Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DrDan #737251 11/03/22 11:24 PM
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
v2.7 just showed up as an update in my Plugin Boutique account. Downloaded. Installation next. Just wondering what it's going to take for them to create a major version upgrade that I'll have to pay for. Many other software developers would have it on v4, at least. Ca-ching. Ca-ching. Ca-ching. Points to the devs!

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
DrDan #737331 11/04/22 11:42 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
OK, someone has to do it...

Scaler 2.7 drops November 3rd.

It’s a mammoth update with some really nice new features.

Scaler 2.7 is set for release with the following changes:

Changelog 2.7.0

• New features

Add Live Sync ability to keep other Scaler instances synchronised in realtime.
Add new modes for Parallel Harmony to generate progressions by thirds, fourths, and fifths.
Add Auto Play in browser (Section A) to enable quick preview of chord sets.
Add Multi Voice Output (Multi Midi Out) option to split each note of chords onto separate channels.
Add Global UI Velocity controls to change the strength of MIDI notes played through the interface.
Add ability to consolidate chords from multiple patterns into a single chord set file.
• New Content

Sequence ‘Moods’.
80s, Classical, HipHop, LoFi Chord Sets.
Fixed Bass Chord Sets (Triad and Extended).
Orchestral Divisi Chord Sets (Intended to work with Multi Midi Out).
Experimental Phrases
Experimental Performances
Internal Orchestral Bass Instrument
Internal LoFi Instrument
• Improvements

Make undo/redo buttons always visible in Section C.
Clear Undo/Redo history when clearing state or when importing a state file.
Fix Daw-Sync timing causing playback to start early in Cubase.
Fix Play-Quantize offset calculation.
Remember the last selected scale on circle of fifths in the Voicing Editor.

Thanks... I just downloaded the Scaler 2.7 update file, (6439_Scaler-2.7.0.pkg) and have not figured out how to open it to view the file's contents...
MS Word & Notepad say it's too large to open... Any Help Please.
How do I install this update?

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

bloc-head #737332 11/04/22 11:59 AM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bloc-head

Thanks... I just downloaded the Scaler 2.7 update file, (6439_Scaler-2.7.0.pkg) and have not figured out how to open it to view the file's contents...

Common problem for me in the past. The update comes in two versions MAC and PC. It is more than likely you downloaded the wrong one for your system. The PC version is named 6440_Scaler-2.7.0.zip. You have the Mac version Is this the problem?? If so, go back and get the right one.

Last edited by MusicStudent; 11/04/22 12:00 PM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #737334 11/04/22 12:14 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert

Common problem for me in the past. The update comes in two versions MAC and PC. It is more than likely you downloaded the wrong one for your system. The PC version is named 6440_Scaler-2.7.0.zip. You have the Mac version Is this the problem?? If so, go back and get the right one.

I'll double check, and let you know asap.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

bloc-head #737340 11/04/22 01:02 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert

I'll double check, and let you know asap.
That was it... Successful update... Thanks so much.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

DrDan #747962 01/05/23 12:42 PM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
What can I say, I can't stop now, I feel a bit responsible. crazy

2.7.2 (available January 5th, 2022)

Changelog 2.7.2

Filter SysEx messages from ScalerControl on M1 (improves Logic Pro X MIDI FX on Apple Silicon).
Handle bind velocity based on default or custom chord velocity.
Prevent a crash with the next user set selector when the folder is empty.
Fix a crash when sending too many change scale commands to multiple instances simultaneously.
Fix an issue causing the auto-play to jump to the scale playback when browsing chord sets.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #747963 01/05/23 12:46 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I dub thee Sir Scaler.

But actually, thanks for keeping us informed. It appears that Scaler continues to improve rapidly. and I can see how it might help some folks.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
DrDan #748058 01/06/23 05:34 AM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thanks Dan! (I still dunno quite what to make of it but I like it!)

DrDan #748162 01/06/23 04:14 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hot Dawg...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

DrDan #748165 01/06/23 04:43 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanx Dan.

Got it DLed and installed.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
DrDan #748233 01/07/23 06:52 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mario, since I know you know music theory cold, and have superb experience with MIDI music production, could you take a moment and tell me what Scaler does FOR YOU?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #748293 01/07/23 09:59 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Mario, since I know you know music theory cold, and have superb experience with MIDI music production, could you take a moment and tell me what Scaler does FOR YOU?

Hi Matt,

The main thing it does for me is to give me different chords and chord progressions that I might not of thought of using BiaB. Being able to select chords from a different points of view does help, i.e. scales, modes, artist, genre, etc.

I have tried the melody function and it is on par with BiaB's Melodist. That is it will not give me a complete melody line that I find usable, just like the Melodist. I doubt no program will do that for me.

To be truthful I rarely use Scaler. I bought it when it was on sale and hoped it would do a lot more for me. I have worked with it and watched the videos but I keep going back to BiaB.

It might be beneficial to both of us if you asked the same question to a power user.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
DrDan #748303 01/07/23 10:30 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks. No, you answered it to my satisfaction. I hadn’t even considered the melody line, only the chord progression, and you said it can help give you ideas you might not have considered. Very good.

DrDan #748342 01/07/23 05:02 PM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Mario, how do I get those chord progressions into BIAB without typing them?

I also bought Scaler when it was on sale mostly because Dan likes it and I like Dan so...

JohnJohnJohn #748368 01/08/23 04:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Mario, how do I get those chord progressions into BIAB without typing them?

I also bought Scaler when it was on sale mostly because Dan likes it and I like Dan so...

Most of the time I type them in. On occasion I will bring the chord progression into my DAW Studio One Pro 6, lets say a chord a measure. Then In BiaB I will quickly put in a chord a measure, usually the same chord in each measure. My DAW I will convert the BiaB tracks to the correct chords via the chord track. Note that I do this in MIDI. It should work with RTs but you may get some artifacts doing it this way.

One of these days I'm gonna bring the chord progression into my DAW as block chords, extract the MIDI track from the DAW, then insert it into BiaB and have BiaB figure out the chords.

So I ask other Scaler users how do you get your chords into BiaB?

MarioD #748373 01/08/23 05:50 AM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

So I ask other Scaler users how do you get your chords into BiaB?

Unfortuantely, there are issues with this. cry

Scaler will write any chord progession or sequence to a .mid file. BIAB will Import a .mid file and interpret the chords to the chord chart. It should be that easy, but... crazy

BIAB just struggles in assigning the chord names correctly. Even simple triads get messed up and key signatures. Don't even try chord extensions or slash chords.

I just spent an hour trying to illustrate something positive in a video. BIAB was just not in the mood to cooperate today. Even with a RTFS, it was an effort in frustration.

Bottom line BIAB and Scaler do not play well together in regards to exchanging specific detailed chord designations and voicings via copy/paste or export/import. In Scaler you can specify the exact notes and order of notes you want to play. Meanwhile, BIAB will play what "it" composes based on the Chord names you enter. I am afraid the fundamental premise of the two programs differ in this regard. That is why you need both. grin

DrDan #748374 01/08/23 06:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanx Dan for this information. Now I don't have to try that experiment I mentioned as you have already done it.

DrDan #748377 01/08/23 06:47 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, we've had forms of this discussion in various environments. The problem is the lack of chord info support in MIDI (even in the new MIDI 2).

BIAB cannot be expected to interpret the notes into exactly the same chords as were sent, yet alone get voicings right. Now, if Scaler could export in Music XML format, then we might have something. Has anyone asked Scaler if they could do that?

Matt Finley #748378 01/08/23 07:04 AM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Has anyone asked Scaler if they could do that?

This is an ongoing discussion thread in the Scaler Forum.
https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/musicxml-integration/7432

I am not sure what the consensous is, or if XML it is coming or not. But based on my morings exercise, BIAB could do a better job in importing and naming the chords in a .MID file even if it is not able to play them as named.

DrDan #748379 01/08/23 07:17 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
(Me:)
Does Scaler 2.0 support MusicXML?

(ChatGPT:)
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with a software called Scaler 2.0. Could you provide more information about what this software does and what you are trying to do with it?

(Me:)
https://www.scalerplugin.com/

(ChatGPT:)
Scaler is a music composition software that helps users find and play chord progressions. It does not support MusicXML, which is a file format for representing music notation and other music-related data. Instead, Scaler can import and export MIDI files, which can be used to exchange data between digital audio workstations and other music software. If you have a MusicXML file that you would like to use with Scaler, you may be able to convert it to a MIDI file using a separate software tool or online service.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195