Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Have been thinking about a new keyboard. New ones are outrageous!

Happen to see a few on GC and ordered one. It was advertised as "excellent" "like new" condition with "no scratches, no dents, no blemishes, fully functional. I had it shipped direct to my local GC store so I could inspect it on the spot.

When it came in, it was missing a control knob, 6-8 deep scratches through the finish and into the metal on the lower front panel and the top was loose on the left side. The salesperson thought it might have been dropped.

So I refused that one, got store credit for everything except shipping and order another one..a bit higher price, still used from another GC store.

I'm now having second thoughts. I realize GC will say that their used gear is in the best possible condition to get higher prices. But to say that something is in like new condition and have it come in like that, I'm wondering if this is business as usual or if this is a one off. Honesty goes a long way in my book!

Anybody got any experience with this?

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I assume you mean Guitar Center? You should have gotten a full refund including shipping! Not store credit minus shipping. Your experience with them so far should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 05/24/20 07:08 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I used to trade in lots of equipment at Guitar Centers, and I was always impressed that they insisted on a full inspection that included plugging it in and connecting it to prove it worked. At some point a few years ago, they stopped taking trades, so I don't know where the equipment is coming from that they would sell you, unless it's floor demos.

My more-local Guitar Center is closed now.?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
When vacationing in Palm Desert I always make a stop at GC while my wife shops Target and Macy’s.
A few years ago I found the best small amp I have ever owned, an Alesis Trans-Active. It has never been anything but amazing for BIAB and vocals in rooms up to 50’ x 50’. I think I paid $75.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I have bought used equipment from GC in the past that was cosmetically in rough shape but never ran into anything that wouldn’t function. I’m not sure I would buy any instrument from anyone without an assurance that I could return it without penalty because there is just too much variation, even among new instruments. I sat in a store one day a played about 10 Epiphone Dots and found one real gem, but the others were not good at all....and all of those were brand new.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
IYou should have gotten a full refund including shipping! Not store credit minus shipping. Your experience with them so far should tell you all you need to know.

Ditto that!

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I wouldn't buy any major hardware via mail or Internet that didn't have a no-risk, no-fee, try before I buy policy.

If they can't assure me that I'll like it, I won't take the chance.

I can see how some buyers might take advantage of that, but a big store like GC can take that in stride.

If buying from Reverb or Ebay from a private seller I'm a little more lenient. I need a guarantee that if it is not as advertised the seller pays return shipping.

Sometimes I long for the good-old days where you walked into a music store and were able to try before you buy.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This reminds me of when I was taking music classes in middle school and my dad ordered me a second hand digital piano as a gift, and ya...to some people second hand means 'barely functional' I swear.

Cheers,
Deryk
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
My purchases of used gear from GC has been excellent.

In fact I have stopped calling them Guitar Sinner as a result.

I would demand that they refund any shipping cost as a result.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thought I might followup on this string and bring it to closure. As I said above, I rejected the first keyboard due to its condition being much less than "like new"...actually as far as I'm concerned it was if "fair" condition at best.

Nonetheless, the second keyboard came in from GC's Huntsville AL store. I contacted then 3 times and spoke with the store manager and one of their sales associates. I was assured that it was in "pristine" condition as they said.

Due to CoVid delays in shipping, they agreed to send it out over night, next day air. As promised it arrived in Greenville, SC by 1PM the next day.

I was very much surprised with how well it was packed....there was almost 6 inches of bubble wrap on all side plus they shipped it in a Yamaha 88 key box.

I opened it there in the store and plugged it in. The condition was well beyond what I expected. Flawless...not a scratch, dent, ding, scuff mark...nothing. Started right up, checked every key...perfect!

Got home, logged into the Yamaha registration site and enter the serial number...it was never registered!

Overall, very pleased with my new toy and have had my faith renewed thanks to the folks in Huntsville, AL.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195