Options
Index
#597215 - 05/13/20 04:30 AM [User Showcase] New song - Segðu mér
Loc: Iceland
Ari Baldursson Offline

Song name: Segðu mér
Youtube: https://youtu.be/EXcJztngMuw
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/3XNaeRh4keTKFPyN0ieCaw?si=5i3TsAzHTdqrF3vcNxVJsg

DAW: Studio One
Added 2 track. One with Icy piano sound and another with some strings in the chorus.
Master: CloudBounce

****** Band In A Box Song Summary *************
Title: Segðu mér
File:Segðu mér.SGU
Key=F, Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:42
4 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 36. Repeat x3 choruses, tag ending, after bar 36
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _BRITPOP.STY (Classic British Pop)

RealTracks in style: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 888:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBronx Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1270:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopUpliftSyncMuted Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: ~1033:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1756:Pedal Steel, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 3203:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopBrent Ev 110
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Lyric: Written in Icelandic. It is about how everything brightens up in the springtime and how important it is to focus on what makes you feel good and keeps you happy. It is never to late to change your opinion to life and move foreward. Those are my thoughts now, when everything seems to be falling apart...

#597219 - 05/13/20 04:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there midlari,

First of all, welcome to the forum
and what a great song to start off with.

Great backing track with an excellent choice of instruments. Loved the solo.
Wonderful vocal and harmonies and a great message for these uncertain times,
even if I couldn't quite understand your native language.

Nicely mixed as well.

Hope to see and hear more of you around here.

ROG.

#597220 - 05/13/20 04:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Some of the best (and poppiest) music we've heard from your part of the world for a while. The orchestration presents a great accompaniment. The pedal steel sits quite nicely.

Yes, it certainly has the ability to brighten any springtime.

Nice write. Well done.

BIAB & RB2023 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#597247 - 05/13/20 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Ari,

Well done. Bright and catchy.

Excellent use of BIAB. Good vocal. Good mix.

An enjoyable listen.

Welcome to the Showcase...

fj

#597380 - 05/14/20 12:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Veteran

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Very impressive indeed. Catchy tune that my wife found herself humming. 'Earworm'? smile
Any chance of English lyrics?
The singing is great and the BB BT has turned out very well.
Cheers
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1

#597397 - 05/14/20 02:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Ari Baldursson Offline

Thank you, guys, for your comments.
I would like to tell a little about what I am doing. Making music is my hobby and in this CORONA crises I got a lot of inspiration. Also, after a tough winter you appreciate the springtime a lot.

I use Band in a Box to make backing tracs of cover songs for my One-man-band and demos for my own creations as well. I have had musicians helping me recording some of my songs, but this is the first one I publish where I do everything on my own with help of BIAB.
Right now, I am working on some more songs which came out of this situation. All are born in similar way. I get idea with help of my guitar. Then I move over to BIAB and find appropriate style, chord progression and tempo. I also try out a lot of real tracks that could make sense in my song. All tracks are then converted to wav and dragged into Studio One DAW program to do the final touch. Sometimes I go back to BIAB and make some changes. You can call this a prototyping development. The target is to make a demo for recording later. I have some friends playing with me now to get something done.

The best way I find to make a lyric is to get out jogging with the melody in my head and start puzzling the words. Write it down when I am back home and fine tune. Next time I go out for a jog some new words might pop up. It seems like the theme of the lyric is already there when the melody takes form. For me it is often clear from the very beginning of this process, what the song is about. It might happen the other way around as well.

This song writing is fun and gives me a lot. If someone else like it, it is a bonus.
Have fun,
Ari

#597415 - 05/14/20 05:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia

Yes I agree. Very well done.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Ari,

Well done. Bright and catchy.

Excellent use of BIAB. Good vocal. Good mix.

An enjoyable listen.

Welcome to the Showcase...

fj

#597478 - 05/14/20 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune. Super vocal and backtrack and of course Well come to the forum. Look forward to hearing more of your tunes

#598807 - 05/24/20 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
This is an all around great production. Excellent vocals, great mixing, excellent use of BIAB, catchy, engaging. Glad to see a new face and some new sounds at the forum.

If you are interested in feedback, I have a couple questions. If not, then please disregard. I really like the song overall, and it's super easy to listen to, and you're skillset is way beyond anything where I can offer critical advice. With that said, it almost sounded like I was listening to two different songs interspersed with each other. For example, at 1:29, there's sort of a bouncy, swinging thing going with the vocals, then at 1:45 it totally shifts gears into more of a crooning country style that is reminiscent of a track from the movie "Urban Cowboy." The harmonization in that part is really nice. If your intention was to mix these styles together, then that's fine - I was just a bit surprised by the shifts.

Cheers from Chicago!

Edited by EdZ314 (05/24/20 10:13 AM)

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

#598816 - 05/24/20 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent pop. Engaging verse, chorus sounds great.

Nice vocals, good mix. I liked the interplay between the instruments.

I can't speak to the lyrics, obviously, but the feel matches your summary.

Fun! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#598937 - 05/25/20 06:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: EdZ314]
Ari Baldursson Offline

Hello EdZ314.
Thank you very much for taking your time to listen to my song. I really appreciate your comment and I like the way you analyse it. It was my intention to make the chorus sound more life/happy/forward (I am not sure how to put it in words) than the verses.
I like the result very much. I guess you know how this works. If it sounds good and you feel satisfied, then keep it that way.

#598938 - 05/25/20 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Rob4580]
Ari Baldursson Offline

Thanks Rob4580

#598939 - 05/25/20 06:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Scott C]
Ari Baldursson Offline

Thank you, Scott.
I will for sure upload some more of my songs for you to enjoy.

#598941 - 05/25/20 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: dcuny]
Ari Baldursson Offline

Thank you, dcuny.
It would be fun to get someone to write a lyric in English and hear what difference that would make to the mood of the song. Unfortunately, I am not able to write in other languages than Icelandic.
Regards,
Ari

#598955 - 05/25/20 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

The optimism surely shows in the arrangement, melody, and sounds of the band and voice. Just enough minor tonality to contrast, but the overall vibe is definitely up=beat and life-affirming. Very, very nicely done.

on a side note: There are already plenty of songs in English. Use your language as it comes to you on your jogs. Nothing can be perfectly translated, and unless there is an idiom that resonates just by its difference, something is always lost. There is a reason for Icelandic. There is a reason for English. An English version might be a perfectly good song, but it won't be the same song. Just my thoughts earned from living in a household with two languages.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#723337 - 07/07/22 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Well, I understood it quite well, so... wink

It took a near decade, but now there's (finally) another one, yayh! laugh

#723366 - 07/07/22 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

You have a well written pop song right there. Bright and positive vibes are reflected in the music which is what you indicated the lyrics are saying in Icelandic.

There's a lot of good music coming in from new players in this forum and this is a good example of that new crop of musicians and writers.

I hear some echos of Lobo in there.... (Lobo was a pop artist in the US decades ago. Me & You & a Dog named Boo among other hits)

Clean mix with good vocals too.

Welcome to the family

Edited by Guitarhacker (07/07/22 12:57 PM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#723374 - 07/07/22 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I agree with most everything that has been said thus far

Great pop song

Excellent vocal - Please don't try to sing this is English. A native language song flows so much nicer than trying a second language, unless of course you are very fluent in the second language

Super instrumentation and mix

Outstanding song

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#723395 - 07/08/22 05:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - Segðu mér [Re: Ari Baldursson]
Loc: United States
Dewey_MI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United States
I don't understand the lyrics but it is a very well put together song. Great use of BIAB to highlight the vocals and it's obvious where the chorus is - btw, nice melodic lift to the chorus.

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37083 Members
64 Forums
77104 Topics
683453 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ecoxgear, ghess1000, Kelly (Gaynor), pa1000ul, caifang

37083 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 175
MarioD 156