Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#605154 - 07/04/20 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Time Passes (Peter on guitar)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Time Passes
(c) 2020 B. Merritt/J. Merritt/P. Fulham

Decades ago one of Bud's bandmates was fond of saying “time passes and things change.” This is a bit of a tribute to him.

Thanks to Peter for the great guitar tracks!

Your time to listen and comment is much appreciated.

Be safe.

Janice: Vocals, melody and arrangement
Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Logic Pro X > Nectar 2 / BGV Waves CLA Vocals

Peter: Guitars - acoustic Intro/fills & electric solos

Bud: engineering, mixing, mastering, lyric, photo, etc.

Drums: RD NashvilleBrushesCountryPop
Waves CLA Drums

Bass: RT 2877 Acoustic, AmericanaSlow
Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3

Piano:
MIDI SuperTrack 1809 Piano, Rhythm CountryBalladJohn
MIDI SuperTrack 2099 Piano, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld
Logic Pro X Steinway Grand > Waves CLA Unplugged

Rhythm Guitar:
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking
RT 1680 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Held
Waves CLA Unplugged

Mastering: Ozone 9 EQ > Ozone 9 Imager > Ozone 9 Maximizer
> Logic Pro X Loudness Meter > Ozone 9 Tonal Balance

Lyric on SC

#605158 - 07/04/20 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Thanks for sharing this! I hope all is well with all of you!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#605172 - 07/04/20 04:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg

#605173 - 07/04/20 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T

#605215 - 07/05/20 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I signed in for a very short time; but gave this a listen. It's strange to have a certain expectation, when you see the names that are listed, and think "Well, this will be great." The reason it's strange for me is, I have an expectation; yet it's a new take on that expectation. Every song a familiar place I have never been before. smile

MANY more accolades are deserving. You know me, I would right a book. I have time for a sentence today. Sorry for that.

Thanks for sharing this! I hope all is well with all of you!

Great to hear from you and we hope you and family are well.

Thank you for the kind words.

“ Every song a familiar place I have never been before. :)”

Now that’s worthy of being a song line. Hmmmmm....

Be safe!

J&B

#605266 - 07/05/20 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon

#605292 - 07/05/20 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Your unique and highly anticipated signature shines again through this ballad.

I particularly liked the vocal harmonies and backing vocals, really enjoyable, and gave depth.

Well done.
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#605330 - 07/06/20 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter,

A beautiful song in all its facets; the composition, lyrics, vocals and band. But you are most likely, used to those qualifications.
All your songs are. But this song is so more personal and that is what you (I) hear in the way you sing it and play it.
'Time passes, things change', I rewrote it a bit: Time may pass, but you stay!
That's all I can say (rhymes too, but doesn't belong to theformer line). Nice song, nice thoughts and well brought.
Maybe, just maybe... a tiny pedal steel in it?

Stay safe there,
Hans

#605350 - 07/06/20 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a lovely song and message in the lyric. Beautiful vocal Janice. Peters guitar in the background was so delicate and complimentary. I am so glad you included the equipment specifications Bud uses to mix and produce your songs. I taking a deep diving into the mixing world and this is very useful for me. Your mixes as always so clear and so easy to pick out each individual instrument in the song but blended so tastefully.

#605371 - 07/06/20 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Beautiful! Simply beautiful. Just the right amount of melancholy, just the right amount of hope within that melancholic sound, too. Wistful and a masterful achievement. I loved it - thank you.

#605448 - 07/06/20 11:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.

#605470 - 07/07/20 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Heard this when you first uploaded to SC a while back. Loved it then and love it now!

Everything about this works, from Peters guitar work (perfect) to Janice's vocal (especially like what she did for the BG vox) to the write, the arrangement, and the mix.

This is right up there with your best and is very, very good indeed!

#605547 - 07/07/20 07:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A wonderful listen!!! Listening to Peter's guitar and Janice's voice, it's hard not to be impressed and moved!! Really lovely stuff!! I'm getting to the age where I wish time would pass a little more slowly! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg it's always a pleasure to be invited in on these songs.

Peter

#605587 - 07/08/20 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg, I (Bud) feel that Peter and Janice work together well also. We appreciate you listening and commenting.

J&B

#605597 - 07/08/20 07:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Beautiful and stately, in a melancholy way. Fantastic vocal and arrangement. ++Guitar work. Loved it!

#605619 - 07/08/20 11:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: rayc]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: rayc
This gives me a sense of the Rita Coolidge and other stuff happening around the Mad Dog's tour...not the swirling in the centre but the calm, gentle pretty stuff that ached for Woodstock's forest cabins and searched for Bonnie & Delaney's spirit.

I dig ray's comment on this! Nail-on-the-head.

Excellence abounds.

A good write - lyric and melody. It has the comforting sound and message that a good "graveside song" has. A musical eulogy.

The BAND sounds great (of course). Peter's guitar fits perfectly (of course).

Janice sings like an angel (of course).

Excellent mix (of course).

Of course.

smile

fj

#605659 - 07/08/20 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B/Peter, this song for some reason has a much different feel than much of your other work! Janice's vocal brings it back into familiar territory but the backtrack has almost almost a Southern rock ballad sound to it! Especially when you factor in Peters guitar sound with a dryer tone than usual which suits this well! His solo puts me in me of some early Rod Stewart work (You Wear It Well). Great write and production! Thanks, T

Thanks Torrey. Yes, it was somewhat experimental and we are happy you like it!

J&B

#605666 - 07/08/20 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Lovely ballad, touching sentiments. Great vocals and lyrics. Electric guitar sounds wonderful. The band isn't too bad either. Good one.

#605689 - 07/09/20 05:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
For me, this is simply one of your best. I like everything about it. Peter's guitar is tasteful and the perfect tone for the song. Vocals, harmonies are spot on. And Bud, you must have been watching the perfect sunset while writing the lyrics.... whatever set the mood, it worked... Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great write, performance, arrangement and production.

#605759 - 07/09/20 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
A lovely, reflective song, with a great vocal by Janice, as always. Peter's fills and solo fit the mood perfectly. Another fine job by all.
Regards,
Leon

Thank you Leon. Peter did a fine job with guitar tracks indeed.

J&B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by Endorsing Artist Gabriel Mark Hasselbach: https://youtu.be/86DOXpAbf7I

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box since my Atari days and the program has grown and blossomed like a hothouse flower! My history of 10 Billboard hits, 14 albums, Juno awards, Album of the Year Award, and JazzWeek charting has all been interwoven with Band in the Box. A great tool for songwriting, arranging, preproduction, and even finished projects. Visionary work PG Music!"
- Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Learn more about Gabriel Mark Hasselbach.

Forum Stats
36544 Members
64 Forums
75717 Topics
667277 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Fbiss, MSC, chascarter, muzakman, bvi

36544 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 165
MarioD 122