem. Seems like it might not be RB. But, he never mentions which audio interface he's using. Could this be one of those MS Win issues? I know that after a few recent updates my audio on RB was out of whack. The solution for me was to reinstall my MOTU interface drivers.

Could this be it?

Just trying to help

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
RealBand
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
In RB I'm using the MME, not Asio. I don't use Windows for midi options.

I don't have any synth, etc. connected to the system. And the same files work in BIAB, and PowerTrax. Even though I cannot hear the right track, the monitor in the mixer (and/or next to master volume slider) for output shows left and right being played. The monitors in each track show tracks being being played left and right.

When I open that rendered file in Windows Media Player, it works fine.

If I render my file in RB to wave, it plays fine in BIAB, PT, WMP, etc.

Part of the "strangeness" is that it's been working for 4 years, was working fine one minute, then it stopped working.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195