Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
WHY can't things be consistent from computer top computer? On my upstairs computer I have BIAB/RB and Sonar both installed. That means that in the course of installing Sonar, the TSS-1 synth got installed. To the exact same place on both computers. The BIAB and RB files are installed. To the exact same place on both computers. J-Bridge is installed. To the same place on both computers.

Upstairs, the TSS-1 loads as a virtual synth.
Downstairs, it dos not.

Why?

I just want to scream and throw these computers out the window when things don't work like they are supposed to. This is SO annoying. I don't have HOURS to sit there and reinstall both programs, which seems to be the corporate party line reply for EVERY problem. That's like fixing a computer problem by buying a new computer.

I am SO annoyed right now. Trying to do some work for somebody and having to run up and down every time I want to do a MIDI tweak because down on the 1st floor where I actually "live" I can't get TSS-1 to load as a virtual instrument. I get that damned "not a valid plugin" message or whatever the language is. What is the secret to get virtual synths to load? I can get individual instruments to load, but not synths other than that WORTHLESS, awful sounding Coyote wave table.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
EDIT UPDATE

I just realized you posted in the REALBAND forum! sorry. Realband IS ONLY 32 - so if you are getting this error message downstairs

"Sorry, Band-in-a-Box Cannot make connections with "Cakewalk TTS-1"

there is a high probability you have the 64-Bit DXi installed there (means you installed 64 BIT Sonar by Cakewalk (or even Cakewalk by Bandlab) downstairs but upstairs you have the 32-bit version of Sonar installed (which means there it really is Sonar by Cakewalk, because Bandlab’s version of Cakewalk is only 64-bit)

EDIT OVER

=========

just to verify some things

are you getting this error message on one machine but not the other

"Sorry, Band-in-a-Box Cannot make connections with "Cakewalk TTS-1"

If so then you (probably) have a difference in BIT versions (32 for TTS-1 or BIAB and 64 bit for the other - even if you think they are the same.

Having said that

1) Eddie you might already know this BUT for others reading this: TTS-1 is DXi not a VSTi this IS a difference with a distinction when trying to isolate issues.

2) Which "bit version" of SONAR (assuming it was actually Sonar by Cakewalk) was LAST installed in each location - was each install the 32-bit version? Each 64-bit? or you don't remember (if unsure Sonar Help - > About splash screen tells you)? Because that "bit version" will be the LAST version of TTS-1 DXi installed in that location (upstairs or down). Note that - either the 32-bit or 64-bit TTS-1, but NOT both, will be installed in that location (upstairs or down) no matter how many times or how many versions of Sonar you installed. Each new install/re-install of Sonar overwrites the previous TTS-1 DXi information - so that's why it is one or the other but not both (see link to old thread below if you WANT both).

3) If it's Cakewalk by Bandlab then it is ONLY 64-BIT TTS-1 DXi and that DXi will ONLY work with 64-BIT BIAB. And since it's a DXi and not a VSTi having JBridge or not having JBridge is moot. JBridge only works with VSTi's - so make sure you are RUNNING ONLY 64-BIAB at both locations if your TTS-1 is from Cakewalk by Bandlab

For the semi-tech inclined if it truly is SONAR by Cakewalk (the "old" Sonar) then you can have both 32-bit and 64-bit TTS-1 "cake" and eat it too but you have to manually switch them back and forth as needed

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967

Maybe something here helps you track down the delta between upstairs and down.

Good Luck
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 04/01/20 05:29 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Wow Larry that was a ton of info great job. I used TTS for years but finally got sick of having to fool with it especially in BiaB or RB. I feel Eddie’s pain.

Power tracks and by extension RB were originally DXi based and VST was worked over the years I never liked how they handled it. Yes it works but not as good to me as other daws

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Larry, Eddie said that he has j-Bridge installed on both computers.

Eddie, are you sure that the TTS-1 is wrapped by j-Bridge in the problem computer?

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I don’t think bridge works with TTS as it is a DXi not a VSTi

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Okay after reading those replies and digesting, I sat for a minute and thought about things. What I missed on my side was that in November the hard drive in this computer took a ..... well, it needed toilet paper. I had to reinstall everything on a new hard drive. In checking the Sonar down here it is Sonar X2 build 306 x64 bit (as you all suggested it might be). Upstairs is Sonar X2 build 306 with NO bit size. All I can imagine happened was that I reinstalled it after the crash and defaulted right through and didn't pay attention, assuming I did the same thing upstairs. So I am currently copying the installation folders from up to down and will remove and reinstall making sure I do 32 bit. I don't even really use Sonar. I just want the plugins! I'll update in an hour with what I suspect will be good results. Thank you all now rather than later.

And a tip of the hat to you all!! I removed the 64 bit, installed the 32 bit, and just used TSS-1! Gracias!!

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/02/20 10:23 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Glad it worked and welcome back sir!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I've done this dozens of times (mainly for testing):

Just reinstall the 32-bit version of Sonar (all you need is the “base” install – don’t need to install/re-install anything else) the install will overwrite and "correct" itself (to the other bit versions of exe’s and .dll’s) as it goes.

Don’t forget this will install he 32-BIT TTS-1 DXi so while it will work with Realband (a 32 bit program) and the 32-bit version of BIAB - it WILL NOT with the 64-BIT version of BIAB so pay attention to which version of BIAB you "call up."

-------------
You can have cake and eat it too (keeping 32-bit and 64-bit TTS-1 DXi “on tap” as it were) but you now have to do something like I explain in the other thread.

There are also other ways – see this thread about DXshell and regsvr32

Good Luck
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie
If you would be so inclined
Go to the full reply window (not quick reply)
Or edit the original post
.. and add 'Resolved' to the thread Topic title/subject
It helps others quickly find a solution when they know the link provides a possible resolution

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Don’t forget this will install he 32-BIT TTS-1 DXi so while it will work with Realband (a 32 bit program) and the 32-bit version of BIAB - it WILL NOT with the 64-BIT version of BIAB so pay attention to which version of BIAB you "call up."

Larry, I am 11 years into PG software and to this day have NEVER booted Band In A Box. I prefer the more DAW like interface of Real Band, so the 64 or 32 bit aspect of BIAB is moot in my case.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,

Got it and Good luck

Larry

PS I'm the opposite, I'm a 30 year user (since DOS V2 1990) and I only USE BIAB - I never use RB - LOL.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
PS I'm the opposite, I'm a 30 year user (since DOS V2 1990) and I only USE BIAB - I never use RB - LOL.

Understandable. My entry point into computer based writing was Cakewalk, so I started on a DAW based program, and BIAB is so watered down (from reading and seeing screen shots) compared to a DAW it was easiest for me to just go RB. I prefer the fuller look of the mixer in RB, etc..... My biggest thing now is that I have a Tejano song cooking and there is no style for it. I looked at probably 75 styles last night and nothing comes close. And why I am up at 7am I have no idea.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
And why I am up at 7am I have no idea.

I thought all old people are up by 5 AM. (Runs for cover)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
I thought all old people are up by 5 AM. (Runs for cover)

(Throws book...)

Normally I am up with the crack of 9, but this little old dog pretty much controls the agenda anymore. I am just glad to still have her though. In addition to blind, she can now only hear if I speak directly into her ear from 3 inches away, and she is starting to get a bit of dementia, like suddenly not remembering the layout of the house where she has live for 13 years. The arthritis issues come and go with humidity and while it is obvious that she limps from it, she is okay on flat ground and I carry her up and down the steps to her bathroom. She's not done just yet, but sadly I don't anticipate that she will see 2021. When it gets too bad that she vocalizes pain, then it's time for me to intervene. That will be extremely difficult with this dog, but when it is the humane thing, it has to be.

Right now, I'd kill to find a good Tejano style, and I'm going to keep sampling styles to find one that works for the song I have working in my head. I must have listened to 300 styles or more so far trying to find one I can make work. The trouble with Mexican music is that the styles have gotten lumped together to a point where if you say Tejano to somebody they think you mean Mariachi or Bachata or Merengue. I need a style that mimics the Texas Tornadoes "A Little Bit Is Better Than Nada". Coming up empty.

And you'd think with these extra hours I have in my day....

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/03/20 09:00 AM.

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Search the Mavericks

When I was young my dad used to stick his head in my and my brothers room a say “all honest people are up by now” it used to smoke my clams, but now anything after 7:00 is burning daylight for me. I am so afraid I’ll miss something? I’m sure they have a 12 step program for that.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
...anything after 7:00 is burning daylight for me.

Burn, baby. Burn.

Quote:
I’m sure they have a 12 step program for that.

It's called retirement!!

One of the Tex Mex styles I think I can work with. It's not what I want, but with cutting and pasting I can tweak it into what I want. I wish I still had an accordion. Alas, it will have to be virtual, but it really needs to be in there.

Well, I DO have an accordion, but I think I need a better one.

This is the first instrument I ever played, in late April of 1956! And I still have it. That is how long I have been at music. 64 years!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,

That's a pretty instrument. Is the bellows in good shape? I'm assuming the bellows has discolored with age; what color was the bellows originally?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Jim, I wasn't even 5 years old. I don't remember. LOL!!!

I CAN say that I played it for a little less than 2 years until I got bigger and then got a new one, and until recently on a nostalgia kick it has been in that case for like 50 years without being opened. Tomorrow I will spread the bellows and look.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Is the bellows in good shape?

Here you go, Mr Jim. Bellows!!

If you look close you see it is made by Mignon, whoever that was.

Here is the overall size.

And the length.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Eddie, that is so cool. Thanks for the photographs. Maybe you can post the photos in off topic along with the background information and some accordion players can fill in some of the blanks.

That is so wonderful that the bellows are in good shape.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,534
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200