Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#603539 - 06/24/20 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt)
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A co-write with Bud Merritt.
Always a pleasure...

OLD WAYS OF FORGETTING

we never worried much about borderlines
stepping over them together in perfect time
i went along helping burn every bridge we ever crossed
you'd laugh and say "don't worry about what we've lost"

but i'm sick of tv, old songs, of who i've been
   a half finished book next to a fifth of gin
   a sad story or drink won't erase that last goodbye
   those old ways of forgetting don't work
   no matter how i try

i danced across the strange landscape you painted
but following blind left me jaded
turns out little of my reasoning was sound
now i've got to try to turn my life around

i'm sick of tv, old songs, of who i've been
   a half finished book next to a fifth of gin
   a sad story or drink won't erase that last goodbye
   those old ways of forgetting don't work
   no matter how i try

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 910:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~2200:Guitar, Nylon, Background CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleBrushesBalladPushEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

Harmony: Janice Merritt (Thanks, Sis!!)

Album Photo: Bud Merritt (a very talented man!)

We hope you enjoy it.
Comments (of any kind) welcome.

fj

#603565 - 06/24/20 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd, Bud and Janice,

This is a genuine Floyd song. that means it's beautiful!
The help from Bud and Janice was -of course- necessary, because now you have a great song, great harmonies and great lyrics.It's true, but I am teasing a bit with my words.
And I deadserious when I tell you the vocals come out really powerful and so bright. I am still aiming to reach this kind of brightness in my mixes. One day...!

I liked the lyrics very much. They make it very visual about what you sing. Especially the gin.
Would you try singing a Dutch song one of these days? With Janice? Think about it.
But very well done, Floyd!

Hans

#603618 - 06/24/20 07:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I love it when you guys get together. Janice, Bud and Floyd -- Well done. A beautiful vocal and lyric. What a cool backtrack. So clear simple and delicate. That steel - wow. Guitar was awesome as well.

#603678 - 06/25/20 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood

The help from Bud and Janice was -of course- necessary, because now you have a great song, great harmonies and great lyrics.It's true, but I am teasing a bit with my words.
And I deadserious when I tell you the vocals come out really powerful and so bright. I am still aiming to reach this kind of brightness in my mixes. One day...!

I liked the lyrics very much. They make it very visual about what you sing. Especially the gin.
Would you try singing a Dutch song one of these days? With Janice? Think about it.

Hans

Hans, thanks for the nice review. Maybe we can find a “Dutch In A Day” language course!

J&B

#603706 - 06/25/20 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: Birchwood]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Hans

Thanks, Hans! But I would call this a "genuine Bud & floyd song". I don't recall the specifics now (since it's been a few years), but a large percentage of the lyrics in this are Bud's doing. As I said...he is a talented man... credit were credit is due...

#603716 - 06/25/20 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi Floyd jane,

nostalic poetry with a soft voice in a pleasant arrangement. Well done, I enjoyed it.

Best regard

Dero13 alias JaniJackFlash

#603797 - 06/25/20 07:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: Scott C]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I love it when you guys get together. Janice, Bud and Floyd -- Well done. A beautiful vocal and lyric. What a cool backtrack. So clear simple and delicate. That steel - wow. Guitar was awesome as well.

Thanks from all of us, Scott...

#603799 - 06/25/20 07:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

More authentic country from your camp. I like it. Well written and well presented song.

#603814 - 06/25/20 11:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
Nice, melancholic tune that I really enjoyed. Listened several times, def worth it!

#603830 - 06/26/20 01:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
The Team of Floyd and Janice and Bud continue to demonstrate their amazing ability to deliver the absolutely perfect material every time.

This is no exception. The recording skill, the mix, the balance, the vocals all are an endless testament to consistent skill, precision, and quality from this team. Yes, this is no exception.

BIAB & RB2023 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#603878 - 06/26/20 09:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd,Bud & Janice,
There`s a masterly touch to the pacing and emotional pitch of this ballad; the chorus is especially well written.
Everything serves the song to a T- vocals,harmonies and arrangement ( love that gentle nylon guitar in the background).
Wonderful!

Robert

#603881 - 06/26/20 09:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Wauconda
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda
There you go again FJ, keeping us in our place. Your songs should humble us all.

Dan

#603921 - 06/26/20 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: Scott C]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C

Thanks Scott. floyd certainly did a heckuva job on the production.

J&B

#603951 - 06/27/20 04:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd, Janice & Bud,

A beautiful song, beautifully performed.
Nearly had me in tears.

Super backing, super vocals, seamless harmony from Janice and an excellent mix.

Nice solo, if brief...

Enjoyed the whole thing.

ROG

#603971 - 06/27/20 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: Derochette]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hi Floyd jane,

nostalic poetry with a soft voice in a pleasant arrangement. Well done, I enjoyed it.

Best regard

Dero13 alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks, Dero! We appreciate you dropping in for a listen...

#604006 - 06/27/20 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Man, what humbling talents. The lyrics are written with the singer in mind, using the appropriate phonetic that keeps the vocal relaxed, while simultaneously composing a compelling feeling. Outstanding in so many way. Bud, Janice and Floyd, you guys present the best of the best this forum have to offer. Love this!!!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#604052 - 06/27/20 03:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: UK
Andyman Offline
Apprentice

Loc: UK
Really enjoyed this from the opening bars onwards. That electric piano sounds sumptuous and immediately sets the right mood for the excellent laid back vocals. The lyrics are just masterful as is the production. In fact, everything about this song is wonderful and to my mind, the only thing that would have have made it even better would have been an extended instrumental break (either guitar or piano), but that's just personal preference and would have taken it over the four minute mark. This song could be used to advertise the high level that can be achieved when BIAB is in the hands of skilful people. Well done Floyd, Bud & Janice !

#604055 - 06/27/20 04:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd, Bud, Janice

A wonderful arrangement, vocal, lyric and melody.
A poignant lead vocal, expressive and sincere sounding. Janice always blend with you so well it's uncanny.
Loved the lyric which I understand was a large part from Bud's pen.

A top quality song.

Peter

#604060 - 06/27/20 05:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

FJ and Crew,
Sad and beautiful or beautiful and sad, can not make my mind.
Took me two listens to fully appreciate it. I am not going to go in to dissection mode. It is amazing as whole. Congrats to all members of the team on this little gem! Enjoyed it much! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. Photo suits it very well.

#604099 - 06/27/20 10:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Old Ways Of Forgetting (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
I listened to this almost as soon as it was posted, then a few times since.
For some reason I didn't want to comment then.
Probably because the song, performance & recording need nothing from me.
I'm only putting words on the screen because I want you to know I'm not ignoring such a stellar piece.
I'll leave it at that...nothing need be said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37072 Members
64 Forums
77083 Topics
683212 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Selene059, Sarah Jackson, steviet, lelpep1, KK83

37072 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 180
MarioD 157