Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
MeldaProduction’s MonasteryGrand is a free multi-gigabyte piano for your DAW

https://www.musicradar.com/news/meldaproductions-monasterygrand-is-a-free-multi-gigabyte-grand-piano

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for posting, Bob. This is a wonderful sounding piano.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It IS a beautiful sounding piano.

Something is not clear to me...

The piano (which is always free) requires their MSoundFactory to play it.
You can try that for free, but once it times out, it turns into the (always free) MSoundFactory Player - for the original full version you must pay $223.

There seems to be no indication that the piano would still work (with the free Player) - as far as I can see...

So isn't this really a trial - not really a "free piano"??

(not that I need ANOTHER piano...but we all like toys...)

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, on this page https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryPlayer/instruments

it indicates that the piano will work on the free player.

I'm in the process of DLing all of the free stuff so hopefully in a couple of days I can report what I find. Life is getting in the way of my music and computer time.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Mario... I do not see on that page where it says "this will work with the free version of MSoundFactory" (or the "Player").

It shows (at the top) "Instruments for MSoundFactoryPlayer".

There are 3 versions of the MSoundFactoryPlayer - Full, LE, and Player.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryPlayer

Like Kontact. If you do not have the full version (of Kontact), there are a lot of free instruments that you cannot use...

Now... on the piano page
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MonasteryGrand
it does say...

"...Yes, it's totally free! All you have to do is to download it and install within MSoundFactory virtual instrument (which has its free version too)."

But nowhere does it specifically state "The MonasteryGrand only requires the Player version of MSoundFactoryPlayer" (unless I'm missing that statement).

So...I'm still wondering.

I might download it to play around with it - if I can install it on my "junk computer" which is not connected to the internet. But downloading 6 GIG takes a long time....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You guys can't image how happy I am to have you blazing the trial on this for me. In this case I can be working on making music and looking forward to your findings. Hope I can return the favor some day. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hi, Mario... I do not see on that page where it says "this will work with the free version of MSoundFactory" (or the "Player").

It shows (at the top) "Instruments for MSoundFactoryPlayer".

There are 3 versions of the MSoundFactoryPlayer - Full, LE, and Player.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryPlayer

Like Kontact. If you do not have the full version (of Kontact), there are a lot of free instruments that you cannot use...

My mistake. I read player and being a Kontakt user I thought player would be the free version. It is a really confusing as all three versions are called player.

I'm going to load it up on my Internet computer, not my music computer, and see what happens when the player turns into the free player.

{edit} I just installed this onto my Internet computer. This is my impression of this software. Others may not agree.

Problem #1 - The installer is an installer for all of their software packages. There is no MSoundFactoryPlayer listed. I clicked on the little house just to the right of MSoundFactory and it took me to the web site that shows the DL windows of MSoundFactoryPlayer. So I installed it.

Problem #2 - The MSoundFactory is a demo that contains a very limited number of sounds. I opened BiaB and added the MSoundFactory VST.

Problem #3 - Well not really a problem but I auditioned a number of sounds using BiaB. I was not impressed with any of the included sounds. There was a number of options and effects one could play with but again I was not impressed, especially considering this is a demo for a $300 product.

Bottom line was I deleted it from my computer. I have much better sounds in Kontakt, FM8, Korgs M1 and Wavestation, etc, than what MSoundFactory demoed. YMMV

Last edited by MarioD; 06/26/20 03:26 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Mario for the detailed update and your thoughts. Saves me from adding yet another freebie that is of little use.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Thanks Mario for the detailed update and your thoughts. Saves me from adding yet another freebie that is of little use.

Jeff

I'll second that!

I tried downloading it and the dl failed 200M into it.

So, again, Thanks Mario!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks guys. I am chasing this topic over in the Reaper Forum. Will let you know if anything comes of it.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sorry for posting something that isn't of any use guys.

I don't use things like this since the only thing I'm interested in recording is live stringed instruments.

I thought it might be useful to some of you so I posted it.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here is what the Reaper post is concluding up to this point..

Quote:
The free player doesn't time out. (It installs with a bunch of sounds that are not included with the free version and don't play, typical Melda confusion and unfortunate design.)

The new piano installs and plays fine with it.

From Melda...

Quote:
All MeldaProduction tools are installed via one universal installer. You get the free MSoundFactoryPlayer, by installing MSoundFactory 15-days fully working trial version end letting it expire.

Includes 32-bit and 64-bit plugins.
Includes all effects & instruments (12.00 and newer), lets you choose which to install.
Free plugins work indefinitely.
Commercial plugins have 15 day trials, then start emitting noise. You can purchase a licence for those you like later and activate them. You will get a licence to all your computers, Windows & Mac, with free-for-life updates.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
So I gave it the old college try. I don't often get my [*****] kicked by a VST install, but despite multiple attempts to install this application, no files were placed where they claimed or could be found by Reaper. So it was not possible to run this VST. Normally I would go to the web site and beg for help. But in this case there was a simple executable file to delete the whole thing. I chose that path.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Sorry for posting something that isn't of any use guys.

I don't use things like this since the only thing I'm interested in recording is live stringed instruments.

As I say in my New York City accent "Forget about it"!

You were just trying to be a nice guy and share a possible gold mine in sounds. It wasn't your fault that the MFG has such a convoluted install package for a weak sounding (IMHO) demo.

Thanx for sharing that site anyway!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Mario.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
So I gave it the old college try. I don't often get my [*****] kicked by a VST install, but despite multiple attempts to install this application, no files were placed where they claimed or could be found by Reaper. So it was not possible to run this VST. Normally I would go to the web site and beg for help. But in this case there was a simple executable file to delete the whole thing. I chose that path.

It is a very convoluted install package.

FYI - The uninstall does not uninstall everything. There is a C:/Program file/ MeldaProduction folder you can delete. Also go to C:/user/owner/appdata/roaming and delete the MeldaProduction folder there. Finally I ran cCleaner to eliminate those left over files in both the regular scan and the registry scan.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for looking out for me. Not like me to miss that, but my mind has been a bit occupied these days with all the craziness going on...

Actually, I think I was more enticed by the "story" behind Monastery Grand (likely all marketing BS), than by the promise of the sounds. I have a couple go-to pianos so I am not lacking. But nothing ventured nothing gained. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I'll leave all of the computer/electronic whiz bang stuff to you guys. I don't use any of it.

I won't post anything else in this category unless I've tried it first.

I gave up on BIAB about 7 or so years ago. Even though they include numerous bluegrass styles, as far as I can tell they are still notating 99.9% of it in sixteenth notes instead of eighth notes.

It's not just my opinion that this is incorrect, ... it's how 99.9% of it is actually written. There does seem to be a work around, but you should only have to use a work around if you are trying to do something that goes against standard notation or tablature.

I won't ever be upgrading or recommending the program to anyone until this is fixed.

OOPS! I got got sidetracked. LOL

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
I'll leave all of the computer/electronic whiz bang stuff to you guys. I don't use any of it.

I won't post anything else in this category unless I've tried it first.

Don't do that. Please keep posting stuff like this. I post a lot of stuff that I don't use or try because it may benefit someone else. This was just a really weird thing. I have never seen anything like this before and I have been on a number of sites and DLed and used or tried their products with no problems.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob - I appreciate that you posted this. It looked really interesting.
And it STILL might be a good piano to have.

Mario - did you download the piano (3.5 GB) and try it?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,182
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185