Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi everyone,

I made a Bluessong shortly after I had posted another song, but I had to; It is based on a true story. The girl in this song asked me if I was able to make a song about her and my son. I couldn't refuse, of course. So here it is. I enjoyed making this song, because of the story, but also because of the way the chorusses worked out and that nice baritonguitar. It's a pity that they can't meet because of the Coronavirus. but I don't sing about that. The song's title is a nod to that famous James Bond movie, but also because of the girl's hometown. I hope you like this song:
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130/from-mexico-with-love

Hans Berkhout

Some information about the style and the instruments I used:
Style: _BTGAMP.STY (Amplitube Bariton Blues Shuffle)

RealTracks: ~1546:Bas, Electric, Country Swing Sw 85
RealTracks: ~673:Organ, B3 Gel 85
RealTracks: 2624:Guitar, Bariton, Blues Shuffle Bas En Licks Sw 085
RealTracks: 3246:Guitar, Electric, Blues Shuffle Sw 100
RealTracks: 3248:Guitar, Electric, Solo Blues Shuffle Sw 100
RealDrums :FunkSwing: a: Snare, Kickb: Snare, Open HiHat

The lyrics:
From Mexico with Love
(c) HWBerkhout, 03/31/20

Verse
Feel I'm in love now, the whole day long
Had an encounter, it was so strong
I was on a beach in Mexico
Then saw you; you were planning to go
Quickly dressed and packed my things
I had to hurry, see what it brings

Chorus
You woman, swinging hips and sexy as can be
Walking right in front of me
It was like lightning that blew me to the ground
This long haired lady I just had found
I had to draw your attention, we must meet!
It's you I need!

Verse
I was dreaming of a steaming relation
That would be a whole sensation
Never had fallen in love just like that
But when I saw you; my heart was beating so bad
Thought about this while rushing your way
I had to hurry, this could be my day!

Chorus

Solo

Chorus
Chorus 2:
You woman, swinging hips and sexy as can be
Walking right in front of me
It was like lightning that blew you to the ground
You saw my big smile when turning around
I had all your attention,  Kind of....
'From Mexico with love'  !!!

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,
Wonderful riffing from the baritone moves this and your raspy vocal tones are right for the song. I like the energy pickup on the chorus with the bgv.
Interesting back story... dad making a songwriter`s "see what it brings" contribution to his son`s romance!

Robert

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Brings the passion of the story to life.
Very good!
Some hot licks.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

Super Cool!

Love the BAND. Nicely arranged and a good mix. A good passionate vocal.

A hot solo. Nice!

Good write, good story. Might be my favorite from you. Well done...

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Hans,
Wonderful riffing from the baritone moves this and your raspy vocal tones are right for the song. I like the energy pickup on the chorus with the bgv.
Interesting back story... dad making a songwriter`s "see what it brings" contribution to his son`s romance!

Robert

Hi Robbert, Thanks for the compliments with those kind words! And yes it was a bit unusual to make songs my son had to do himself. But since he only listens to songs and can't make them I do it for him. She knows it could be he thoughts...
I like to make a Blues once in a while. And if I could include a bariton in it, that makes the day!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Brings the passion of the story to life.
Very good!
Some hot licks.

Hello Captain, I thought about doing a JB imitation, but gave me too much problems to crie that 'Yeahhh' you did so well. But thanks for your comment on the song.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,

Super Cool!
A hot solo. Nice!

fj

Wow Floyd! That felt great to read this could be a favorite of you. And I am not teasing at all (this time)!
Thanks for your very nice words.

Stay save,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This suits your voice really well: the right register, pace & everything.
Cool Bvox too.
Well done.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
My favourite genre. Boy what a cool backtrack. Your vocal is perfect for the song. One of favs of yours. Guitar is very cool

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice vibe to song. I love the Fx on the chorus. It really add depth to it. Good one.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,

Super Cool!

A hot solo. Nice!

fj

Floyd nailed it!! Super catchy chorus! Stay safe Hans! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hans ...

This is my very favorite of your songs that I've heard. This is just so cool!

The backing tracks really move this along. Love the drums in particular. And the bass really drives! The background vocals on the chorus are really sweet! And that's a smoking lead guitar!

You outdid yourself! loved it!!!!!

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the baritone guitar! What a great sound.

This is great, Hans, love everything about it.

Definitely one of your best.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
This suits your voice really well: the right register, pace & everything.
Cool Bvox too.
Well done.

Hi Ray, I think you are right about this kind of songs and my voice. But in my head I want to sing all kinds of songs. i am working on a Dutch song at this moment ( a poem from my mother), although I find Dutch a super difficult language to sing in. I think you must have the same problem if you would try it too ;-)
But thanks for your nice compliments on the song!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
My favourite genre. Boy what a cool backtrack. Your vocal is perfect for the song. One of favs of yours. Guitar is very cool

Hi Scott, I could say the same things I wrote to Ray. I try to sing some more Blues this year, but be prepared for other styles! And I hope you listen to those as well (as you have proven you do). Even if it would be that Dutch song I'm working on :-)
But thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice vibe to song. I love the Fx on the chorus. It really add depth to it. Good one.

Hi Jptjptjpt, please tell me your real name... This sounds like the singing of a bird. Wonderful, but a challenge as a name. I am also very pleased with the result of the vocals in the chorusses. It was a wild guess. And your (and others) words proved it turned out well. Thanks for your judgement!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Floyd nailed it!! Super catchy chorus! Stay safe Hans! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg, yes I am also very happy with Floyd's words and now with your words confirming that. Thanks!

To all of you: Stay safe and thanks a lot,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Very nicely done! Very creative and flows tremendously well. The effects on the hook really breathe life into it. Decently catchy too smile

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a great band for a nicely swinging (hips) blues love song! Everything works perfectly, the solo guitar is hot and the mix has edge. I really enjoyed your voice with backing vocals in the chorus. Maybe I would have added some Mexican musical reference like an accordion or some other Latin element, but of course it works without any, as a pure blues rock song.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great kick @ss blues. I love this one.

Your vocal is super here! Outstanding backing band!

IMHO this is your best to date.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hans

Really good production and a great chorus. The band sounds great, and a very genre authentic vocal.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Hams,

yeah - finally a new Haarlem Shuffle...

Like I already wrote in my e-mail I really like this one a lot. First of all it's a blues tune so I am attracted anyway. But this one is one of the really good ones, so I couldn't help but like and enjoy it a lot.

Great backing track (how come you always are so successful in finding the perfect ones?) - nice lyrics and passionately sung - couldn't ask for more, I guess.

Really, really well-done, Hans,

Gezond blihven, hoor !

Groethes,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Hans ...

This is my very favorite of your songs that I've heard. This is just so cool!
The backing tracks really move this along. Love the drums in particular. And the bass really drives! The background vocals on the chorus are really sweet! And that's a smoking lead guitar!
You outdid yourself! loved it!!!!!
Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

Hello Alan, this is really a very kind reply! And I know you as a very serious man, I take all your words for the real truth. That's why I showed your post to my son (the lover in the song). Now he agree I can make -some- nice songs. I'm happy you helped me achieving this!
And I'm very pleased too you liked the song, so thanks a lot!

Be save, Di and you,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Love the baritone guitar! What a great sound.
This is great, Hans, love everything about it.
Definitely one of your best.

Hi Dave, thanks for this big compliment from one of the kings of Blues! I had a broad smile the whole day through after reading your words.
But you also raised the bar for me now. How can I make a new song that let you say these words again? But I take the challenge!!!

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very nicely done! Very creative and flows tremendously well. The effects on the hook really breathe life into it. Decently catchy too smile

Thanks for sharing!

Hello Deryk, what kind words you wrote. I liked the idea seeing you dancing around your table (you work at home now I presume) on this song! Don't tell me you did not...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
What a great band for a nicely swinging (hips) blues love song! Everything works perfectly, the solo guitar is hot and the mix has edge. I really enjoyed your voice with backing vocals in the chorus. Maybe I would have added some Mexican musical reference like an accordion or some other Latin element, but of course it works without any, as a pure blues rock song.

Janne

Hi Janne, it crossed my mind adding some Mexican sounds in the song, but I was convinced this would have killed this Blues. I had an image in my mind of a sexy walking woman on the sidewalk while my son was following her with longing eyes (not stalking of course). But that was rejected too. So then I thought about the rhythm in that fabulous Black Velvet song to symbolize that image. And there was the song. It also worked out nice to make a chorus like this and it was fun making it. I certainly will add this fx in other songs.

So thank you all for judging the song,
Stay healthy,
Hans

Last edited by Birchwood; 04/07/20 11:23 PM.

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Hey, Hans:

Digging the opening to this, and the thereafter—kinda Doors-like. Great vocal, really hits the right tone and sits nicely in the mix. Very, very cool—very, very slick. Without a doubt, my favorite tune from you—HOT! Well done!

My very best to you,

Deej

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195