Print Thread
Go To
#600706 06/05/20 10:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks.
This is my recent music experiment.  It is done in 3 languages Esperanto, Russian and English.  I do not speak Esperanto, but I find it fascinating. It is a flexible language to try out phrasings and substitute wording yet still maintaining most of the meaning. I ignored consistency in sound so I can have more fun with the form. Project was very "heavy" on my system, constantly glitching with all the wealth of synths and other digital wonders, so I decided to wrap it up and post it "as is", so it does not suck me in for another week smile Thank you for listening!
Misha.

All You Got (is Time)

Lyrics...basic translation:
Verse: Stepped out into the rain, came back when it was snowing.
I saw changes, the houses had darken their shades from soot, but the sun and clouds  stayed the same.
Chorus: You can not change the pattern of wind, just feel it.
You can not change the current of the river, you can fight it or follow it. All you got is time.
Verse:
In the morning, stepped into the night, day escaped like fish.
Shadows as melting wax, painted with the color of moon.
Dust filled boot impressions,  memory erased by a magnet
Mr. Time does not keep slaves, it does not have favorites.
Chorus.
Verse: Time will heal open wounds, spreading the ashes of burnout fires
Resurrecting desires, to live and to die.
--
And yet here we are teaching snail to climb, teaching fish to swim
Teaching elephant to run,  cat to dream.
Chorus.

Tech stuff.
BIAB:
RealTracks in song: 3486:Bass, Electric, SkaClassicAB Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: ~1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 3492:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaSlow Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 1154:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
RealDrums [in style:Americana16GroovinBrushFred^1-a,b:Brushes,Toms
Soloist guitar: 1651 / Guitar: 3203
Various midi segments, drums / fills. Synth of Halion, Kontakt.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Splendid build and dynamics. The progression is strong--classic, but not without surprises. Overall, very "Euro" sounding, and extremely listenable. Great romp. Now clear your cache.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A VERY engaging intro - the pounding drums are full of promise.
I think this is wonderful for the experimentation, the message in the lyric and the arrangement.
It's a terrific ride & I'm listening a 2nd time at present.
BIG sound.
:Love it.

Last edited by rayc; 06/05/20 03:08 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Rusty. I always find your song very eclectic.
very interesting throughout.
Regards Rob4580

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Very cool intro!

I enjoyed listening to the other languages, the rhythm and phrasing of the words.

And some wild things happening during the track! Sounds fabulous through the 'phones, lots of ear candy happening.

Good stuff, Misha, enjoyed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
An excellent "current" sound. Pulsing, loop-type rhythm that gives it a good "indie" feel.

The mix sounds good to me. I enjoyed it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,
Danceable, pulsing with energy... and that voice always sounding like the slightly scary Pan you want to follow. In short- this is COOL!
Are you mixing all those tracks in RealBand or another DAW ( if the former I can see how it would protest).

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha,

I got a message you posted a song and listened to it on the Soundcloud app on my Ipad last night.
Before listening I couldn't sleep and neither after listening! That was a swell piece of music you made!

Another thing: is this the kind of song your wife refuses to perform in?
(don't take me too serious on this one...)

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tangmo,
Thank you for listening and fun comment! Indeed cache is cleared smile
---
Ray,
Thank you for listening and your feedback! "pounding drums are full of promise" lol! These are marriage of Midi and Real drums.
---
Rob,
Thank you for listening and your feedback here and on SC!
---
Dave,
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
FJ,
Thank you for your feedback! Yes, rhythm is a bit trivial. I grew up listening to a lot of 80s rock featuring electronic drums, so in a way it is a small tribute to "loopesque" rhythm smile
---
Robert,
"Slightly scary Pan" LOL. That is funny. I do not use RealBand, all DAW work is done in Cakewalk. I get greedy sometimes with all the synths and fx and by the time it is ready to be baked, project looks like junk peddler wagon. Thank you for your support!
---
Hans,
Thank you for listening and your positive feedback here and on SC!
I hope I do not contribute to your insomnia...
Katya actually liked it smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha

Clever engaging and entertaining. Almost a trademark vocal style - sounds great.

Excellent production with lots of interesting sounds, and multiple elements.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very infectious rhythm to the song Misha. The different languages add a very cool feel to the song. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
One heckuva take on the modern music scene.

Remarkably diversity of tracks and who would
have guessed how well those Americana drums
work,

Mix sounded excellent on the KRK's

Cool lyric too. Three languages?

I'm marginally coherent in my sole native language.

Great experiment!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Refreshingly different. Great driving beat, and enjoyable intonations.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very cool musical vibe!! Have to admit, this is the first song I've heard with Esperanto!! I remember them trying to teach us kids briefly around the 5th grade. Really well constructed and produced!! Great job!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent song. Great production. Loved the lyrics. Vocals are top notch. Outstanding work.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,573
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199