Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#598995 - 05/25/20 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands
5/07/2020

Biab 2021, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#599021 - 05/25/20 03:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Quote:
I checked and found that a lot of my personal styles show something other than "User" as the set number.

If you are making variations of newer styles - in other words, you made a copy of an existing style that was made by PG Music within the last couple years, then Band-in-a-Box is probably picking up the 'Style memo' data embedded in the style. You could open the StyleMaker - ctrl+shift+f9, click MISC -> Style Memos etc. If the extra settings are enabled, you can set the "Styles disk #" to 999. After a slow rebuild, this style should show up as a User Style.

Quote:

5/07/2020
Does that explain something about the problem?

No, I'm not quite sure what the cause of the problem is. This is the correct date (05/07/2020, or later). If you Fast Rebuild (slow rebuild not necessary) after installing Xtra Styles PAK 9, you should definitely see them in the StylePicker.

Quote:

My date is 02/18/2020

Even if you install the Xtra Styles PAK 9? I'm sure you have, I just can't think of a reason why you would have a Feb. file.

Quote:
slow vs. fast rebuild

The only difference is that slow rebuild looks for 'user' (non-PG Music) styles. Perhaps we could state that right in the menu option to make it clear.

#599029 - 05/25/20 06:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
The folks reporting the older date all had access to the beta version. When it was released the version number did not change dispite a last minute change in the code. So they never updated to the new final version. I had the beta also, but I updated when it was released. Which is why I have the updated date

Or something else happened. crazy

Dan

SoundCloud

#599034 - 05/25/20 06:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: SC, USA
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SC, USA
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

If you are making variations of newer styles - in other words, you made a copy of an existing style that was made by PG Music within the last couple years, then Band-in-a-Box is probably picking up the 'Style memo' data embedded in the style. You could open the StyleMaker - ctrl+shift+f9, click MISC -> Style Memos etc. If the extra settings are enabled, you can set the "Styles disk #" to 999. After a slow rebuild, this style should show up as a User Style.

I tried this on a few and it worked fine. I'll try to remember this the next time I do a variation on an existing style.

Thank you.

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4

#599035 - 05/25/20 06:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
If Dan is right, it's the reason I keep asking if there are any changes in the public version from the beta version. I always figured that's what the release numbers were for. Even if you make the most minor change, increment the release number.

I do check the file sizes and if they are different, I reinstall the newer one. I didn't in this case yet; will try now.

EDIT: I just installed the public version, and now my date is indeed 5/07/2020. Dan, you called it. I still think this kind of thing, if true, should require a new release number.

Edited by Matt Finley (05/25/20 06:37 PM)
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam sub & monitors

#599054 - 05/25/20 09:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Yes, Dan's right on the money here. I upgraded from Build 721 to Build 721 and my date is now May 7

And I also agree that if anything has changed, the build number should reflect that, even if it is from 721 to 721(a) or similar.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#599055 - 05/25/20 09:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Maybe the Beta releases should be 721(b) etc? With the appended letter indicating a Beta release?
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Forum Stats
33980 Members
67 Forums
68388 Topics
586360 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Kre8ed46cess, DomiRosano, kevlad, Scoraticus, JryHolder

33980 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 209