#596034 - 05/06/20 04:09 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows build 720 update (May 6)
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2020 build 720 is available
This Includes a DAW Plugin update to 2.6.8https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_win_update_build720.exeSummary of changes for build 720
DAW Plugin 2.6.8
- Fixed: It was not possible to enter the ^ character into the chordsheet if using a French keyboard layout.
- Fixed: "Can't play this demo because another one is still in the process of initializing." error message when demoing styles.
- Fixed: [#] genre filter menus did not work in localized versions.
- Fixed: The StyleMaker button was missing.
- Fixed: Drum transcription MIDI files fixed.
- Fixed: Feature Browser could crash in some cases.
- Fixed: Features in the DAWPlugin would not work if Band-in-a-Box was running.
- Improved: Various improvements for localized versions.
- Fixed: Saving preferences file fails with error "The file name is not valid."
- Fixed: Some File Open dialogs did not filter for the required file extension.
- Fixed: The notation window setting "Display Font Size %" is reset when opening or resizing the window.
Other RealTracks Improvements
- Fixed: Normalize, Acidize, Flat, Dry Center options.
- Fixed: Bar Changes dialog (stylechange, key sig changes).
- Fixed: Drum transcription MIDI files fixed.
- Added: Plugin creates language.ini file if none exists
- Fixed: Chord sheet zoom does not dirty bit in DAW
- Fixed: Plugin localization issues
- Fixed: Clicking Generate on an empty page shows Completion message after 9 clicks
- Fixed: Generate button does not work if there is no track in the first row of the current page
- Fixed: Selected tracks reset when closing the plugin
- Fixed: Current page in track table resets when closing the plugin
- Fixed: Dragging the playback position in the plugin while tracks are muted produces noise
Summary of changes for build 717
- Fixed: Silent chords on Bass, Acoustic, OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125
- Fixed: RealTracks audition demos for RT3447, 3419, 3479, and 3498 were silent.
- Improved: Better transcriptions, with bends, slides, etc. added to:
Instrumental Studies 12 - Rhythm Changes Jazz Guitar Soloing
Instrumental Studies 13 - Jazz Blues Guitar Soloing
- Improved: Transcriptions, simple tags available and riff selection improved
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalCinematicLowTuneSteadyDarin Ev16 110
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalCinematicLowTuneChopDarin Ev16 110
Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaMountain16thsAB Ev16 070
Bass, Electric, SkaPunkPopAB Ev 180
Bass, Electric, SkaClassicAB Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaSlow Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Soloist RhythmChangesOlly Sw 140
Bass, Acoustic, JazzBluesNeilAB Sw 140
Flute, Background BossaLounge 140 (1TrackHornSection)
Horn Section, Background BossaLounge2-partOctaves Ev 140
Horn Section, Background BossaLounge3-part Ev 140
Sax, Alto BossaLounge 140 (1TrackHornSection)
Trumpet, Muted, Background BossaLounge 140 (1TrackHornSection)
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm GospelCool Sw16 075
Vocals, BackgroundSoloist GospelCoolSoulful Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCool3-part Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCool2-part Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolHighDbl Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolHigh1 Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolHigh2 Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolMedDbl Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolMed1 Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolMed2 Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolLowDbl Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolLow1 Sw16 075
Vocals, Background GospelCoolLow2 Sw16 075
Vocals, BackgroundSoloist GospelCoolSoulful Sw16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompOlly Sw 140
Sax, Alto, Soloist RhythmChangesPJ Sw 140
Bass, Acoustic, FolkSlowSwing Sw 085
Bass, Electric, AmericanaSyncSteveAB Ev16 085
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Americana16thsDelayBrent Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Soloist AmericanaGritty16thsBrent Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Soloist NashvilleRadioBalladDanny Ev16 075
Bass, Acoustic, OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125
Bass, Electric, RockHeavy8thsDoug Ev 120
- Improved: Transcriptions improved:
Bass, Electric, RootsyFunkAlex Ev16 110
Bass, Electric, NashvilleRadioBalladAB Ev16 075
Bass, Electric, LoungeFunkAlex Ev16 080
- Fixed: Bass, Fretless Electric Pop8thsRene Ev 085 was not playing sus chords.
- Improved: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycPopBalladHighDelay Ev 065 has improved riff selection.
- Improved: Transcriptions available and the riff selection has been improved
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm PeruValsCriollo Ev 140
Quatro, Rhythm Joropo68Ramon Sw 060
Vihuela, Rhythm MariachiRanchero Ev 120
Bajo Sexto, Rhythm NortenoRamon Ev 120
- Fixed: The tablature was not displaying properly on the correct channels for these MIDI SuperTracks:
Bass, LoungeFunkAlex Ev16 080, Bass, SkaPunkPopAB Ev 180
Bass, NashvilleRadioBallad Ev16 075
- Improved: Notation is more accurate for:
Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticPolkaFastReelQuinn Ev16 140
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
Summary of changes for build 715
- Fixed: "Allow multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box to be running" would be ignored if unchecked.
- Fixed: The media player in the RealTracks Picker was not working properly.
- Fixed: Demo player in the Hi-Q patch selector dialog was not seeking properly.
- Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
- Fixed: After assigning a new RealTrack, the notation window track buttons did not update.
- Fixed: RealTracks are silent if added to a track that currently contains a MIDI plugin.
- Fixed: Audio Edit page should not automatically scroll during playback if user is dragging mou
- Improved: Bootup log includes times for individual DX plugin scanning.
- Improved: The plugins window has a new [Hide] button for maximizing space for the plugin'S GUI.
- Improved: Serial number entry is improved for convenience.
- Fixed: Possible access violation during bootup.
- Fixed: Avast will deem Band-in-a-Box as unsafe and silently block it (affects both program and plugin)
DAW Plugin build 2.5.25:
- Chord sheet videos might be full with random white rectangle artifacts if rendering to a larger resolution file.
- Possible crash when using the Audio Chord Wizard.
- Dropping a MusicXML file onto Band-in-a-Box, and then choosing [Yes] to import the file causes an access violation.
- Band-in-a-Box will freeze during bootup if intrface.bbw is corrupted.
- 7#9 chord does not display if using the BeStPlain chord font font.
- If higher sample rate or higher bit depth are selected prior to rendering to mp3, m4a, or wma, the process will fail with error -1072875847 or -1072875852.
- Using space bar to start song from beginning should not always cause the song to re-generate.
- If importing a MIDI file, drum notes with duration zero do not play.
- Edit > Song Form > Unfold does not remove the tag ending.
- Changing multiple bars in the Bar Settings dialog will not be displayed on the chord sheet or title bar.
- Issue with ties in loading XML files.
- Some .mxl files would not load.
- Melody > Generate Soundtrack > Load Soundtrack song... causes "File problem" error.
- Misc. Feature Browser and PDF manual updates.
- Several of the "1TrackVocalSection" variations of the "RockNRollGospel12-8 Vocal Mmms" RealTracks were broken
- Updated: PDF Manual and help file routine updates.
Other RealTracks Improvements:
- "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
- Unfold feature not working with some songs
- Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
- Chord superscripts
- Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
- Undo removes all chords after opening a song
- Buzzing sound in Studio One
- Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
- Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
- Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
- All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
- Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
- Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
- Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
- Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
- Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
- Opening plugin when the DAW has altered tempo shows sync tempo indicator despite the match
- typing roman numerals in Normal display makes them show as superscripts
- Dragging tracks not working properly
- Changing track does not delete old file (if not dragged).
- Selected Host shows duplicates in the list
- Double clicking on empty track should not launch a picker
- Generate state should reset when all tracks are replaced
- Added: About to File Menu
- Added: "year" to plugin name
- remove sync tempo button if already synced
- improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)
- Issues transposing chords correctly
- "Key" field shows unrelated text
- Auto-Generate runs after File->New and previous style is loaded
- Sync tempo button not working
- Issues with focusing plugin when running bbApp
- Not repainting after opening track context menu
- Problem transposing chords to "natural accidentals" when explicitly typed in "unnatural" way (ie: Cm chords in Key of C)
- Closing plugin window in DAW should close any open bb windows for that instance
- Issues remaining with scrolling
- P should be a hotkey for part marker toggle (but not interfere with entering titles etc).
- Nashville Notation font
- Issue calling bbApp to localize strings when changing language
- File-New should preserve the style name
- add checkbox to toggle buttons
- Added: Shortcuts file feature
- Cannot enter some chords in chord sheet
- Generate makes VST jump to background
- Added: opening song file with wav of same name should load it into audio track
- "Generating Style" not translating properly
- scroll wheel on mouse wheel not scrolling track table
- make flashing generate more subtle (maybe small light indicator like tempo sync)
- focus taken from plugin when initializing band-in-a-box
- get focus for all windows in bbapp
- up-key and down-key not going to empty page in track table
- adding audio file from master + menu adds it to audio track
- Visual transpose +0/+12 not working in alternate chord displays
- Visual transpose increases bottom label size on every change
- Visual Transpose not saving properly
- Visual transpose not resetting when starting new session
- SavedTracks folder can't be external
- pulsating buttons
- unfold/fold should not trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- adding/changing track after generating should trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- generated added/changed track should not trigger "Song Is Dirty"
- close bbApp if open when changing folder paths
- bb connection icon not repainting after style picker
Summary of changes for build 713
- Simple options now available for these MSTs:
Piano, Soloist RhythmChangesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Soloist JazzBluesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompMiles Sw 140
Piano, Rhythm JazzBluesCompMiles Sw 140
- RealCharts improved for:
Bass, Electric, MerengueAB Ev16 130
- Simple tags added, and better transitions between chords for:
Piano, Acoustic, Soloist RhythmChangesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBluesMiles Sw 140
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzBluesCompMiles Sw 140
- The abbreviated name for 'Fiddle, BackgroundSoloist MommasPrayerAndy Sw 085' had "Mandolin" in the name.
- This RealTrack will work slightly better over all chords:
Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 190
- RealCharts were incorrect for:
Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16ths Ev16 075
Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Songwriter16thsHigh Ev16 075
- Better transitions for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085
- Improved RealCharts for:
Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBluesRock Ev 110
- Simple option now available, and better transition between chords for:
Guitar, Resonator, Background CountryWaltzRandy Sw 110
- Simple option now available for:
Guitar, Resonator, Rhythm Folk8thsRandy Ev 085
- Simple options now available for these RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks:
Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm RockabillyMike Sw 190 (MST)
Organ, Rhythm BluesSlow128Mike Sw 065 (RT & MST)
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyJazzJohn Sw 190 (RT)
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzClassicJohn Sw 110
- Some chords were playing incorrectly for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkSlowSw16Mike Sw16 060 (RT)
Piano, Rhythm FolkSlowSw16Mike Sw16 060 (MST)"
- RealCharts & simple version now available for:
Bass, Acoustic, OldTimeFastWaltz Sw 165
- Simple options available for:
Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085
Cello, Background CelticHornpipeFlowingNatalie Sw16 070
Cello, Background CelticWaltzNatalie Ev 100
Cello, Rhythm Celtic SlipjigChoppingNatalie Sw 110
Cello, Rhythm CelticHornpipeChopNatalie Sw16 070
Cello, Rhythm CelticJigChoppingNatalieAB Sw 110
Cello, Rhythm CelticReelChoppingNatalieAB Ev16 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist LaidBackBluesyBrent Ev 100
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladBrent Ev 065
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopBrent Ev 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist Slow12-8Brent Sw 040
Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldHighDarin Ev16 090
Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 090
- RealCharts now available for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AtmosphereWaltzArpDarin Ev 120
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm IslandGroove Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaFastPunk Ev16 180
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CelticReelDADGAD Ev16 110
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm RumbaFlamencaBallad Ev16 090"
- Some issues with RealCharts fixed:
Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085"
- Improved "Hi-Q" RealCharts for:
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPop16thsHighZane Ev16 0
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSlow16thsZane Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSw16Zane Sw16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernPopSwingZane Sw 085
- Improved chord transitions for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatJohn Ev 130
- Some wrong notes fixed for MIDI Supertracks:
Piano, Solo-Accompaniment CountryPopJohn Ev 085
Piano, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 180"
- Improved RealCharts for:
Bass, Electric, IslandGrooveAB Ev16 100
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzBluesCompOlly Sw 140
Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzBluesOlly Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist JazzBluesPJ Sw 140
Steel Drum, Rhythm IslandGroove Ev16 100"
- Minor fixes for:
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockNRollJohn Ev 165"
- Simple tags available for these MSTs:
Shakuhachi, Synth, Background NewAge Ev 110
Synth, Rhythm Rock80s Ev 120
Bass, Synth, Rhythm JazzFunkFat Ev 110
Koto, Synth, Rhythm NewAge Ev 110
Synth, Background JazzFunkLead Ev 110"
- Improved transcriptions, simple tags available and riff selection improved
Bass, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBluesNeilAB Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist JazzBluesPJ Sw 140
Sax, Tenor, Soloist RhythmChangesPJ Sw 140
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvilleRadioBalladDanny Ev16 075
Bass, Electric, AmericanaPop8thsSteveAB Ev 100
Bass, Electric, Americana16thsSteveAB Ev16 075
Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soca Ev16 120
Bass, Electric, AmericanaSlow12-8SteveAB Sw 040
Guitar, Electric, Background SocaSingle-note Ev16 120
Guitar, Baritone Electric, Background AmericanaTremBrent Ev16 075
- Some endings were playing incorrectly:
Piano, Electric, HeldChords 120
- Simple Tags added for these RealTracks:
Guitar, Electric, Soloist BossaSlow Ev 085
Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm IslandJohn Ev 110
- Other RealTracks updated as needed if there is a newer version available.
Summary of Changes for DAW Plugin Update 2.4.5
- Fixed: Rendered audio files might be silent if mono and 24 bit are selected.
- Fixed: Possible crash when rendering to audio at 48.0kHz or 96.0kHz sample rate.
- Improved: Better support for localized versions.
- Fixed: Importing audio files that were 96 kHz sampling rate would fail.
- Fixed: The [More Info...] button in the Artist Browser dialog would launch the wrong web page.
- Fixed: Importing an ABCNotation file would not include the key signature.
- Fixed: ABC files only opening some chords.
- Fixed: Problem storing minor keys.(ampersand).
- Fixed: A few artists not displaying properly in Artist Browsers.
- Improved: RealDrums Picker information for the 2020 RealDrums has been updated/improved.
- Fixed: Some of the RealDrums from the 2020 release did not have drum groove names.
- Improved: All of the 2020 MIDI SuperTracks now have memos.
- Fixed: Some RealTracks were listed under the incorrect Set# in the RealTracks Picker.
- Fixed: _Gentle style from Xtra PAK 4 had an acoustic guitar set to Held mode.
- Fixed: Some ska style demos had drum drop outs.
- Fixed: Rendered files were not being normalized.
- Fixed: Pressing spacebar in the Notation window might launch a web browser instead of starting playback.
- Fixed: Practice window | Master Solos | Blues Piano, displays N/A.
- Fixed: MusicXML files created by Band-in-a-Box cannot be loaded by Band-in-a-Box if song title contains & (ampersand).
- Fixed: Japanese lyrics are garbage text when saving to MusicXML.
- Fixed: Various animations (eg. Guitar window notes) would freeze during playback if using MME drivers.
- Fixed: With some computers, distorted audio when soloing a track.
- Fixed: Changing a custom track label had no option to Undo, and did not prompt user to save song.
- Updated: Manual/Help [routine updates]
- Fixed: When re-saving a song that has an audio track, the audio track was not copied.
- Fixed: Dropping a song file onto Band-in-a-Box did not set the current directory.
- Fixed: The RealTracks picker window should remember its location when reopening.
- Fixed: The Piano Roll window was opening at the wrong bar location.
- Improved: Better quality audio resampling when rendering audio to higher sample rates.
- Fixed: Resampler quality setting in ASIO drivers dialog was ignored.
- Fixed: Using WAS audio drivers with 24 bit & 48kHz output rate might result in noise.
Summary of changes for build 709
- Fixed: Opening Band-in-a-Box song files (.sgu) would fail if the file names and/or paths contained any European language characters (eg. à,è).
- Fixed: Message if bbw4 has no valid handle
- Fixed: Mute and sync buttons not working properly
- Fixed: Clicking cancel would lag before cancelling
- Fixed: Right-click anywhere on track for context menu
- Fixed: Increase maximum chord sheet font size
- Added: Double click track name to launch picker of currently selected track
- Added: Flashing GENERATE button to notify if song needs to be regenerated
- Added: Mute and sync buttons to track context menu
- Added: Right-click chord opens bar settings menu at that bar
- Added: Error code for bbw4 related error messages
- Fixed: Plugin asking to save when booting the plugin and selecting File/Open
- Fixed: Crash when running vst3 plugin in reaper
- Fixed: Scroll bar margins when resizing plugin
- Fixed: Bar settings not saving
- Fixed: Time Base, and Natural Arrangement not saving settings
- Fixed: Calling bbw4 when already open will bring windows to front
- Fixed: Tool tips in Preferences Dialog
- Fixed: Time signature should be set from DAW when first opened
- Fixed: Set "..." colours for truncated chords to black
- Fixed: Selected track in table should be more obvious
- Fixed: Click YES to Save dialog and then cancel will reset save state to true
- Added: Right click for track table context menu
- Added: Medley/Multi (thickening) feature
Summary of changes for build 708
- Fixed: If opening a song from version 2019 or earlier, any Audio Chord Wizard bar lines might be offset.
- Fixed: Access violation in Song Titles browser if no song is selected when clicking [Close].
- Fixed: If running the Feature Browser from one of the [?] buttons, the [Do It] would not "do it".
- Fixed: The Drop Station would not update if dropping a file onto Presonus Studio One.
- Fixed: Dragging from the Drop Station directly onto Band-in-a-Box should only be allowed if dragging onto the Audio Edit window.
- Fixed: Dropping an audio file in Audio Edit window should assume location zero if dropping outside of the wave area.
- Updated: Many of the memos in the RealTracks Picker.
- Improved: Drum transcriptions for several RealDrums have been improved or added. This includes BossaBrazilBrushPercAlex^, BluesRock128^, AmericanaSlow128Fred, BossaBrazilPercAlex^, BossaBrushesPerc^, HipHop, RockHardModernEv8^, SmoothJazzBallad^, PopRockWaltzEv,SideStickHat,Ride
- Improved: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzBluesCompMiles Sw 140 (RT3507) and Bass, Acoustic, JazzBluesNeilAB Sw 140 (RT3476) play better as rhythm styles with more natural sounding phrase selection.
- Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzBluesCompOlly Sw 140 (RT3480) was silent over some chords.
- Improved: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompMiles Sw 140 (RT3506) and Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompOlly Sw 140 (RT3471) have smoother playing on some chord types.
- Improved: Bass, Acoustic, RhythmChangesNeilAB Sw 140 (RT3476) Improved riff variations for some chords, smoother playback.
Summary of changes for build 707
- Added: Several Drums transcriptions added (SurfRock, Shaker, and Bongo styles).
- Updated: RealTracks memos for the RealTracks Picker are improved/updated.
- Fixed: 2020 Tooltips may not have displayed correctly or at all.
- Added: Some new styles and demos added to MIDI SuperTracks Set 31.
- Added: Many new styles and demos added to RT Sets 329-352, and the bonus PAK.
- Fixed: Crash with error "external exception C06D007F" while launching if using Windows XP.
- Improved: Feature Browser button.
- Fixed: The Piano Roll window was not redrawing after Edit > Undo.
- Fixed: The Delete key was not working in the Piano Roll Window.
- Fixed: Possible Invalid pointer error when using the Guitar Chord Solo generator.
- Fixed: Blank icons in the StyleMaker window.
- Fixed: Access violation when generating audio harmonies.
- Fixed: (DAW Plugin) Audio harmonized voices transcribed to separate tracks was not working.
DAW Plugin Update 2.2.8
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box is run as administrator, dropping files onto the main window did not work.
- Improved: If Band-in-a-Box is run as administrator, the About dialog window title will include "running as administrator”.
- Fixed: If running Band-in-a-Box in safe mode, the Audio Chord Wizard did not produce any chords.
- Fixed: Possible freeze when importing compressed audio files.
- Fixed: The Guitar window was not saving its width between program sessions.
- Fixed: It was not possible to change the Guitar fretboard color.
- Fixed: The Guitar window did not display the capo.
- Improved: Guitar capo setting can be changed by right-clicking the fret position bar.
- Improved: Feature Browser has more video links now.
- Updated: PDF Manual/Help (routine updates)
Summary of changes for build 705
- Added: p hotkey for adding part markers in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Dragging all Multi-Riffs only drags tracks 2 - 7.
- Fixed: Plugin opens songs with flats instead of sharps.
- Fixed: Tag shortcuts should auto enable tags.
- Fixed: Adding tags with 1 chorus should show an error message.
- Fixed: Plugin asking user to save when nothing was edited.
- Fixed: Multi-Riffs not playing in sync with host.
- Fixed: Midi sending empty messages during synced audio playback.
- Fixed: GENERATE button only generating Multi-Riffs of entire song (even when section was highlighted).
- Fixed: Octave doubling would be incorrect.
- Fixed: Spurious log error messages.
DAW Plugin 2.1.5
- Added: Several "Multi" RealTracks added for vocals and horns (RealTracks Picker).
- Fixed: Some RealStyles were being categorized as all-MIDI styles.
- Fixed: File > Open Special > Open MusicXML File... was filtering out compressed .mxl files.
- Fixed: Dropping a .musicxml or .mxl file onto Band-in-a-Box was not accepted.
- Fixed: Audio harmonized voices transcribed to Soloist track should be on channels 1-4 instead of channel 2.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might freeze during bootup after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Fixed: Audio artifacts at bar lines when using Equalize Tempos feature.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash if selecting a Hi-Q patch on the same track more than once.
- Fixed: The Audio Edit window did not always ensure that the current playback position was scrolled into view.
- Fixed: When dropping an audio file onto the Audio Edit window, the "Snap" setting was ignored.
- Improved: Thickened is displayed in RealTracks names in RealTracks picker (and other RealTracks picker dialogs), and on mixer for RealTracks names. In RealTracks picker, searching for word "thickened" will show only thickened RealTracks.
- Improved: Speed of some operations when searching and filtering for styles.
- Fixed: DAW Plugin - Rebuild and Fix buttons in RealTracks picker now called ReBuild and it justs rebuilds the RealTracks list.
- Added: Many styles and demos added to MIDI SuperTracks Sets 30 and 31.
- Added: Many new styles and demos added to RT Sets 329-352, and the bonus PAK.
- Updated: PDF Manuals and help (routine updates).
- Fixed: Medleys and Thickened RealTracks were not playing in proper stereo.
- Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected renders the wrong region.
- Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected causes the Choose Range dialog to appear.
- Fixed: Drag & drop render to audio with region of bars selected causes corrupt .wav file if not 16bit, 44.1kHz.
- Fixed: Rendering was a bit slower than necessary when exporting 16 bit, 44.1kHz.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box may become unresponsive after rendering to audio.
- Fixed: The Sinsy Vocal Synth would fail if using the 64 bit version.
- Fixed: When using the Sinsy Vocal Synth feature, the Import Audio File dialog is not needed.
- Fixed: Various audio formats would fail to import.
- Fixed: FakeSheet button in the Custom tool panel was not displaying the check mark.
- Added: [Reset to Zero] button added to Import Audio File dialog.
Summary of changes for build 704
- Fixed: Generate Custom (This Page) not working
- Fixed: Crash when opening saved plugin with part marker on bar 2 and
none on bar 1
- Fixed: A,B does not get entered into chord sheet
- Fixed: Chords being displayed in Roman Numeral without user setting
- Fixed: Plugin getting stuck while connecting to bbw4
- Added: context menu option in style page to use existing RT as MR
- Added: undo/redo functionality (chordsheet only)
(Dec 2, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 703
- Fixed: Possible crash when starting playback if song contains audio track.
- Fixed: Flickering in the Notation Window, especially during playback.
- Fixed: Flickering in the Piano Roll window.
- Fixed: Help menu item "Activate Band-in-a-Box" should say "De-Activate" if the user is already activated.
- Updated: PDF manuals have miscellaneous fixes.
(Nov 30, 2019)
- Incorrect package/version problem when running download manager utility
PG Music Inc.
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows
Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.
Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!
"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops
Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.
To watch Henry's video, click here.
Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.
Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®
Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.
Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)
Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!
On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!
Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212
What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!
Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!
COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!
Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!
If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.
Learn more about this patch and download it here.
Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020
"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...
With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker
Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!
Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing
Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!
Like the latest post from Tangmo:
My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2
I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.
Great job, folks!
Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac
Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM