#590865 - 04/09/20 11:58 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Just Got Better!
PG Music Staff
All our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows users will be thrilled with the enhancements added with the latest FREE Update
The program stability is vastly improved, with fewer possible crashes, BeStPlain chord font support has been added for additional chords, mid/xml/mxl file import has been tweaked to better handle certain cases (e.g. ties, zero duration drum notes), there is improved the stability of the audio chord wizard, and more
Plus, hundreds of RealTracks files have been enhanced and improved with simpler options for RealTracks and MIDI SuperTracks, smoother transitions, updated RealCharts and Hi-Q RealCharts, improved transcriptions, and revised endings! Check out the full list of RealTracks and other Add-on improvements with build 717 here
We didn't stop there – the VST DAW Plugin is also updated with this patch, adding TONS of enhancements and a new Shortcuts file feature! Now you can easily zoom within the Plugin, smoothly drag tracks, use the P hotkey to toggle between part markers, transpose chords to "natural accidentals," the scrolling has been improved, and more
Read the detailed list of enhancements included in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 717 for Windows or download it here
Using the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Pro or MegaPAK? Upgrade to the UltraPAK
today to get the most out of the latest build 717
!______________________________Free Update Patch Details
This Includes a DAW Plugin update to 2.5.25 and numerous RealTracks updates.https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_win_update_build717.exeSummary of changes for build 717
DAW Plugin build 2.5.25:
- Chord sheet videos might be full with random white rectangle artifacts if rendering to a larger resolution file.
- Possible crash when using the Audio Chord Wizard.
- Dropping a MusicXML file onto Band-in-a-Box, and then choosing [Yes] to import the file causes an access violation.
- Band-in-a-Box will freeze during bootup if intrface.bbw is corrupted.
- 7#9 chord does not display if using the BeStPlain chord font font.
- If higher sample rate or higher bit depth are selected prior to rendering to mp3, m4a, or wma, the process will fail with error -1072875847 or -1072875852.
- Using space bar to start song from beginning should not always cause the song to re-generate.
- If importing a MIDI file, drum notes with duration zero do not play.
- Edit > Song Form > Unfold does not remove the tag ending.
- Changing multiple bars in the Bar Settings dialog will not be displayed on the chord sheet or title bar.
- Issue with ties in loading XML files.
- Some .mxl files would not load.
- Melody > Generate Soundtrack > Load Soundtrack song... causes "File problem" error.
- Misc. Feature Browser and PDF manual updates.
- Several of the "1TrackVocalSection" variations of the "RockNRollGospel12-8 Vocal Mmms" RealTracks were broken
- Updated: PDF Manual and help file routine updates.
Other RealTracks Improvements:
- "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
- Unfold feature not working with some songs
- Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
- Chord superscripts
- Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
- Undo removes all chords after opening a song
- Buzzing sound in Studio One
- Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
- Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
- Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
- All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
- Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
- Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
- Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
- Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
- Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
- Opening plugin when the DAW has altered tempo shows sync tempo indicator despite the match
- typing roman numerals in Normal display makes them show as superscripts
- Dragging tracks not working properly
- Changing track does not delete old file (if not dragged).
- Selected Host shows duplicates in the list
- Double clicking on empty track should not launch a picker
- Generate state should reset when all tracks are replaced
- Added: About to File Menu
- Added: "year" to plugin name
- remove sync tempo button if already synced
- improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)
- Issues transposing chords correctly
- "Key" field shows unrelated text
- Auto-Generate runs after File->New and previous style is loaded
- Sync tempo button not working
- Issues with focusing plugin when running bbApp
- Not repainting after opening track context menu
- Problem transposing chords to "natural accidentals" when explicitly typed in "unnatural" way (ie: Cm chords in Key of C)
- Closing plugin window in DAW should close any open bb windows for that instance
- Issues remaining with scrolling
- P should be a hotkey for part marker toggle (but not interfere with entering titles etc).
- Nashville Notation font
- Issue calling bbApp to localize strings when changing language
- File-New should preserve the style name
- add checkbox to toggle buttons
- Added: Shortcuts file feature
- Cannot enter some chords in chord sheet
- Generate makes VST jump to background
- Added: opening song file with wav of same name should load it into audio track
- "Generating Style" not translating properly
- scroll wheel on mouse wheel not scrolling track table
- make flashing generate more subtle (maybe small light indicator like tempo sync)
- focus taken from plugin when initializing band-in-a-box
- get focus for all windows in bbapp
- up-key and down-key not going to empty page in track table
- adding audio file from master + menu adds it to audio track
- Visual transpose +0/+12 not working in alternate chord displays
- Visual transpose increases bottom label size on every change
- Visual Transpose not saving properly
- Visual transpose not resetting when starting new session
- SavedTracks folder can't be external
- pulsating buttons
- unfold/fold should not trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- adding/changing track after generating should trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- generated added/changed track should not trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- close bbApp if open when changing folder paths
- bb connection icon not repainting after style picker
- Simple options now available for these MSTs:
Piano, Soloist RhythmChangesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Soloist JazzBluesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompMiles Sw 140
Piano, Rhythm JazzBluesCompMiles Sw 140
- RealCharts improved for:
Bass, Electric, MerengueAB Ev16 130
- Simple tags added, and better transitions between chords for:
Piano, Acoustic, Soloist RhythmChangesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBluesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzBluesCompMiles Sw 140
- The abbreviated name for 'Fiddle, BackgroundSoloist MommasPrayerAndy Sw 085' had "Mandolin" in the name.
- This RealTrack will work slightly better over all chords:
Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 190
- RealCharts were incorrect for:
Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16ths Ev16 075
Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16thsHigh Ev16 075
- Better transitions for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085
- Improved RealCharts for:
Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBluesRock Ev 110
- Simple option now available, and better transition between chords for:
Guitar, Resonator, Background CountryWaltzRandy Sw 110
- Simple option now available for:
Guitar, Resonator, Rhythm Folk8thsRandy Ev 085
- Simple options now available for these RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks:
Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm RockabillyMike Sw 190 (MST)
Organ, Rhythm BluesSlow128Mike Sw 065 (RT & MST)
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyJazzJohn Sw 190 (RT)
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzClassicJohn Sw 110
- Some chords were playing incorrectly for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkSlowSw16Mike Sw16 060 (RT)
Piano, Rhythm FolkSlowSw16Mike Sw16 060 (MST)"
- RealCharts & simple version now available for:
Bass, Acoustic, OldTimeFastWaltz Sw 165
- Simple options available for:
Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085
Cello, Background CelticHornpipeFlowingNatalie Sw16 070
Cello, Background CelticWaltzNatalie Ev 100
Cello, Rhythm Celtic SlipjigChoppingNatalie Sw 110
Cello, Rhythm CelticHornpipeChopNatalie Sw16 070
Cello, Rhythm CelticJigChoppingNatalieAB Sw 110
Cello, Rhythm CelticReelChoppingNatalieAB Ev16 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist LaidBackBluesyBrent Ev 100
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladBrent Ev 065
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopBrent Ev 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist Slow12-8Brent Sw 040
Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldHighDarin Ev16 090
Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 090
- RealCharts now available for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AtmosphereWaltzArpDarin Ev 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm IslandGroove Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaFastPunk Ev16 180
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CelticReelDADGAD Ev16 110
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm RumbaFlamencaBallad Ev16 090"
- Some issues with RealCharts fixed:
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085"
- Improved "Hi-Q" RealCharts for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPop16thsHighZane Ev16 0
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSlow16thsZane Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSw16Zane Sw16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSwingZane Sw 085
- Improved chord transitions for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatJohn Ev 130
- Some wrong notes fixed for MIDI Supertracks:
Piano, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 085
Piano, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 180"
- Improved RealCharts for:
Bass, Electric, IslandGrooveAB Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzBluesCompOlly Sw 140
Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzBluesOlly Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist JazzBluesPJ Sw 140
Steel Drum, Rhythm IslandGroove Ev16 100"
- Minor fixes for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockNRollJohn Ev 165"
- Simple tags available for these MSTs:
Shakuhachi, Synth, Background NewAge Ev 110
Synth, Rhythm Rock80s Ev 120
Bass, Synth, Rhythm JazzFunkFat Ev 110
Koto, Synth, Rhythm NewAge Ev 110
Synth, Background JazzFunkLead Ev 110"
- Improved transcriptions, simple tags available and riff selection improved
Bass, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBluesNeilAB Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist JazzBluesPJ Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist RhythmChangesPJ Sw 140
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvilleRadioBalladDanny Ev16 075
Bass, Electric, AmericanaPop8thsSteveAB Ev 100
Bass, Electric, Americana16thsSteveAB Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soca Ev16 120
Bass, Electric, AmericanaSlow12-8SteveAB Sw 040
Guitar, Electric, Background SocaSingle-note Ev16 120
Guitar, Baritone Electric, Background AmericanaTremBrent Ev16 075
- Some endings were playing incorrectly:
Piano, Electric, HeldChords 120
- Simple Tags added for these RealTracks:
Guitar, Electric, Soloist BossaSlow Ev 085
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm IslandJohn Ev 110
- Other RealTracks updated as needed if there is a newer version available.
Edited by Andrew - PG Music (04/15/20 02:26 PM)
PG Music Inc.
NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!
Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!
With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!
The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!
Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!
There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.
But wait... there's MORE!
We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!
Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.
Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.
Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!
We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!
Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.
If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!
Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.
#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!
I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!
I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!
We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...
Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!
"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!
He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!
"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!
My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker
Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!
Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!
ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO
Interview: Eyes on Success featuring PG Music Inc., Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and the Updated JAWS Script
Take 30 minutes and make sure to listen to the latest episode from Eyes on Success, which focuses on the history of Band-in-a-Box® and using it with the screen reader JAWS, created by Peter Torpey. Hosts Nancy & Peter discuss our company history and Band-in-a-Box program with Tobin, our chief development officer, including how Band-in-a-Box is even more accessible with the help of their JAWS screen reader scripts!
Click here to download and listen to the podcast - you don't want to miss this one!
Eyes on Success is a weekly radio show / podcast geared to the visually impaired called "Eyes On Success" and that can be found at www.EyesOnSuccess.net.
Currently the scripts and associated documentation and resources can be found here.
You can watch Peter Torpey's video testimonial here.
#TipTuesday - Style Changes in Band-in-a-Box®
Head to our Tips & Tricks forum to read what other Band-in-a-Box users have discovered about the program!
Like mrgeeze's recent post Style Changes within a song.. another great BIAB feature.
...My arrangement's bass Real Track was 397 (bass Acoustic Paul).
Solid but not really what I wanted for a solo.
I hit the F5 key to bring up bar setting and poked around till i found the Real Tracks command button in the upper right.
Clicked on that & quickly change the bass to 452 (Soloist (bluesy).
12 bars later I did the same and switched it back to 397.
The results were excellent...
Did you know about this feature? Learn all about Bar Settings and how you can adjust them here.
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM