Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#598995 - 05/25/20 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands
5/07/2020

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#599021 - 05/25/20 03:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Quote:
I checked and found that a lot of my personal styles show something other than "User" as the set number.

If you are making variations of newer styles - in other words, you made a copy of an existing style that was made by PG Music within the last couple years, then Band-in-a-Box is probably picking up the 'Style memo' data embedded in the style. You could open the StyleMaker - ctrl+shift+f9, click MISC -> Style Memos etc. If the extra settings are enabled, you can set the "Styles disk #" to 999. After a slow rebuild, this style should show up as a User Style.

Quote:

5/07/2020
Does that explain something about the problem?

No, I'm not quite sure what the cause of the problem is. This is the correct date (05/07/2020, or later). If you Fast Rebuild (slow rebuild not necessary) after installing Xtra Styles PAK 9, you should definitely see them in the StylePicker.

Quote:

My date is 02/18/2020

Even if you install the Xtra Styles PAK 9? I'm sure you have, I just can't think of a reason why you would have a Feb. file.

Quote:
slow vs. fast rebuild

The only difference is that slow rebuild looks for 'user' (non-PG Music) styles. Perhaps we could state that right in the menu option to make it clear.

#599029 - 05/25/20 06:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
The folks reporting the older date all had access to the beta version. When it was released the version number did not change dispite a last minute change in the code. So they never updated to the new final version. I had the beta also, but I updated when it was released. Which is why I have the updated date

Or something else happened. crazy

Dan

#599034 - 05/25/20 06:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: SC, USA
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SC, USA
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

If you are making variations of newer styles - in other words, you made a copy of an existing style that was made by PG Music within the last couple years, then Band-in-a-Box is probably picking up the 'Style memo' data embedded in the style. You could open the StyleMaker - ctrl+shift+f9, click MISC -> Style Memos etc. If the extra settings are enabled, you can set the "Styles disk #" to 999. After a slow rebuild, this style should show up as a User Style.

I tried this on a few and it worked fine. I'll try to remember this the next time I do a variation on an existing style.

Thank you.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#599035 - 05/25/20 06:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
If Dan is right, it's the reason I keep asking if there are any changes in the public version from the beta version. I always figured that's what the release numbers were for. Even if you make the most minor change, increment the release number.

I do check the file sizes and if they are different, I reinstall the newer one. I didn't in this case yet; will try now.

EDIT: I just installed the public version, and now my date is indeed 5/07/2020. Dan, you called it. I still think this kind of thing, if true, should require a new release number.

Edited by Matt Finley (05/25/20 06:37 PM)
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition CC, Notion; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#599054 - 05/25/20 09:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Yes, Dan's right on the money here. I upgraded from Build 721 to Build 721 and my date is now May 7

And I also agree that if anything has changed, the build number should reflect that, even if it is from 721 to 721(a) or similar.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#599055 - 05/25/20 09:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: VideoTrack]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Maybe the Beta releases should be 721(b) etc? With the appended letter indicating a Beta release?
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33076 Members
68 Forums
66633 Topics
566914 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JohnBunyan, GabrielForsman, duykhuong20, jeffatbkk, chiefegod