You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#597304 - 05/13/20 01:55 PM [User Showcase] When The Walls Come Down
Loc: UK
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Hi all, this is a recent song in a Fiddle Rock style that was inspired by Qanon, I had certain politicians in mind when I wrote it - and they certainly know all about a good fiddle.

WWG1WGA :-)

My very dodgy vocal is just a guide as I'm not really a singer! but the band is excellent.

On screen lyric video at:

https://www.djhsongs.co.uk/osl-whenthewalls

Cheers,
David

When The Walls Come Down
When the walls come down
Will you stand your ground
When the rubble starts to fall
Will it worry you at all
Or will you just walk away, say it's not to do with me
Ignoring all the blood, pretend your hands are clean
When the walls come down

When the people turn
And they will when they learn
Of all the things you've done
There'll be nowhere to run
You can't hide from the truth, It's gonna hunt you down
No matter where you go, You can never sleep sound
When the people turn

Chorus
I believe life has a way
To make the guilty pay
And justice has you in it's sight
It's too late for you to change
All the pain to come your way
And nothing you can do to fight

The time will come for you to face
All those choices that you made

When the truth comes to call
You'll hear the knocking on the door
And it's the sound of doom
You'll recognise it soon
It won't be safe for you, to walk upon the street
Coz everyone will know you're complicit in deceit
When the truth comes to call

Repeat Chorus

The time will come for you to face
All those choices that you made
The time has come for you to pay
No better time No better place

Style is _MFIDROK.STY (Medium Fiddle-Based Rock)

RealTracks in style: 995:Bass, Electric, HardRockLA Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 999:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 996:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1753:Fiddle, Background Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2975:Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2355:Sax, Baritone, Background StraightBluesGary Ev 120
RealDrums [in style:RockHardLA^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Loose HiHat

BIAB 2021 PlusPAK, Reaper, W10

#597475 - 05/14/20 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune. Loved the chord progression. Super vocal and lyric. Well done

#597586 - 05/15/20 04:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: Scott C]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent tune. Loved the chord progression. Super vocal and lyric. Well done

Thanks Scott, much appreciated. I wasn't sure if the vocal was a bit dodgy with trying to sound gruff but I think it works with the subject matter.

Cheers,
David

#597655 - 05/15/20 08:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Cool one!! Right there with you, Qanon.

#597662 - 05/15/20 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Cool song. Lyrics are good. Your vocals are perfect for this song. Good production.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#597663 - 05/15/20 09:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
I reckon the sax could be centred for its solo.
The vocals suit the song well but when the sax is in te mix there's a fair bit of freq overlap so one or the other needs some carving and the vox definitely could use a little level boost.
The lyrics are interesting but could easily be used/exploited by either side of the truth.
The last verse is VERY Cohen from 1st We Take Manhattan.
Cool song.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#597719 - 05/16/20 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey, this sounds really cool man!

Good job.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#597730 - 05/16/20 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Great song! I think you have a very good voice. I think it should be a tad louder in spots as it is hard to hear in places.

I liked the lyrics, your vocal, chord progression and the groove. Great work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#598234 - 05/20/20 02:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: Belladonna]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks all for taking a listen and the valuable feedback. I have now adjusted the vocal and re-uploaded.

Cheers,
David

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Cool one!! Right there with you, Qanon.

Thanks Belladonna, still trusting the plan!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Cool song. Lyrics are good. Your vocals are perfect for this song. Good production.

Cheers jpt, much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: rayc
I reckon the sax could be centred for its solo.
The vocals suit the song well but when the sax is in te mix there's a fair bit of freq overlap so one or the other needs some carving and the vox definitely could use a little level boost.
The lyrics are interesting but could easily be used/exploited by either side of the truth.
The last verse is VERY Cohen from 1st We Take Manhattan.
Cool song.

Thanks Ray, I had left a bit of space in the instrumental section as I'd hoped to get a friend to put a bit of lead guitar in there. I have now boosted the vocal and the sax a bit and re-uploaded.

Hopefully the real truth will come out soon!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey, this sounds really cool man!

Good job.

Thanks David

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great song! I think you have a very good voice. I think it should be a tad louder in spots as it is hard to hear in places.

I liked the lyrics, your vocal, chord progression and the groove. Great work.

Thanks Mario, I have adjusted the vocal and made it louder. I do have a tendency to keep my voice down in the mix.

#598382 - 05/21/20 08:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Hey, David, from one dodgy vocalist to another, your voice sounds perfect here. Love the lyrics, too.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#598393 - 05/21/20 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Great song, enjoyed the listed a lot

#600430 - 06/04/20 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: BabuMusic]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hey, David, from one dodgy vocalist to another, your voice sounds perfect here. Love the lyrics, too.

Thanks Marty, I can be a bit over critical of my voice as I'm sure we all are at times, but I console myself that it's only meant to be a guide vocal :-)

Originally Posted By: furry
Great song, enjoyed the listed a lot

Cheers Graham, thanks for listening.

All the best,
David

#600435 - 06/04/20 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Usually, when I write tunes like this, the listener knows who I'm talking about..... So, who were you talking about?

I like the darkness and the rebelliousness in it. At one point there towards the end, I thought the Sax was a bit too "happy" sounding for the song. If you know what I mean. Of course, me being me, I would have crunched down a bit harder with the guitars.... but that's just me.

I liked it.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#600454 - 06/04/20 12:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: djames]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
djames,

I liked this one as well (having just listened to “There’s Something Going On”. Your vocal is just fine for this song—actually fits the sounds and vibe quite well. Like the added heaviness musically in that bridge; and great sax work here. Good stuff!

All my best,

Deej

#602560 - 06/18/20 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: When The Walls Come Down [Re: Guitarhacker]
djames Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Usually, when I write tunes like this, the listener knows who I'm talking about..... So, who were you talking about?

I like the darkness and the rebelliousness in it. At one point there towards the end, I thought the Sax was a bit too "happy" sounding for the song. If you know what I mean. Of course, me being me, I would have crunched down a bit harder with the guitars.... but that's just me.

I liked it.

Hi Herb, specifically?....for some reason the image for me was an American politician allegedly involved with the Standard Hotel.

Yes I know what you mean about the Sax, I thought it was a bit "cheeky" - I can imagine the sax player giving a wink as he plays it :-) no doubt wearing a hat at a jaunty angle!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
djames,

I liked this one as well (having just listened to “There’s Something Going On”. Your vocal is just fine for this song—actually fits the sounds and vibe quite well. Like the added heaviness musically in that bridge; and great sax work here. Good stuff!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks Deej, the vocal does settle down as it progresses, and listening to it again now, I think I was overly concerned as it's quite a put on voice. Yes the sax player is great - bit cheeky but he's a big hit with the ladies :-)

I love BIAB!

Thanks again for listening and commenting,
David

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Mac Special - ENDS TODAY (July 15th)

It's the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT TODAY (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Xtra Styles PAK 11 - Special Ends on Thursday!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs Special ENDS at 11:59pm PDT on July 15th!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

Order during our special and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special (ending July 15th), all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until July 15th, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Special - Ends Thursday!

It's almost over! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac special ends this Thursday (July 15th)!

Save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Thursday (July 15, 2021)!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac at: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

The FREE Bonus PAK & 49-PAK are packed with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2021 packages, but for even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you have any questions, contact us -we're here to help!

Forum Stats
34670 Members
66 Forums
70192 Topics
605645 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Meditation Music, TexReed, kellyhubbard90, Eimante, jhbennett

34670 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 128
Pipeline 123