Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
RenBart Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi,
I use the v.2020 for Mac and if possible I would like clarification:
Why when you choose a Style BIAB does not show only the Styles that are there? Why does it show a Style and then when you choose it it says not found? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to you I discovered the command "What Add-ons-do-I -have" and after using it gives me a list of: These add-ons have been found… and These add-ons are not found….
So, then I should delete These add-ons are not found ... to have no more problems, right?

Now seeing the list of RealTracks sets not found and opening the RealTracks folder, how do I recognize them?
Let me explain better with an example: the list tells me that it has not found 19- Jazz Ballad - Soloist, or 21- Clean Strat Rock so I open the RealTracks folder but I cannot find the folder with the same name, so I don't know how to identify them !
I have been using BIAB for a short time and I am not familiar with the program.
Thanks for the help.
Renato

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Renato,

Since you have the UltraPAK, you have most RealTracks (except possibly the bonus RealTracks).
In the StylePicker, any styles that you *don't* have should be clearly marked N/A, and most of those would be 'Xtra' styles. If you are finding that this is not the case, perhaps you need to rebuild the style list.

The 'What addons do I have' is not nearly as useful as looking in the StylePicker and RealTracks Picker to determine what you have and what you are missing. Check this for some useful tips:
https://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq59.htm#checkmissingcontent

If you have a specific example of something that is N/A or missing, we could check to see if perhaps you missed installing some file.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RenBart Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Andrew,
I only bought the UltraPak today (April 7) and I'm still downloading the RealTracks.
After I have downloaded everything and installed everything I will update you.
In the meantime, I'm going to read your link (tips).
Thanks a lot
Renato

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Hmm, I also have the UltraPack, and I see that I also have a couple of Styles reported as missing, that don't come from the BonusPacks or ExtraStyles but from RealTrack packages that I have. Re-downloading and looking into the installers for these realtracks, no such styles are found in the installers. Am I missing something?

BTW, I'm running Mac BIAB 2020 (407)

These styles are reported missing:

_JWLTZAS [N/A] Medium Jazz Waltz Pollwinners w/ Phi RT 217
_ARDENT [N/A] [RT n/a] Ardent Soulful Country Rock RT 279
_HILLTOP [N/A] Hilltop Serene Country Folk RT 281
_REVVED R [N/A] Revved Country Rock w Organ RT 282
_HIGHWAY [N/A] Highway Driving Country Rock RT 282
_RESTFUL [N/A] Restful Legato Pop Ballad w Harp RT 285
_BURBANK [N/A] Burbank Simple Solo Hard Rock RT 286
_TOUGHIT [N/A] Tough It Swinging Funk Rock RT 289
_SKYOPEN [N/A] Sky Opens Gospel Piano Ballad RT 289
_QUASAR [N/A] Quasar Minimal Modern Pop Ballad RT 289
_PUNKROK [N/A] Punk Rock Band w Extra Attitude RT 289
_HAMMERS [N/A] Hammers Modern Pop Ballad RT 289
_GLASSY R [N/A] Glassy Pop Piano w Bass & Drums RT 289
_ANARCHY [N/A] Anarchy Punk Rock w Crash Drums RT 289
_2INSTEP [N/A] Two In Step Jazz Waltz w Guitar RT 295
_STEPPIN [N/A] Steppin' Even Soul Jazz w Piano RT 295
_PAYOLA R [N/A] Payola Jazz Swing w Congas RT 295
_ARVORES [N/A] Arvores Bossa Trio Rhythm Guitar RT 295
_NAYARIT [N/A] Nayarit Mariachi Waltz w Trumpet RT 298
_JALISCO [N/A] Jalisco Mariachi Waltz Trio RT 298
_ANDALE R [N/A] Andale Lively Tex-Mex Polka RT 298

It puzzles me, grateful for any additional information.

/Björn

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Additional info: The same styles are being reported as missing by 32bit BIAB 2018 (267) as well (perhaps not that surprising).

/Björn

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Bjorn,

I have updated your account, and I suggest you download the RealTracks Sets 278-300.
I am not sure why the styles you list would be missing, however this should fix it.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Thanks Andrew! I have downloaded the applicable RealTrack sets from the updated download links you provided to me. It however didn't fix the missing styles. Interestingly enough, the missing styles are not present in the installers for the realtracks. Taking the first one as an example:

The style _JWLTZAS with name "Medium Jazz Waltz Pollwinners w/ Phi" should be part of RealTrack set 217. Hence the installer "RealTracks Sets 214-220.pkg" should contain a file _JWLTZAS.sty to be installed into the "Styles" folder. But there is no such file in the installer.

Can anyone else find a file "_JWLTZAS.sty" in their "Styles" folder?

The same seems to be true for the other styles that are reported N/A.

Not that it matters that much, but it puzzles me.

/Björn

Expert
Expert
Hi Bjorn,
I just looked in my "Styles" folder and I do see the file "_JWLTZAS.sty" here on my system.
Also, it does show in the StylePicker here as being from RT set 217, so you are definitely correct about the set number.

So you're saying that you don't see that file at all in your "Styles" folder, or are you just seeing it listed as N/A in the StylePicker ?

Just curious, did you use a tool such as "Pacifist" of "Suspicious Package" to determine that the file is not in the 214-220 install pkg, or did you just run the installer to make that determination ?

I will have a look through my RT installer files when I get a minute to see if I can find that file in one of the packages.
I will let you know what I find.

- Jay

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins
Expert
Expert
Hmmm...
OK, I downloaded the the package "realtracks206-253.dmg" from my account, and inside that found the "/RealTracks Packages/RealTracks Sets 214-220.pkg".

When I open "RealTracks Sets 214-220.pkg" in "Suspicious Package", I do not see that file listed in that installer.
I will attach a screenshot below.

Strange !

- Jay

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Last edited by JayO; 04/15/20 12:11 PM. Reason: added link

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I can duplicate the issue with the file _JWLTZAS.STY
However the other files are present in my testing. Did you rebuild?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Thanks for the help with the investigation, Jay! I did the exact same thing as you did, exploring the package installer with Pacifist.

Andrew - yes I did rebuild in the styles picker dialog.

Investigating a bit further, by googling on some of the Style names, I found most of them listed in the Bonus 49-PAK 2017:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=380029

I conclude they are just mis-classified in the StylePicker dialog, they should be presented as coming from the BonusPak set instead?

The missing _JWLTZAS.STY is still puzzling, though. But I think I might come over it, and start sleeping well in the nights again. :-)

Best regards
/Björn

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
No, the files are there. They may have been part of an unreleased styles PAK a few years ago. The only anomaly that I see is that one style _JWLTZAS. Make sure you downloaded RealTracks 278-300. You could check the log in the RealTracks packages folder on the disk image to see what it says. If you still can't get it please PM me and we can investigate further.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
You are right, Andrew. Downloaded RealTracks 278-300 again, ran the installer and rebuilt the styles list, most of the missing styles are now found. Only two styles are still missing:

I'll send you a PM with the details regarding those styles. Thanks for your kind help!

/Björn

w Offline
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Bjorn Beskow
You are right, Andrew. Downloaded RealTracks 278-300 again, ran the installer and rebuilt the styles list, most of the missing styles are now found. Only two styles are still missing:

I'll send you a PM with the details regarding those styles. Thanks for your kind help!

/Björn

That is odd because I have those two styles in my Mac Band-in-a-Box 2019 .

( I am still saving up $$$$ to purchase Mac Band in a Box 2020 )

Last edited by w; 04/18/20 12:00 PM. Reason: some typo errors

Mac Audiophile 2020 2019 2018 2017 USB plus previous years versions

macOS Mojave - 10.14.6 @ Aug 16, 2019

iMac i3 3.6 GHz 8GB RAM 4K with Retina display

some examples @ sound cloud done with Mac Band and DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199