Print Thread
Go To
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Wow. A month plus to get back to me AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN ADDRESS THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM I ASKED ABOUT! (See original post all the way at the bottom).

PGs tech support is useless these days. No phone support and not even responding to the question asked.

On 6/10/20 12:32 PM, PG Music Tech Support (Deryk) wrote:
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>
> There are three types of plugin files included with the Mac Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin: Audio Units (AU), VST3, and AAX. Which type you'll use partly depends on what your DAW supports.
>
> If your DAW is not picking up the AU, VST3, or AAX Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin, you should check your DAW's Options or Preferences dialog to see what folders the program is scanning for plugins when it boots up. You may need to broaden the locations your DAW scans to include:
>
> AU: /Library/Audio/Plugins/Components (Garageband, Logic)
> VST3: Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3 (Most DAWs)
> AAX: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins. (Pro Tools)
>
> You can also check to confirm the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin files are actually installed by going to:
> Go | Go to folder - and then typing in those folder locations listed above.
>
> Thank you,
> Deryk
> PG Music Inc.
> Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.
> On 2020-05-29 4:54 p.m., Tom Daigon wrote:
>>
>> Wow. After a month I had given up on ever hearing from you guys. Here is the screen shot.
>> On 5/29/20 4:24 PM, PG Music Tech Support (Ember) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Tom,
>>>
>>> Apologies for the delay in response.
>>>
>>> Can you go to Band-in-a-Box | About Band-in-a-Box and provide us with a screenshot of what the window displays?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Ember
>>> PG Music Inc.
>>> Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.
>>> On 2020-04-21 1:07 p.m., Tom Daigon wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Mac 2020.
>>>> On 4/21/20 11:57 AM, PG Music Tech Support (Ember) wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>
>>>>> Is this the 2019 version of the DAW plugin or the 2020 version? Is it for Mac or for Windows? Let us know!
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>> Ember
>>>>> PG Music Inc.
>>>>> Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.
>>>>> On 2020-04-06 6:28 a.m., Tom Daigon wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> PG Music Tech Support:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have a completed song with frozen real tracks built in the stand alone version. I want to keep things as they are and drag the tracks into Studio One. When I try to use the Plugin to drag all the tracks at once ( instead of one by one in the stand alone), the tracks regenerate before I am allowed to drag them in. How can I stop the Plugin from doing this to my frozen tracks? Thank you
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tom Daigon

Last edited by lasvideo; 06/10/20 12:04 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
OK.

I try to cut companies some slack at this time, given that the staff cannot easily work together.

Just checking, there have been major updates to the plugin since you first asked your question. Have you tried the newest version?

Also, while the plugin has the potential to be very convenient and powerful, there is nothing stopping you from making music now. Just use drag 'n drop of your tracks the 'old' way. That's what I do anyway.

I'm passing this along to the developers to make sure they see your question.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
To answer your question...Yes, this is the most current Mac 2020 version.

Last edited by lasvideo; 06/10/20 12:08 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Lasvideo,

COVID-19 has made it difficult for many people and businesses all over the world for the last 3 to 4 months. Given the unique situation that this pandemic has created, I count myself lucky that PG Music still continue. From a couple of posts that I've read, though, they are not operating at peak efficiency because of meeting restrictions brought on by the contagion. It's because of this that I find myself wondering why the tone of your initial post in this thread is so harsh.

I may have missed it but I don't recall reading this problem on the forums. Did you post about it here?

Frozen tracks also need to be regenerated. All that happens with them is that the mapping data used to create the track is preserved so that each time the track is regenerated, it creates the same audio structure.

With the above in mind, are you saying that when you drag the track into Studio One, the audio structure of it changes so that each transfer gives a differently constructed backing track?

Also, do you get the same problem when you generate the tracks using the BIAB program and not the standalone plugin?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A couple of points:

1. The plugin does not (yet) support frozen tracks.

2. I can duplicate a bug in the Mac Band-in-a-Box application that can cause frozen tracks to be regenerated if dragging individual tracks from the Track labels. A workaround is to use the Render to Audio dialog (Wave button -> Render with options.... and select One file per track). Then you would drag the tracks from Finder to your DAW.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
L
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Thank you very much Andrew. Thats is a helpful answer to my question.

The Render to Wave process was what I was using as a work around and will continue to do so.

Last edited by lasvideo; 06/10/20 01:49 PM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I do unterstand the Frustration exhibitioned here to some extend.
I have a (agreed minor) problem) with the DAW PlugIn and my DAW (REASON).
This is adressed since June 18th. The last Response I had 7 weeks ago.

I do understand that my problem may need involvment of developers and that these guy(s) may have a hugh Workload.
I do understand that covid complicates colaboration.

So I am able to get a grip on myself and refrain from expresing my feelings in such a rude way.
Yet I have bad feelings thinking about the support I get. It is irrational, but human.

Having that said. I wish things could go faster, but understand that a solution may take time. I have a workaround, so there is no real urgency.
But sending out an e-mail with answers to some simple questions. Or giving feedback regarding information I collected to help finding the cause of the problem. That can be done from first level support sitting in a home office.
Just some lifesign every second week seems possible to me. That is hardly asked to much, is it?

That would help to sustain my previous feeling that product, company and support real good and can be recommended to fellow people wholehearted.

Last edited by Uncle Paul; 10/11/20 06:24 AM. Reason: Typo

“Musicians”: UltraPak 2024
DAW: StudioOne Pro 6.5
"Instruments": VSTs and REs
Notation: Notion 6
Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
Mic: RØDE NT1-A
Controller: Panorama P6/KAWAI VPC1/Atom
Veteran
Veteran
Uncle Paul,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

Other forum members may be able to offer some insight about resolving your issue or suggest an additional workaround while you await a response from PG Music Support. You indicated you're having an issue using the Band-in-a-Box plugin with Reason, is that correct?

If so, you may want to post a problem description either in the +++ Plugin for Windows +++ or +++ Plugin for Mac +++ forum section.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Dear Jim,

thank you for this advice.
I hesitated to post that because of the large amount of Information that goes along with the problem description, but you encouraged me to do this anyhow. I left out some of the minor details and gave it a try.

Thanks again

“Musicians”: UltraPak 2024
DAW: StudioOne Pro 6.5
"Instruments": VSTs and REs
Notation: Notion 6
Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
Mic: RØDE NT1-A
Controller: Panorama P6/KAWAI VPC1/Atom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,560
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200