Options
Index
#601169 - 06/08/20 01:26 PM [User Showcase] Whole Lotta Stupid
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Whole Lotta Stupid

In the United States, the Federal Communications Commission used to have a rule known as the Fairness Doctrine that basically required radio and television broadcast stations to present controversial issues in an "honest, fair, and equitable" manner. It's too bad we don't have a similar regulation today that applies not only to traditional broadcast stations, but also to cable and satellite stations. Then, perhaps, we would have less of this inanity and insanity coming from both sides of the political spectrum. In the spirit of this defunct policy, I am presenting myself as an equal opportunity mocker in this song.

Real Tracks:
RT1683 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPromise
RT1525 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushDirty
RT3361 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritClassicRock70s
RT1011 Bass, Electric, BritInvasion
RealDrums-RockTexas^1-HiHat,OpenHat
RT422 Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues
RT1943 Synth, Rhythm, EuroDance Strings
RT2306 Synth, Rhythm BubblegumPopAccentSynth
RT1748 Synth, Rhythm ModernDancePopRaveMajestic
RT1944 Synth, Rhythm, EuroDance WhinyPan
RT3323 Vocal Mmms, Background RockNRollGospel12-8BassDbl
RT3322 Vocal Mmms, Background RockNRollGospel12-8BariDbl
RT3324 Vocal Mmms, Background RockNRollGospel12-8Tenor2Dbl
RT3315 Vocal Mmms, Background RockNRollGospel12-8Tenor1Dbl

Lyrics:

Nazi freaks and libtards
A fifty-foot fence in my backyard
Snowflakes, homophobes
Aliens and their anal probes

It’s a whole lotta stupid

Everybody anything goes
See how my tolerance shows
I’m open minded through and through
As long as you all just think like I do

If you’re left, you’re not right
If you’re right, you are wrong
If you’re anything but white
Don’t come here ‘cause you don’t belong
Stupid

What’s a few dollars with a few deaths
The sanctity of life in the same breath
Arrogance and ignorance
Choking on mental flatulence

Hoaxes, conspiracy theories
Reporters with their “nasty” queries
Save this democracy
From exponential idiocy

If you’re left, you’re not right
If you’re right, you are wrong
If you’re anything but white
Don’t come here ‘cause you don’t belong
Stupid

#601227 - 06/08/20 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Scott,
Nice! I do not know whether to laugh or cry...
Great vocals, fun arrangement -> nice merger of synths and acoustics! Stops at ending are very effective. Excellent artistic reflection of current times. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#601239 - 06/08/20 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Sort of your version of Tom Petty's "Quit Jamming Me." Danged if I don't feel you because I do. Sweet arrangement and powerful vocal that "lets it all out" the longer it goes. Great work on the lead guitar. Real Tracks? Outstanding, either way. Love the drops to silence...sweet, sweet silence...but alas, it's only a temporary reprieve. Really enjoyed this.

Edited by Tangmo (06/08/20 07:06 PM)
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#601244 - 06/08/20 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand

Yes Yes and Yes!
Good one.
Cheers.

#601246 - 06/08/20 08:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice production and vocals.

I'm not what to make of the stop and go ending. It's... different. But it certainly got my attention! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#601264 - 06/08/20 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Ez ...

Di and I were talking about just a few days ago. And you hit the nail on the head! Stupid doesn't come with political or social labels ... it's just there or it isn't. And Washington seems to be pretty badly infected with it ... as are the social platforms. i cancelled my InstaGram and Facebook accounts almost three years ago ... don't miss them at all! Good job!

Best to you ... and be safe.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#601270 - 06/08/20 09:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
You get points right off the bat for writing about current issues. Really did a great job hitting that chorus which is super strong and those guitar solos and licks in there really add some punch. I really like the way it moves and the infectious energy. Great work, and really impressive the way you too so many RealTracks and weaved them together into a cohesive whole.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

#601325 - 06/09/20 05:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

The Federal Communications Commission rule known as the Fairness Doctrine was erased by Regan in a deal with Rupert Murdoch. Rupert got US Citizenship and a free hand as well as the right to buy upp US media at a colossal rate. Regan received, in return, a guaranteed bias in the media Murdoch owned...still applies now.
Who'd have thought that Idicocracy was a prescient movie.
FUN song, you've captured the words , phrases and nuances of the last three years or so very well.
I liked the stops and the expectation they created and then didn't meet.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#601345 - 06/09/20 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I can tell you've been watching the TV recently and probably a bit too much.

I like it. The song that is.... not the stupidity I see on the TV

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#601405 - 06/09/20 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Ezekiel,

I generally avoid commenting on sensitive topics on the internet, but I share a longing for the days when the news stuck to “Who, What, When, Where and Why” and tried to communicate events to the masses with some balance. What would Walter Cronkite think of all this, I wonder? Now, when I’m even inclined to read the news, I have to read multiple sources and then try to discern what little truth may or may not lie somewhere in between. Sad.

Anyway, the song is terrific—nice beat and rhythm guitar really propels it forward. Not sure why I’m hearing a Bowie feel, but for me it has it in spades. And it’s a good hook. I’m not sure I like the stop and go at the end, but that last stop is effective, as as it wouldn’t work without the ones going before it, I get the rationale.

Really well done tune—enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej

#601453 - 06/10/20 02:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good song! Cool arrangement, good vocal and band.

Any the lyrics certainly rang true. I didn't know about that Fairness Doctrine rule, interesting!

Very well done, enjoyed.

#601457 - 06/10/20 03:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Ezeliel,

A great track which supports my longstanding view that we're all doomed.

Some very inventive stuff in the arrangement and I loved the interrupted ending
which sort of had it's own message.

Very clever, very true, but sad all the same.

Enjoyed the listen though.

ROG.

#601462 - 06/10/20 04:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

That was a quite a ride, Ezekiel! The World still needs Rock'n Roll!!!

Cool merge of RealTracks with gospel mmm's, American rock with "british energy".

WELL DONE!

#601491 - 06/10/20 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"What’s a few dollars with a few deaths
The sanctity of life in the same breath
Arrogance and ignorance
Choking on mental flatulence"

Strong stuff here indeed. Point on in a superbly creative manner.

As I (Bud) am fond of saying stupid is forever while ignorance has the possibility of remedy.

No need to parse this song out. We love everything about including:

- the strong vocal
- the choice of tracks
- the cool arrangement including the grab ya ending
- the in your face yet nuanced mix
- and the aforementioned write

Hmmm...guess we did just parse it out smile

Great work!

J&B

#601524 - 06/10/20 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Ezekiel,

Very funny. You should write more songs like this!

Very timely and very true.

Hey, if aliens move here is there a planet they are currently coming from that we can move to? Seems like a fair deal.

I will tell them they can have this one man.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#601556 - 06/10/20 05:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Virginia
Belladonna Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia
Testify brother. I respect honesty from the heart. A difficult thing to do these days. Nice write.

Edited by Belladonna (06/10/20 07:06 PM)

#601562 - 06/10/20 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Excellent write and a strong performance. Stupid, alas, is ever present and everywhere.
I think it was Deej who mentioned Bowie and to my ears your voice has a very similar quality in spots.
Regards,
Leon

#601583 - 06/10/20 09:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Excellent lyric, and a really nice production - (interesting ending!).

Very well done in all respects - top notch.

Peter

#601641 - 06/11/20 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Scott,

Excellent lyric. A whole lot of truth.

Good use of BIAB. The synths, in particular. Good mix. The stops are as effective as a profane tweet. smile

There is a David-Byrne-ish-ness to this. A good thing...

Well done.

fj

#601698 - 06/11/20 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whole Lotta Stupid [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Wall of Voodoo vocal style.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Forum Stats
33287 Members
67 Forums
66435 Topics
569166 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JimmytheHat, PTyros2, aniseed, Mark Kelly, zampa987

33286 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 268
Matt Finley 259