Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I thought this is a humorous and easily understood way to advise Floridians of social distancing;

"A Florida county is reminding people to maintain a distance of at least one alligator between each other"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/social-distancing-florida-alligator-trnd/index.html

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
I thought this is a humorous and easily understood way to advise Floridians of social distancing;

"A Florida county is reminding people to maintain a distance of at least one alligator between each other"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/social-distancing-florida-alligator-trnd/index.html

Now that is very clever. A lot of people around here are not practicing social distancing. Stores are starting to limit the number of people they will allow in them. That is a good idea.

When will people learn?

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a very interesting vid from a lady with a PhD and she raises some very good points:

One thing bothers me though and it's when she said "If all these people had COVID 19 last winter, we know some would have been hospitalized and some would have died. Where's the bodies?" Exactly the question I posed about California in this thread March 14, three weeks ago. I just checked to find out where did the most Chinese visitors land in the US. Here's the answer:

China recorded an all-time high 1.2 million visitors, making Los Angeles the number one ranked U.S. city for Chinese travelers (6.9 percent increase, the largest net gain among all international markets).

This is exactly what that article posted earlier in this thread said. If this is so contagious and LAX is incredibly crowded in the international arrivals area, where were the bodies? I go to Mexico one to two times a year and I have been stuck in arrivals occasionally for TWO HOURS because a 747 or A380 dumped 400-500 passengers in front of me just before I got to Customs. If there was any virus running around there January-March which is peak travel to Mexican resorts, LA should have been swamped with cases. People say, well we didn't know because nobody got tested. Fine, but my point then and still is now and it's exactly what she just said, were were the bodies? People that sick would have gone to the ER's, been admitted and some would have died. To simply prorate the Chinese visitor numbers equally 1.2 million is 100,000 a month so that's thousands of Chinese visitors in January until travel was closed just through LAX alone. If you go back to November then it's about 300,000. LA should have predated New York, not be following it.

I don't know just what to make of this. On the one hand the prior article quotes Italian and other sources suspecting the virus was in fact around last fall but this lady makes a pretty good point that didn't happen by saying "where's the bodies?" In CA with all the Chinese visitors, same question. LA County with 10 million people as of yesterday has 5,277 cases. They have been going up and many thousands of test kits are waiting for the lab work so that number is surely going up. But, we're talking 10 million people, those numbers are tiny even if they jump to 50,000. My friends and myself have been calling it the California Mystery. We really should have been leading the country in cases with 100,000 visitors just through LAX and about 180,000 monthly to CA as a whole.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

You've obviously put a lot more thought into this than I have so bear with me on this.

The first thing that comes to me is how dense is the population of the city of LA vs NY City?

Based on Bing numbers:

Los Angeles
4.06 million by 1st July of 2020
Land Area: 468.67 square miles
8,662 people per sq. mi.

New York City
8.54 million (2016)
Land Area: 468.90 square miles
18,212 people per sq. mi.

The people in NY are packed in there like rats so the chance for infection is much greater. Even though the streets look empty supposedly the subways are still packed.

If I missed your point, (besides where are the bodies ?), then I guess I did all of that "cyphering" for nothing. LOL

I hope your numbers stay lower than expected.

Take care.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I get it, the density was the first thing I thought too. Still, international arrivals at LAX is comparable to a NY subway at rush hour, you're standing shoulder to shoulder with 400 of your closest friends, it's like waiting in line at Space Mountain. LAX is right up there as one of the busiest airports in the world. New York City at 8 million people has 122K cases and LA County with 10 million has 5,200? That just doesn't make any sense to me but we'll all find out soon enough.

To be clear though, this is just an intellectual exercise, I'm just as paranoid as anybody here in this forum. Clean, clean and more clean. My grandmother must be smiling down on me, her house was spotless while mine was surely not but it's a whole lot better now I'll tell you. It's supposed to be pouring down rain soon and last four days. I need to do some shopping so I'm thinking of going tomorrow, maybe less people. Funny how our minds work now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And, speaking of subways while striving to keep this light...

It was two AM and Michael O'Reilly had just closed Murphy's Pub and was unsteadily wending his way to the underground escalator when suddenly confronted by a huge sign: "Dogs must be carried on the escalator! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Michael bemoaned: "And just where, pray tell, is a bloke t'be findin' a dog at this unholy hour?"

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob, I have read where the sun and higher temperatures can kill or at least cause fewer problems. Could it be the in CA the sun shines a lot and it is warn there? Here in NY it is gray most of the time and colder, in fact where I am it has been gray for three days and the temperature never got over 55°F.

Just a guess on my part.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I know, so many plausible guesses, so few hard facts. Here's a quote from a new article I just now read and it's exactly on point to what I wrote earlier today:

About 430,000 people have flown on direct flights from China to the United States since Chinese officials first disclosed the outbreak of what is now the novel coronavirus to world health officials on New Year’s Eve, according to a new report published Saturday.

Most of the travelers flew into airports in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Newark and Detroit in January. Thousands came directly from the city of Wuhan in the Chinese Hubei province, where the coronavirus originated, the New York Times reported.

If this is as contagious as everybody says it explains all these areas mentioned except California. An unusual glut of deaths in CA would not have gone unnoticed. Maybe it is the sun although it's been a 50/50 combination of sunny and cloudy/rainy the last few weeks.

I sure hope we get a handle on this fairly soon, the idea if this being the new normal for a year or more is simply intolerable. For one thing, we all gonna start looking like Grizzly Adams. Although you already do Mario, haha.

Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
... For one thing, we all gonna start looking like Grizzly Adams. Although you already do Mario, haha.

Well, that did give me something to chuckle about...

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
... For one thing, we all gonna start looking like Grizzly Adams. Although you already do Mario, haha.

Mario, I'm sorry!!! Seriously I am and I sincerely apologise. I chuckled a bit, too, when I read Bob's post. It took me by surprise.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

I sure hope we get a handle on this fairly soon, the idea if this being the new normal for a year or more is simply intolerable. For one thing, we all gonna start looking like Grizzly Adams. Although you already do Mario, haha.

Bob

That's a good one.

I think I just blow my warm weather theory out the window as I just saw on the news that New Orleans may be the next epic center. I know they are warm and humid.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Mario, I'm sorry!!! Seriously I am and I sincerely apologise. I chuckled a bit, too, when I read Bob's post. It took me by surprise.

Regards,
Noel

No need to apologize my friend. I even chucked at it as it was a good one!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I think I just blow my warm weather theory out the window as I just saw on the news that New Orleans may be the next epic center.

Yeah, it's looking pretty hot on the national map right now.....

John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center Map

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled.jpg (202.18 KB, 156 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a great tip I just found.

Put a gallon of dishwashing soap and a gallon of bleach in your washing machine and run it for 10 minutes.

It will disinfect your whole house...

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Foam House.jpg (31.42 KB, 148 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What about running most of the Grocery shop under the tap, as lot of it must have been handled by countless people before it reaches the shopper?

I know that neither hot nor cold water will dissolve the virus, but maybe it can wash it off, which is a lot better than handling some milk or food package with the virus on it.

May sound like an Over The Top thing to do, but its a crazy and dangerous world we are living in at the moment.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
We do that clean everything coming in to the house even parcel deliveries and letters opened with rubber gloves dealt with then thrown out.

That's the British prime minister Boris Johnson in Intensive care unit, worrying times indeed. Stay in Stay safe..!

Last edited by beatmaster; 04/06/20 10:55 AM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm not at all surprised about this one. It's one thing to offer your "spin" on the news and current events. It's an entirely different thing to misinform the public about something that could cause them or members of their family to get sick or even die.

"Fox News Is Preparing to Be Sued Over Coronavirus Misinformation"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/fox-news-prepares-coronavirus-misinformation-lawsuits

They already know they "screwed the pooch" on this one.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 04/06/20 03:14 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm not at all surprised about this one. It's one thing to offer your "spin" on the news and current events. It's an entirely different thing to misinform the public about something that could cause them or members of their family to get sick or even die.

"Fox News Is Preparing to Be Sued Over Coronavirus Misinformation"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/fox-news-prepares-coronavirus-misinformation-lawsuits

They already know they "screwed the pooch" on this one.

If people start suing news media over "It's an entirely different thing to misinform the public about something that could cause them or members of their family to get sick or even die." there could be a ton of lawsuits flying around.

I totally agree with you about the concept of misinforming the public like that but if Fox is going to get sued then CNN, MSNBC, etc, would be next. I have seen them and even our local news give misinformation about this virus. I just hope we all don't go sue happy as we have more important things to worry about right now. YMMV

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

I totally agree with you about people looking to sue someone for their misfortunes.

So far, I haven't seen anything about NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC or CNN preparing for lawsuits because they know for a fact they misinformed the public about an International health pandemic.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
So far, I haven't seen anything about NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC or CNN preparing for lawsuits because they know for a fact they misinformed the public about an International health pandemic.

And that is because they did NOT misinform the way Fox did. The "everyone does it" defense is nonsense.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199