#604987 07/03/20 08:43 AM
User Showcase
B
Bawb Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
https://soundcloud.com/user-619066495-714650428/drinking-that-muddy-water-vocals

Drinking Muddy Water

Verse 1
When I was first told the Word
It was like music to my ears
The sweetest song I ever heard
It brought my soul to tears
A song of deliverance sung
About a blind man who was made to see
Forgiven for things he'd done
And a bound man had been freed

Verse 2
Well, I came from dirt
And that's all I was ever told
Nothing but wickedness in my heart
And a filthy, wretched soul
Somehow the Lord put a righteousness
Where that evil used to dwell
Gave me clear and pure water
When I drank from His well

Break
And it felt like

Chorus
All my life
I been drinking muddy water
Choking on my lies
Choking on my sins
Now that I've
Had pure water of Your Word
After what I've heard
Knowing where I've been
I can't go back
To drinking that muddy water
Drinking that muddy water, Lord
Ever again

Verse 3
In the name of the Spirit, Son and Father
There in a mountain stream
I went under the water
And I came back up redeemed
Washed clean of the haunting
By the ghosts from my past
No longer thirsty or wanting
Free at last, FREE AT LAST!

Chorus
All my life
I been drinking muddy water
Choking on my lies
Choking on my sins
Now that I've
Had pure water of Your Word
After what I've heard
Knowing where I've been
I can't go back
To drinking that muddy water
Drinking that muddy water, Lord
Ever again

And here's the band:
Hammers.STY Hammers Modern Pop Ballad
Key of: F# Tempo 70
Instruments:
Bass- 3458: Bass, Electric, Americana
Piano- 2693: Piano, Acoustic, RHythm Modern16ths
Drums- Real Drums JazzFunkGroovin
Organ- 2692: Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike
Guitar 1- 1761: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming, Pop 16ths
Guitar 2- 1765: Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop 16ths
Fiddle- 109: Fiddle, Background George

Thanks for checking it out...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bawb,

Shows you how fast this forum (the Showcase) is turning these days...
I found this half way down the 2nd page without any comments...

A good hook/title - and an excellent write. You are good at this. The small amount of "Christian Rock" (not sure if that is the right label even) I've heard is pretty bland. Your songs are definitely NOT!

Your vocals are always good. Reminds me of John Berry - but ratcheted up by a factor of 3...

Good band and a good mix. Well done in all regards.

fj

Bawb - thanks for the nice comments on "Back Home". It was a nice surprised to see that pop up from the past. It, too, has fallen to page 2, so I won't bump it again...but I wanted you to know I do appreciate having anyone listen to anything from the past... Thanks!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, this was a surprise ( I mean that is a very good way grin) . The message in the lyrics so powerful. Nicely done mate.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G
Hi Bawb.
You can sure sell a song. I find my self looking forward in anticipation to anything you post and this song is no exception .
My personal opinion is that you sound like you are singing in a different room to the rest of the "band" which results in the "band" overshadowing the listening experience somewhat .With your talent you should be front and center !
Perhaps try panning the individual instruments and giving them some reverb to give them some depth while placing your vox in the centre with a dry treatment with a lttle compression and gain.
This is not a criticism but only a personal preference. I love your music anyway you want to present it.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Another very cool, very passionate song!! I like both I heard today but I like this one better! Very well done in every way!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely backtrack. Love the way you started the song. Super vocal and lyric. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bawb,
My introduction to your songs ( blush- there`s alot of music rolling through the forum now).
I`m very impressed with the passion in your vocals; a song of redemption with some of the depths from the bottom of the well felt; I like that!
The backing and vocal processing sound good, though I agree there`s a slight disconnect between the two "rooms".
Very very good heartfelt music!

Robert

User Showcase
B
Bawb Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
I was kind of hesitant to reply as it bumps the message to the top. So I'm just going to bunch all of the comments into this post.

Floyd Jane, I truly appreciate your comments and advice on all of my posts.

Music Student, I'm glad it was a pleasant surprise.

Gary Weder, Thanks for the mixing advice, but to be honest, I am operating blindly on the mixing portion. I have little knowledge on the fine tuning aspects. I'm definitely still learning. I appreciate your comments and advice.

Greg Johnson, Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Scott C, thanks for listening and commenting both here and on the soundcloud site

Robertkc, Thanks for taking the time to listen. The two rooms comment is actually what I'm kind of stuck on. For some reason I kept redlining the monitors on RealBand. I had to stand about 4 feet away from the mic at times just to get the levels down into the yellow/green. Then I applied "gentle leveling" on the vocal track under compression. I'll figure it out.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW! You have one hell of a voice! Love it!

Super lyrics, backing tracks, and mix makes this one outstanding song.

You should be very proud of this one.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
1. IMO, there is no issue in bumping it to the top as long as it is a relatively recent post and/or folks are responding whom you want to thank. Things move fast. Why not let more folks enjoy it? FWIW!!

2. Speaking of which we tried to enjoy it but got an error message from SC saying the track had been removed??

J&B

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Same here.. couldn't hear the track

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199