Print Thread
Go To
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElementsSte5--izotope-elements-suite-plug-in-bundle

I missed out on the freebie version 8 suite back at the end of the year. Figured it was time to give this a try.

R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Well that didn’t last long. Glad I grabbed it when I did

Apprentice
Apprentice
Do these work with bandlab/cakewalk or audacity?

R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
BandLab cakewalk yes. Not sure about BandLab online and no idea About audacity

Expert
Expert
neutron elements works with RB so i am sure the other plugins would do so too.

i got burned buying WAVES plugins which didn't work with RB but i presume these izotope plugins are less 'fussy' and therefore more likely to work with most daws but audacity isn't a daw. it does have a plugin manager but all the plugins seem to be native to audacity and built in, with the only option being enable or disable. at a first glance can't see how you would add a third party plugin.

R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Actually it looks like ozone elements 9 is FREE from Sweetwater right now.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Actually it looks like ozone elements 9 is FREE from Sweetwater right now.

I can confirm. Just have to give them your email and mailing address and phone number... Not a problem for me since Sweetwater had all this info. Download link and code came minutes later.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Well that didn’t last long. Glad I grabbed it when I did

And the next day they give it away for free! Call Sweetwater and let us know.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Expert
Ozone elements is only free to USA customers

frown

but it's included in the $29 bundle so its still good value

Last edited by Bob Calver; 04/16/20 11:59 PM.
Expert
Expert
i have been using BIAB since the days of floppies but i am still getting used to vsts.

i couldn't get the plugins to work but then i noticed there were several dlls

if you ignore the ones starting with iz****** the plugins with just the fx name all work with BIAB and RB

all end up in the steinberg folder so it's easy to choose the wrong one

$29 is a steal

Last edited by Bob Calver; 04/18/20 02:49 AM.
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
So I’m spending some time with this package and I have to say that I am not super impressed yet. There’s almost no direct controls for any of the packages. It’s highly automated. Probably good for those who want to just want to try to sweeten a mix, but if you want to directly adjust and tweak, some of the plugins are almost bereft of direct controls.

Veteran
Veteran
Your impressions are the same as mine. I'm afraid the "elements" concept is just marketing to get folks to pay up for the fuller packages. I still use my old original full versions of Ozone and Nectar.

Expert
Expert
agree for the most part. nectar elements is particularly disappointing - just sliders that you can move and the effect itelf is disappointing on vocals compared to what i've been achieving with other plugins.
neutron elements is useful. i already had version 1 and now i have version 3. the presets are helpful, the modules are tweakable and the results i've been getting with the old version are pleasing.
ozone i haven't used yet as i have nothing ready for mastering.
rx7 seems of limited use to me anyway.
small problem so far, RB vst fx window crashes with the new version of neutron elements. the plugin loads fine and then i exit. but if i reopen to tweak, it crashes - the window opens momentairly and then closes so i have to reopen and then and neutron defaults to a blank setting. my pc meets both izotope's requirements and PG music's so i think it might just be a matter of restarting as leaky memory issues seem to reduce my ram. it didn't crash with neutron 1 when i used it before but it did last night when i tested so i think its pc related not plugin related. also the track i was using has been through lots of changes and has lots of muted unused tracks so i might edit it to retain only the working tracks and make things simpler.
PowerTracks used to have a resource monitor that showed how much of the PC capability was being sued and how much PT was using. Is it hidden anywhere in RB?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 04/19/20 02:49 AM.
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
I have found a multi-band compressor that has all of the controls I was hoping for in Ozone Elements and don't see them there. And it's free.

https://www.cutthroughrecordings.com/product/Convergence

You can pay for the version that gives you 5-10 bands, but I found in my past use of the Final Mix mastering plugin I got so used to, that 3 bands works well enough for me.

I have found a couple others, but this one has pretty much all the live analysis, gain reduction, frequency band crossover points, and what not that I was used to with the multi-band compressor portion of Final Mix.

Expert
Expert
system Requirements For OZONE 9 from Izotope.com
Operating Systems:

Mac: OS X 10.11 El Capitain–macOS 10.15 Catalina

PC: Win 7 64-bit (Latest Service Packs)–Win 10

Plugin Formats:

AAX, VST 2, VST 3, AU, NKS (All formats are 64-bit only)

Supported Hosts:

Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9–10, Pro Tools 12.8-2019, FL Studio 20, Cubase 9–10, Nuendo 10, Wavelab 9, Sound Forge Pro 13, Sound Forge Mac 3, Studio One 4, REAPER 5, Reason 10, Audition CC 2019, Premiere Pro CC 2019, MASCHINE 2, Komplete Kontrol, Bitwig Studio 3, Final Cut Pro X.

Although it’s not listed as supported host, rockstar_not is correct about its compatibility with Cakewalk.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Expert
Expert
When I looked into the $29 deal, as far as I could tell, it looked like it was for Mac OSX only. I did not see on the Sweetwater ad any confirmation that it was for Windows. I did not have time that day to call them so I passed on it. Did anybody buy it and does it work for Windows PC? Let me know so I can kick myself in the head please.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Expert
Expert
yess it works with windows and you still have two days, but read the above posts about how good the plugins are. i'm glad i bought them but they are a trifle disappointing

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I like to use Ozone elements for basic mastering so that I can test various presets and choose the one which sounds best to my ears. It often helps me get that extra oomph out of pieces. I sometimes just put it on the master output in Logic, but I also like to use Adobe Audition for "post production" (read: try all presets of all kinds to see what I get). I am a complete idiot when it comes to understanding what these tools actually do so I go by ear.

But beware that Izotope are extreme spammers. I get frequent emails even though I have opted out several times. They now go straight to SPAM. Disgraceful communication practices which has made me think twice about upgrading to full versions.

My Soundcloud
BIAB 2022 UltraPAK+ / MacBook Pro 2021 M1 14" / Axe I/O audio interface / Lots of guitars
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,624
Posts735,210
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185