Options
Index
#598295 - 05/20/20 03:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I love the blues and you could easily have this one sold on Alligator records and this is better than a lot of what they sell.

Outstanding guitar tone and chops! A great vocal, super backing tracks, and a perfect mix.

I agree that this sounds like a Robert Cray song.

I have many of the same influences. I have a number of blues vinyl in my collection. Have you listened to Albert King? Taj Mahal?
Keb Mo?

Hi Mario,
You're very kind with your comments.
Once again, coming from a guitarist I really appreciate those kind words.
Cheers,
ROG.

#598384 - 05/21/20 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: ROG]
BabuMusic Offline
Journeyman

Oh, man, Rog, I grew up with the same diet. I've read your menu and they are all some of my favorite foods. You have really digested them well and spit out some incredible blues here. EVERYTHING in the mix is superb. Great band, GREAT BLUES. Makes me hungry for more.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box & Cakewalk

#598570 - 05/22/20 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Robertkc]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
ROG,
This all works so well- the humour in the lyrics, kind of deadpan vocal delivery, great bass lines and awesome guitar.
Very, very good... longer wold have been my only wish!

Robert

Hi Robert,
Many thanks for the positive review - much appreciated.
I'll try to make the next one longer!
Cheers,
ROG.

#598571 - 05/22/20 02:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: PeterF]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rog

Enjoyed that a lot, very nice.
Had a Pink Floyd like blues sound - especially the vocal.

Excellent.

Peter

Hi Peter,
Many thanks for the nice comments, especially the Pink Floyd reference - very pleased with that.
Cheers,
ROG.

#598572 - 05/22/20 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Greg Johnson]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
LOVE THIS!!! It is such a rich mix, and has that great old 70's rock sound!!!.....reminds me of Dire Straits! GREAT!!! Take care Greg

Hi Greg,
I'm a longstanding fan of Dire Straits, so pleased about that.
Thanks for the review and all the nice comments.
Cheers,
ROG.

#598573 - 05/22/20 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Leon1]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi ROG
It was the Beano album that first led me to explore Clapton's influences and started my life-long love affair with the blues. Really enjoyed this. Great work on the tele. 'Get a job' made me think of the Silhouettes' 1957 hit of the same name, which always gives me a chuckle.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,
It seems there are lots of us who were listening to the Beano album around that time.
I think it was the second blues album I bought - Lightning Hopkins was the first!
Many thanks for looking in and the kind review.
Cheers,
ROG.

#599010 - 05/25/20 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: TuneMonger]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Yeah, really good with those live instruments and def gave me that Smoking Gun Robert Cray feel. Excellent work!

Hi TuneMonger,
Thanks for looking in and the review - much appreciated.
Cheers,
ROG.

#599011 - 05/25/20 02:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: dani48]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, ROG !

Outstanding has been used as
an accolade for this absolute
superb blues and ....well what
other superlative could come
in question regarding it !

Hey ROG this is one of your
absolute best so far !

Stay safe !

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani,
Always pleased to see your name on my review list.
Many thanks for all the nice comments.
Cheers,
ROG.

#599012 - 05/25/20 02:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Chris Dent]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Great stuff.

I could cite those exact same influences!

Hi Chris,
Many thanks.
Yes, it seems quite a few of us were listening to the same artists back then.
Cheers,
ROG.

#599366 - 05/27/20 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Janice & Bud]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Wow! Janice's first comment was that it reminded her of Mayall. It would've fit right in on his 70th Birthday Album...particularly with the horns.

Your voice, tele (great tone) and bass absolutely nailed the groove. When it comes to the blues you either have it or you don't...not much in between smile

You and the sax guy sound like you've been sitting in together for a while...really great use of that RT.

Oh yeah, the lyric is super cool.

MORE!!

J&B

Hi J&B,

You really are too kind!
Back in the 80s I played on a lot of sessions with the same sax guy and he
always left these little gaps for the guitar to fill. After a while, you get
to know how the other guy is thinking and on this track, I thought it might
be fun to try to recreate that with an RT. I enjoyed doing it and I'm pleased
it worked for you as well.
Many thanks for the listen and all the nice comments.

Cheers,
ROG.

#599367 - 05/27/20 03:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: BabuMusic]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, man, Rog, I grew up with the same diet. I've read your menu and they are all some of my favorite foods. You have really digested them well and spit out some incredible blues here. EVERYTHING in the mix is superb. Great band, GREAT BLUES. Makes me hungry for more.

Hi Marty,
Thanks very much for looking in on this and for all the positives - much appreciated.
Cheers,
ROG.

#599493 - 05/28/20 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: ROG]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Sweet tone. That's also some good lyric crafting.

Good song and I enjoyed it.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#600121 - 06/01/20 03:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Guitarhacker]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Sweet tone. That's also some good lyric crafting.

Good song and I enjoyed it.

Hi Herb,
Many thanks for the listen and review - much appreciated.
Cheers,
ROG.

#600348 - 06/03/20 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: ROG]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Always love a good blues song, so heartfelt and emotional. Love the moral of the story "Get A Job", right on!! There's no free lunch.

#600382 - 06/04/20 05:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: GET A JOB (BLUES) [Re: Belladonna]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Always love a good blues song, so heartfelt and emotional. Love the moral of the story "Get A Job", right on!! There's no free lunch.

Hi Belladonna,
Some fifty years ago I was playing guitar on studio session and this old guy, one
of the brass section, said to me - "Always play from the heart and you won't go far wrong".
It's some of the best advice I've ever received and I've tried to follow it ever since.
It's one of the things I liked about your recent song - you sing from the heart.
Many thanks for looking in and for the review - much appreciated.
ROG.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

Forum Stats
32450 Members
68 Forums
65098 Topics
551540 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Richard W., Ukulele Joe, georgios, PALMA, newbestblog

32450 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 180
Jim Fogle 144