Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
New song by Johan Hammarström, who kindly let me share the final result in this wonderful forum.

På Söder

Once again BiaB delivered tracks we kept through the production.
Thanks a lot to PG Music for making music come true!

Lead vox, backing vox and rhytm guitar: Johan Hammarström
Backing vox: Birgith Røe
Intro, backing vox, lead guitar, additional instruments, programming, arranger and producer: Einar Olsen (aka molsenhouse)

BiaB tracks:

Style is _CRATO.STY

RealTracks in style: ~719:Bass, Acoustic, Samba Ev 190 (B:energetic)
RealTracks in style: 2892:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FusionFastLatinJeff Ev 190
RealDrums in Style: SambaBrazilBrushAlex: a: SambaBrazilBrushAlexb: SambaBrazilBrushAlex

Soon summer holiday up north – wish you all a healthy and happy Summer. Take care, be safe – make more music!

Last edited by molsenhouse; 06/21/20 10:37 PM.

MacUser!
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The opening is inventive, then the band enters piece by piece and the mood shifts to good times. Really nice, smooth but not overly so vocals. Leads and harmonies tasty. Loved the crowd noises that amped up production. And ends with more invention. A thoroughly enjoyable ride. Makes me wish I was "there".

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A terrific blend of BIAB and REALLY real tracks.
The vocal recording is wonderful...no annoying sibilant sounds, no plosives and a clear, warm vocal.
My only quibble is the crowd noise...with no translation of the narrative I can't see it's purpose and it's footballness is intrusive.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
It takes a very good song to hold my attention for more than 4 minutes. This piece was so well constructed I had to keep listening all the way through just to keep discovering what was coming up next. Great job!

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow!

You had me hooked right from the start with that very cool intro, and things just got better from there.

One of the best songs I have heard on this forum, production and mix are just outstanding! Makes me realize I still have lots to learn in that department.

Very, very good indeed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Einar,

Excellent (as always).

A great example of combining BIAB tracks with tracks from other sources - live and programmed. I kept looking back at your list to see what was what. Where are the horn stabs from? (love 'em!). Superb mix.

A great listen.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Einar & Johan
Very cool tune. Sort of a mix between French chanson, Latin Bossa with Swedish twist smile Excellent performance, listens very well.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
A musical and theatrical opening, that immediately blends into a fantastic Latin rhythm.

Everything about this is just perfect, backings, vocals, stops, lyrics, and musicality.

This song delivers everything.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow!

This is excellent in so many ways...the creativity of the write, arrangement and production is extremely high bar.

The build is very effective.

Excellent vocals.

The instrumental performances are simply nailed!

Pro worthy all the way and deserving of many streams!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Einar and Johan ...

A wonderful song. Mixed and arranged perfectly. The vocal is so clear and holds its own space perfectly. Everything about this has the perfect touch. it was a real pleasure to listen to. very nice work!

Wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Einar
A very enjoyable song. Top notch playing and a great vocal by Johan.
Without the context, I must admit I'd have been thinking a homage to Brazil rather than Stockholm!
A very minor quibble, but I'm also not that keen on the crowd noise.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Tangmo, rayc, Ghostgum, Dave, Floyd, Misha, VideoTrack, Janice & Bud, Alan and Leon:

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR NICE WORDS!
It means a lot to me that you pay attention to the details. As you all know, hours of hard work to chase the vision/image of the sound that I hear in my head.

Someone said: A great song gets even better with a great production!
I always try to keep that in mind during the process – in respect of the people involved.

Just for the records: Johan is a former professional football-player, and the crowd noises are for Hammarby, the team of his heart. He couldn't write a song about Söder not honoring his beloved football club and remembering the atmosphere from the local pubs before a game ;-)

Floyd: The horn stabs are Native Instruments – Session Horns Pro. A great tool if not able to rent a real pro horn section in a big studio.

MacUser!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Such a strong and authentic latin vibe, very enjoyable. But I am a bit confused. Is this the music of Stockholm, Sweden? Not what I would have expected, but I have never been to the site so don't have much idea what to have expected. Likely just a naive question. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Actually, the more I listen to this, the more I like it. I keep somehow coming back for more. This must be a good sign, surely.

Wonderful music.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A highly professional production with very smooth vocals and seemless melding of RT`s with your instruments.
Very enjoyable!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, what a good feeling. I listened twice to make sure I really loved everything about it, Molsenhouse. Now I know I can hear it a thousand times and still love it all --except maybe the crowd. As Rayc said, that may be due to not knowing the language. A huge WOW to Johan Hammarströms too.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
M
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
M
Thanks for listening to this song!

MusicStudent, VideoTrack (once again), Robert and BabuMusic: Thanks for commenting – humbly grateful!

MusicStudent: Sorry to confuse you – it's not the genuine rhythms of Sweden, but if you'll come for a visit, you will hear all kinds of music – lovely latin music too ;-)

MacUser!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,448
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195