Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#598587 - 05/22/20 05:44 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Resolved]
Loc: SC, USA
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

Anyone else having this problem? I installed build 721. I installed Xtra Pak 9 and did a rebuild. But the styles do not show up in the picker. The filter shows all the Xtra Style Paks (1-9) but when I select Xtra Pak 9 I don't see any "9" styles. In fact, I see 5 of my personal styles marked as Xtra Pak 9.

I contacted support online and they said it might be a bug.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598627 - 05/23/20 02:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Hi Don, I have the same problem as you have. Installed 721, installed pack 9 , rebuilt my styles, but the new ones don't show up in the stylepicker. Redownloaded and reinstalled, checked if the new files were in the styles directory and still no luck. So I went to my laptop and tried the same but on this one the new styles are visible and usable. So my story so far: one computer install of pack 9 works, the other one does not.

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#598629 - 05/23/20 03:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Worked for me with Build 721

Press Clear first to clear the search filter

Do you get these results:

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#598630 - 05/23/20 03:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: rodipoet]
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Problem seems to be solved: I did a slow styles rebuild in the stylepicker and now my new extra styles 9 are available

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#598631 - 05/23/20 03:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: rodipoet]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Surprising, as this shouldn't need a slow rebuild, but great to know this is working.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#598645 - 05/23/20 05:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: VideoTrack]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

THank you for your detailed instructions. As I indicated earlier:

"I installed build 721. I installed Xtra Pak 9 and did a rebuild. But the styles do not show up in the picker. The filter shows all the Xtra Style Paks (1-9) but when I select Xtra Pak 9 I don't see any "9" styles. In fact, I see 5 of my personal styles marked as Xtra Pak 9."

I confirmed that build 721 is installed. Mine does not say "Release 0" like yours. So they may have changed the executable file since you downloaded it. I downloaded that file again and installed it for a second time; no help.

I cleared the filter before selecting Xtra Style Paks. (forgot to mention that earlier)

I have subsequently noticed that a lot of files are in the BB/Styles folder with the date 4/2/2020. Those appear to be the Xtra Pak 9 files. SO it looks like the files are on my computer in the correct folder but BIAB cannot see them.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598650 - 05/23/20 06:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: rodipoet]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

This is really odd.

I did like you did and ran a slow rebuild yesterday just to see if it helped. It did not help.

This morning I ran the slow rebuild again but left the style filter at Xtra Pak 9. Now BIAB sees the Xtra Pak 9 files.

Problem solved; just don't know why.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598652 - 05/23/20 06:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Don, about the Release 0. There is a line of code that shows that. Beta testers have it. I’ll see if I can find it later. But it really is of no consequence. You have the one and only 721.

About the Slow Build. The only difference I can find is that Slow finds non-PG Music styles as well. I don’t think there is much difference in execution speed, and I think it would eliminate confusion to just get rid of Fast Build and call Slow Build “Reindex”. I have also pitched the idea of running it automatically as part of each update, based on this kind of question that invariably occurs.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition CC, Notion; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#598655 - 05/23/20 06:41 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

Okay. Beta testers have that version. That makes sense. As I posted earlier, the problem was resolved by a slow rebuild of the styles, in my case, with the Xtra Pak 9 filter on in the style picker; not sure if that last part had anything to do with resolving the problem, but I tried slow rebuild earlier and it did not help.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598659 - 05/23/20 07:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

If you would like to see the release number, and again, it isn't needed, just do this:

Create a text file with one space in it.
Name it ShowReleaseNumber.txt
Save it into your top-level /BB folder.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition CC, Notion; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#598662 - 05/23/20 08:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

I misunderstood. It's the same executable file but shows the release number because of ShowReleaseNumber.txt in the BB folder. I tried it and proved what you said. Now I understand.

Thanks.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598664 - 05/23/20 08:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

About the Slow Build. The only difference I can find is that Slow finds non-PG Music styles as well. I don’t think there is much difference in execution speed, and I think it would eliminate confusion to just get rid of Fast Build and call Slow Build “Reindex”. I have also pitched the idea of running it automatically as part of each update, based on this kind of question that invariably occurs.

On my machine, Slow Build takes a lot longer to execute. But I do it occasionally because I create lots of variations on existing Styles.

I like the idea of the Fast Build auto-running during the update process. Makes perfect sense to me. I wonder why that's not already happening.

I still wonder why fast build (tried it three times) did not show Xtra Pak 9, and why the first slow rebuild did not help, but the second slow rebuild (with Xtra Pak 9 in the filter) solved the problem.

And I still have 5 of my Style variations listed as Xtra Pak 9, although I created them long before I bought Xtra Pak 9.

Mysterious to this old mind. But not sure it actually matters.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598674 - 05/23/20 10:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

That last one is surely a bug, showing your older custom styles as being in Xtra pak 9. Send that one to support@pgmusic.com

#598677 - 05/23/20 11:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

I checked and found that a lot of my personal styles show something other than "User" as the set number. I sent an email to support.

Thank you for all your help.

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598806 - 05/24/20 10:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Quote:
I still wonder why fast build (tried it three times) did not show Xtra Pak 9

What is the date of this file:
\bb\data\factory_stylz1.bin

#598859 - 05/24/20 04:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Don L Turner Offline
Enthusiast

5/07/2020

Does that explain something about the problem?

Edited by Don L Turner (05/24/20 04:28 PM)

BIAB Audiophile 2020
Studio One 4

#598879 - 05/24/20 05:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

My date is 02/18/2020

And I thought I was completely updated.

#598884 - 05/24/20 06:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Matt Finley]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

My date is 02/18/2020

I understood that I was completely updated too and mine is also February 18. I wonder what the date is expected to be?

#598956 - 05/25/20 07:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
My date is 02/18/2020

I understood that I was completely updated too and mine is also February 18. I wonder what the date is expected to be?

05/07/2020 here grin

#598965 - 05/25/20 08:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB cannot see Xtra Pak 9 [Re: Don L Turner]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Over to you, Andrew. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32845 Members
68 Forums
66139 Topics
561590 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AveryT, Hans Franz 12, Marik, midisynth, uhv14437@cuoly.c

32845 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 174
VideoTrack 154