Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What a lovely song. I love the lyrics and the vocals. Wonderful. Brilliant electric guitar. Great arrangement. Top notch recording. Good job to everyone. Congratulations!

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really nice stuff. Extra fine lyric that, to my mind, speaks to the need to not stray too far from the other in a relationship which I felt free to apply to my own life in my own way. In other words...didn't preach. Well delivered by Janice and supported with the band. The energy pumped up in that anthemic ending and I am very glad you let it play out. Much enjoyed.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
EXCELLENT.
The guitar licks do tread on Janice's vocals in the section before the solo - a bit of panning EQ or level work would easily sort that.
Super collab.
There are a couple of dream teams in this forum.

Thanks Ray.

Peter

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Janice, Peter, Leon and Bud.

A fabulous song with the whole team excelling themselves in this one.

A very evocative soundtrack which invoked pictures as it unfolded.

Great lyrics which can be interpreted in several different ways.

Wonderful guitar work - I'd have said this was a song simply for guitarists had
it not been for the fact that Janice was singing.

Janice - you know already what I mean to say. Perfect in every way.

Proper job, team.

ROG.

Thanks Rog, Janice always inspires.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Leon, Janice, Peter (and Bud)...

A good write. A very tight lyric. And the melody suits it nicely - "wistful".

A big sound. Excellent mix throughout.

Nice guitar. Cool bit of shredding in the outro.

And, of course...that angelic voice!!

Great team effort.

fj

Thank you big brother!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Sounds great! Some fine lyrics interpreted and delivered by an expert vocalist and some great guitar work. The outro guitar work is outstanding and reminded me that lots of players know how to rip off some wild shredding lines but very few know where to put them. Peter does. Well done all four, Tom

Thanks Tom appreciate the guitar comments and completely agree with your remarks about Janice.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Leon, Janice, Peter (and Bud great job guys love it, love your voice Janice always and great guitar fills and solo perfect fit on everthing thanks eric

Thank you Eric!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Janice, Peter, Leon, Bud,

I can only agree with what all others have said about the song, the vocals en the solo. It's a very strong song and I liked it.

With all those well earned compliments, it is probably equivalent to suicide to suggest a change in the song.
I take that risk though:
The way Janice sings is in contrast with the time signature of the drumming and strumming (slow versus 16th, I guess). That can distract the attention to the vocals. If I was in charge for making this song (;-) the vocals gets the focus and the tempo of the instruments would be in line (in 8th). Of course that is a matter of taste. And beside that, I wasn't in charge and still the song is very nice...

Nice day,
Hans

Thanks for the comments Hans appreciate the suggestions, always interesting to get another perspective.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Janice, Peter, Leon and Bud.

A fabulous song with the whole team excelling themselves in this one.

A very evocative soundtrack which invoked pictures as it unfolded.

Great lyrics which can be interpreted in several different ways.

Wonderful guitar work - I'd have said this was a song simply for guitarists had
it not been for the fact that Janice was singing.

Janice - you know already what I mean to say. Perfect in every way.

Proper job, team.

ROG.

Thank you Rog! That means a lot to me and I know Peter is equally appreciative.

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter,Leon, Janice & Bud,
A gently uplifting song sent into the outer spheres by that fantastic outro guitar!
I liked the thoughtful lyric, yearning feel of Janice`s vocal and that you all agreed to let Peter ride it on out.

Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate the review.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
EXCELLENT.
The guitar licks do tread on Janice's vocals in the section before the solo - a bit of panning EQ or level work would easily sort that.
Super collab.
There are a couple of dream teams in this forum.

Thanks for listening and commenting Ray!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Beautiful in every aspect - including that fiery guitar solo at the end. Janice sings masterfully as usual, the song is beautifully written and produced ... what is there to say? Congratulations!

Thanks appreciated.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Peter, Leon, Bud and Janice:

Now that’s quite the collaboration . . . and a very cool result all around. Agree with others on that killer solo in the break and on the outro. Well done—kudos to you all!!

My best to each of you,

Deej

Thanks Deej.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow that one pulled on the heart strings. What a beautiful vocal Janice. Leon that lyric came from a very special place. Peter very cool backtrack and guitar was perfect for the song. So expressive. Well done.

Thanks Scott

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Sounds great! Some fine lyrics interpreted and delivered by an expert vocalist and some great guitar work. The outro guitar work is outstanding and reminded me that lots of players know how to rip off some wild shredding lines but very few know where to put them. Peter does. Well done all four, Tom

Thank you Tom. It was a nice lyric to work with!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Peter, Leon, Bud and Janice: As soon as I saw these names listed in the credits I knew that this was gonna be a winner. And a winner it is!

As everyone has previously said everything about this is just plain perfect. This is so much better than what is on the radio today it is frightening.

Excellent work.

Thanks for the very nice comments Mario.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
What a lovely song. I love the lyrics and the vocals. Wonderful. Brilliant electric guitar. Great arrangement. Top notch recording. Good job to everyone. Congratulations!

Appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Really nice stuff. Extra fine lyric that, to my mind, speaks to the need to not stray too far from the other in a relationship which I felt free to apply to my own life in my own way. In other words...didn't preach. Well delivered by Janice and supported with the band. The energy pumped up in that anthemic ending and I am very glad you let it play out. Much enjoyed.

Thanks a lot appreciate the review.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi everyone!

Wow! This is such a terrific listen.

I've just been working on song lyrics that seem to have a million and one words to fit to melody. For this reason, when I listened to this song, my very first thought was how amazing lyric brevity is. To be able to say what is needed in the minimum number of syllables possible is an incredible skill. And it's breathtakingly effective.

Janice, I love this melody. The way that it flows against the song's harmony and arrangement is a perfect fit. You singing it, is the proverbial cream to the music's coffee. So easy on the ears and such a pleasure to listen to.

Peter and Leon, you've done a fine job creating this. Every where I look or listen, talent shines. The supporting chord progression is inventive and because it is a little outside the usual expectations, it made me sit up and pay attention. I like it!

Bud, thanks for putting the polish on a fine work.

So... all in all... I really enjoyed where this song took me.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Wonderful you guys. Awesome lyrics, musicianship, singing, everything.

Sounds like some great 60s anthem or something.

Love those little feedback squeals in the guitar solo. Brutal man.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ms. Beautiful Voice lulled me into a relaxed state, then Mister Blister Strings woke me up wit dat guitar: Wow! Great work as always, you folks perform at the highest level. A pleasure to listen to.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter,Leon, Janice & Bud,
A gently uplifting song sent into the outer spheres by that fantastic outro guitar!
I liked the thoughtful lyric, yearning feel of Janice`s vocal and that you all agreed to let Peter ride it on out.

Robert

Thank you Robert. Yes, Peter did take it to the limit!

Janice

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,518
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193