For You

The Band:

2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075
1002:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockA-B Ev16 065
803:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065

Bass Guitar: Marty Straub, aka BabuMusic
Drums: EZDrummer2

I'm playing the lead guitar.

Mixed with Reaper, mastered with Ozone9, all details available on request.

For you (2020, Christiane Spruit)

Without a warning
when skies come down on you
nothing you can hold on to
and nothing what you can do
Trying to live my life without you
Longing
everything that I do ,whatever I will turn
Half of my heart, your part
fallen and torn apart from you
I do
I will try to hold on , for you
at the end of a day
I am learning to stay
out of the rain
don't want to hear it
that tomorrow is another day
and life will move on that way
But at the end of a day
Longing
whatever I do, whatever I will turn to
Longing
Longing
trying to live my life
I have to learn
to stay out of the rain

Also have a video:

Also up on soundcloud (audio not as good): For You

All comments welcome!

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 05/20/20 11:25 PM. Reason: added soundcloud link
BlueAttitude #598118 05/19/20 03:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

What a good song you made (again)!
I enjoyed listening to it. There is a nice tension in the singing in this melody. Very good!
And I must underline what beautiful that leadguitar played! Only compliments for this composition!
Tell Marty he is playing in very good company!

There is only something, just after the organ played in the beginning. It felt the volume was turned down and clarity was getting mat or flat (all just a bit, but still). I listened some times several times to the song (not only because enjoying it) to make sure I won't write rubbish here. I had a similair experience in Ozone9 when I tweaked too much. But if I am wrong and my ears tricked me, you come over and tell me I'm completely wrong. The lockdown will soon be over, so for you that's easy done now...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
BlueAttitude #598135 05/19/20 04:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
BA

Bad [*****].

Begs Attention.

Best Around.

Blue Attitude!!!

Sweet opening guitar. Gorgeous tone, melodic.

Chris' vocal comes it at JUST the right level. Loud and Proud. Beautiful.

Great choice for the acoustic. And really nicely EQ'd!!! (so often overlooked)

And, once again, whatever it is you do to your organ track...makes it shine...

And, Man! Marty's bass is laid in there PERFECTLY. Both the playing and the mixing.

Killer solo. So musical. Pro.

Chris seems to be "out-doing herself" at every turn. The writing just keeps getting better and better. This is awesome Rock writing. Her vocals - and harmonies - are reaching amazing heights. Real Wow factor.

Top-shelf mix.

Y'all are killin' it.

Blue.

Attitude.

fj

BlueAttitude #598139 05/19/20 05:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Blue Attitude,
Wonderfully restrained smoldering intro - had to listen again to hear how sweet the moment is when Chris` vocals come in... and on the guitar solo I could really hear what Marty brings to the band.
A very subtle build here that`s a lesson in dynamics; powerful doesn`t have to be over the top loud or dramatic.
Awesome rock music.

Robert

BlueAttitude #598190 05/19/20 04:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
BlueAttitude
Excellent team work!!! WOW! Such a powerful tune in such short time. Scary good. No shortcomings, everything and everyone sound amazing & BIG! Production is sweet. Dave, super catchy guitar solo. Congrats to you all! Enjoyed it a lot, and thank you for being here.

Misha.

BlueAttitude #598207 05/19/20 07:30 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another high quality production from the BA team. Superb work all round. (Really enjoying Chris' harmonies on the last couple of tracks.)
Regards,
Leon

BlueAttitude #598222 05/19/20 09:37 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The three of you deliver the goods every time. Chris' voice just shines on everything she does. love listening to her! Great lyric!

Dave, you have such a "feel" for your guitar. Your work always make me say, "Damn ... wish I could play like that!"

And Marty plays such a sweet bass. He's always spot on.

That was a terrific listen. Loved the opening ... so cool. I always look forward to your new releases ... such a pleasure to listen to. Wishing all of you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

BlueAttitude #598290 05/20/20 10:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great write. We liked in particular:

"Half of my heart, your part
fallen and torn apart from you"

Great guitar. We liked in particular:

All of it.

Great Vocal. We liked in particular:

Every note.

Killer drums and organ and whoever that bass guy is smile nailed it.

And the B&W images in the video worked excellently.

Throw in the "Dave mix" and y'all have another great pro level production.

Y'all's consistency in creating outstanding productions is quite remarkable!

J&B

BlueAttitude #598296 05/20/20 12:09 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ooh. Ooh. Brilliant break before the solo. Worth the price of admission. Wonderful opening too. Chris sounds more and more like Stevie to me. Marty hits all the right licks and notes to move this forward. The BIAB organ is wonderfully coherent. That doesn't always happen automatically with keys. The solo, though, is what lifts this up over the horizon. Really enjoyed this head-hanger.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
BlueAttitude #598304 05/20/20 12:37 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool intro Dave. Loved this song. Chris's vocal was awesome. Boy does Marty leave a nice touch on the song. Some very cool runs. Your guitar was perfect for the song. Very creative solo. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
BlueAttitude #598305 05/20/20 12:48 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi guys. Very well done on this.
Love the emotion that the vocal evokes.
This could easily be playing on the radio.
Well done on the production.
The lead guitar work is also a stand out.
Regards Rob4580

BlueAttitude #598307 05/20/20 01:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Blue Attitude,

Nailed it! Some excellent reviews I like floyd's, and some stunning playing, singing and writing.

A superior production and overall a truly excellent song.
(As you know I'm a sucker for a good guitar solo and that was a good one!)

Peter

Birchwood #598347 05/21/20 12:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood

I enjoyed listening to it. There is a nice tension in the singing in this melody. Very good!
And I must underline what beautiful that leadguitar played! Only compliments for this composition!

There is only something, just after the organ played in the beginning. It felt the volume was turned down and clarity was getting mat or flat (all just a bit, but still). I listened some times several times to the song (not only because enjoying it) to make sure I won't write rubbish here. I had a similair experience in Ozone9 when I tweaked too much. But if I am wrong and my ears tricked me, you come over and tell me I'm completely wrong. The lockdown will soon be over, so for you that's easy done now...

Hans

Hi Hans,

B3 sounds good to me, Hans, but we are all entitled to our own opinion smile

Yeah, it would be great to go to Holland again! I told you before that we both love your country. And we will go there again someday, no question.

When that happens I'll look you up and buy you a beer or two wink

floyd jane #598418 05/21/20 10:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
BA

Bad [*****].

Begs Attention.

Best Around.

Blue Attitude!!!

Sweet opening guitar. Gorgeous tone, melodic.

Chris' vocal comes it at JUST the right level. Loud and Proud. Beautiful.

Great choice for the acoustic. And really nicely EQ'd!!! (so often overlooked)

And, once again, whatever it is you do to your organ track...makes it shine...

And, Man! Marty's bass is laid in there PERFECTLY. Both the playing and the mixing.

Killer solo. So musical. Pro.

Chris seems to be "out-doing herself" at every turn. The writing just keeps getting better and better. This is awesome Rock writing. Her vocals - and harmonies - are reaching amazing heights. Real Wow factor.

Top-shelf mix.

Y'all are killin' it.

Blue.

Attitude.

fj

Man, you write the best reviews! Chris always enjoys them too smile

For the B3 I use the Scheps Omni-Channel plugin from waves. I bought it a while ago on sale for $29. The only thing I use it for is B3 tracks actually, but for that alone it’s worth the $29 IMHO, it really brings them to life.

Thanks as always, floyd, we appreciate the support you have given us over the years smile

BlueAttitude #598419 05/21/20 10:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Chris, Marty, this is really really good. The opening guitar with the unusual note choices captures the listener’s attention. The bass adds a lot and the vocals keep getting better and better. I love everything about it and it no doubt is one of your best. You three are on a big time roll, Tom

BlueAttitude #598463 05/21/20 04:35 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great job everyone. Outstanding vocals. Real emotion. Excellent electric guitar. You can't beat the sound of an electric guitar played with a blue attitude like that [pun sort of intended as the name fits your playing perfectly].

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
BlueAttitude #598482 05/21/20 11:58 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave,

Another fabulous song from the team.

The Hammond RT is just amazing - what a good sound for this track.

Wonderful guitar work - very soulful and expressive. Super bass from Marty.

Chris seems to be able to change her voice to suit each song, just like
professional session singers do. Last time I said she sounded like Grace Slick and
this time she sounds exactly like Christine McVie, or Christine Perfect as we used to
know her in the days of Chicken Shack.

Excellent all round.

Cheers,
ROG.

Robertkc #598560 05/22/20 10:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Blue Attitude,
Wonderfully restrained smoldering intro - had to listen again to hear how sweet the moment is when Chris` vocals come in... and on the guitar solo I could really hear what Marty brings to the band.
A very subtle build here that`s a lesson in dynamics; powerful doesn`t have to be over the top loud or dramatic.
Awesome rock music.

Robert

Hi Robert,

For me the main thing Marty brings to the table is he plays song specific bass lines and reacts to what the vocal and guitar is doing. The mark of a true pro, which he is.

And yes, dynamics are all important, thanks for noticing and commenting!

BlueAttitude #598567 05/22/20 11:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Hans

Hi Hans,

B3 sounds good to me, Hans, but we are all entitled to our own opinion smile

Yeah, it would be great to go to Holland again! I told you before that we both love your country. And we will go there again someday, no question.

When that happens I'll look you up and buy you a beer or two wink

Hi Dave, I have said it wrong. I didn't mean the B3, but the other instruments. To me it seemed they lost a little volume just after the intro of the B3. But I read no one else noticed it, so it had to be one of my computers, or maybe, just maybe my ears...
I'm very happy to hear you will explain all to me in my homeland AND offer me some beers. can you adjust that to red wine? I don't drink beer. And if you come and you like history, than you have to visit Haarlem instead of Amsterdam. I show you around.

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
BlueAttitude #598604 05/22/20 05:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I always think about what I can tell somebody to get to the next level but you guys are already performing at such a high level. Don't know what to tell you except keep doing things the way you've been doing them. Great work here as always.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199