Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Below is described my problem with BAIB 2020 64 bit.

I attach the Korg Triton plugin to a track in Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) for Strings. I choose I nice Triton Software string track (via a Triton VST and the Plugins tab in BIAB) whether a Program or a Combination. But as soon as I click play in BIAB the Triton plug in reverts to some A000 Program or other non-chosen bank. It does not retain the Program or Combination patch I had chosen--so the sound changes and is the wrong one. Can anyone help me with this? Also can I choose a Combination to fill a track in BIAB or must I content myself with choosing Programs only? (Combinations are made up of two or more Programs. For example a Combination might be called "Grand Piano and Analog Strings" which is made up of a grand piano Program and an Analog String Program.)

Veteran
Veteran
Hello Peter,

The style you're using likely assigned a midi instrument to the track you have the Triton plugin on. Another possible cause is you may have placed the Triton plugin in slot 1 of the track. Slot 1 of each track is reserved for whatever DXI/VST soft synth you have the program set up to use. If that is the issue you need to put the plugin in slot 2.

You can import a "blank" instrument from a blank style. There are four blank styles. None of the blank styles have midi instrument track assignments. The bad news is removing a midi instrument also removes the underlying midi.

After you have imported a "blank" instrument, save the modified style under a new name. Then it will be available for future use as a "User" style.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Hello Jim,

Thanks for replying. The string track had a midi string sound with Bandstand as the sound engine. (Bandstand is my default sound engine for BIAB 2020 32 bit.) This is normal. But what I did is in the string track I went to the "Plugins" tab and attached the .dll for the Korg Triton Software. The Triton software opened up and I picked a patch that I wanted to play the string sound. It sounded very nice in hitting the virtual keyboard on the Triton VST. However, when I chose play in BIAB the Triton did provide the sound for the string track however instead of playing Program A056 (example patch number) or Combination A089 (or whatever it actually but it was not A001)) it sounded Program A001 (actual patch).
I want the Triton VST plugin to keep with my chosen patch rather than just playing Program A001.

Veteran
Veteran
Peter,

The Triton patch number will be reset each time the Triton encounters an instrument patch change midi event.

One way around this is use Band-in-a-Box's event list filter to find and delete any existing instrument patch changes.

Press F1 to open Band-in-a-Box's help file and search the term "Event List Editor". One way to open the editor is to navigate to: Window menu > Notation > Event List Editor.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (38.5 KB, 61 downloads)
Event List Editor Filter by patch name

P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Thanks Jim I'll investigate this. I am still hoping I will be able to add multiple instance of Triton VSTi on various parts as VST Plugin.

Veteran
Veteran
Peter,

Your use of various parts confuses me. Please clarify.

P
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
P
Jim, by "various parts" I mean "various tracks" in BIAB. For example, I could use the Triton Software VST (.dll) to provide the plugin for the BIAB Strings track and use another instance of the Triton VST to provide the sound for the BIAB Piano track. (With Kontakt 6 I have found by choosing the apporriate midi channel I get BIAB to sound with the instrument chosen. For example, if I want to use a Kontakt-based string library I can choose the string instrument I want and assign it to MIDI channel 7 and then that sound will play in BIAB in the Strings track. I was so so pleased with the strings sound I got by using Cinematic Studio Strings yesterday!)

Veteran
Veteran
I assume Triton operates the same as Kontakt in this respect. How does it differ?

For clarification I'm thinking the Kontakt plugin allows multiple instances of the plugin to be used in a song project. I assume each instance of the plugin can be set to read the output of one midi channel.

I've seen a video tutorial where one instance of Kontakt can be set up in my DAW, Cakewalk by BandLab, to accept midi data output from multiple midi tracks. However Cakewalk allows the user to select which midi channel a track uses and where the track output is sent. Band-in-a-Box allows the user to change a track's midi channel assignment from default but does not allow a user to select where the track output is sent.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195