You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#605424 - 07/06/20 05:27 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] No sound from new download
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Hi all,
I recently downloaded the ProjectSam Free Orchestra which is designed to work with Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 6 Player.
But when I use the Free Orchestra in RealBand, with Kontakt 6 Player as a plug-in, there is no sound most of the time (weirdly, occasionally some of the instruments will work for a while, then stop) .
When I run the the Free Orchestra in Kontakt 6 Player as a standalone, I can hear all the instruments (by hitting the on-screen Kontakt keys).
I have tried the 32-bit and 64-bit Kontakt Player with same results. (I am using J-Bridge).
I also tried the Free Orchestra in BIAB, using Kontakt 6 Player, and it works fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
If anyone wants to try and replicate the issue, the free download is available at:
https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra/

Edited by mkg50 (Mike G) (07/06/20 05:35 PM)

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#605554 - 07/07/20 07:29 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: mkg50 (Mike G)]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Are you going past the 15 minute limit the Free Kontakt Player imposes on paid libraries that are not Free Player certified by Native Instruments?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#605560 - 07/07/20 09:30 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: Jim Fogle]
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Hi Jim, No, I don't even get to 15 minutes. There is usually no sounds from the start.
THOUGH, when one instrument decided to work, I saved the RB file (SEQ). Now, when ever I open the file, I can play that track.
BUT if I then open the VSTi/Dxi synth panel to tweak the sound or choose another instrument, the sound immediately stops.
The website ProjectSam/Free Orchestra website boasts about how the program works as part of Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 6 Player.
The Free Orchestra Library is visible in Native Access, with my other Kontakt licensed instruments (see attached).
I do notice though that the Free Orchestra is not showing the size of the library in Native Access like the other libraries but when I check the folder where my Kontakt libraries are stored the files are there. Weird!!
Thanks Jim for any help you or anyone is able to give.
Cheers,
Mike

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#605582 - 07/08/20 06:36 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: mkg50 (Mike G)]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Hi Mike,

Here are a couple of things off of the top of my head:

1-Make sure that RB is using the same version of Kontakt as BiaB, i.e. Kontakt Player 6.2.1 or higher. I had a similar issue when a Kontakt update didn't put the dll in the right folder.

2-Make sure your MIDI output channels match the Kontakt input channels.

3-Only use the 32 bit orchestra in RB. jBridge is an excellent program but it is not always perfect. When I was using 32 bit programs in a 64 bit DAW jBridge worked around 97%, but there was a few programs it didn't bridge correctly, most likely do to the VST taking illegal programing short cuts.

If you still need help then later, maybe tomorrow, I can DL it and check it out.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#605636 - 07/08/20 01:29 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda, Il.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hi Mike,

This is a very common error. Set you Knotakt to ALL.

But what I see most is that the BIAB midi octave level is mismatched with Kontakt. BIAB will usually put the midi down too low (or too high) on the keyboard. There are a couple ways to adjust this in your DAW. Don't know about RB.

#605641 - 07/08/20 02:38 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: MusicStudent]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hi Mike,

This is a very common error. Set you Knotakt to ALL.

But what I see most is that the BIAB midi octave level is mismatched with Kontakt. BIAB will usually put the midi down too low (or too high) on the keyboard. There are a couple ways to adjust this in your DAW. Don't know about RB.

Dan brings up an important point. Most GM sound sources use the entire 88 keyboard for their sounds while the better sound sources like Kontakt and Sample Tank will only use the real ranges of the instrument they are emulating. So with Kontakt open and its piano keys showing look where the notes are being played. If they are out of the range you will have to transpose the MIDI track. Most of the time you have to transpose up an octave.

Good luck.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#606521 - 07/14/20 06:46 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: MarioD]
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Mario and Dan. I've tried and checked everything you've suggested but the problem remains.
I also emailed PG Music "support" but as usual I got no response. I also got no response from Native Instruments and ProjectSam.
Mike

#606576 - 07/15/20 06:49 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: mkg50 (Mike G)]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Mike,check what version of Kontakt Player 6 is installed, both in stand alone and the VSTi. That free orchestra calls for version Kontakt Player 6.2.1 or higher. You must have at least that installed.

I ran into the same problem with a paid Kontakt preset program. It played in the stand alone but not in the VSTi. It turned out that the last Kontakt update put the VSTi dll in another folder and not in my VST folder. So the VSTi was an older version that those purchased presets would not play. Once I moved the dll into the right folder all was good.

#608274 - 07/27/20 06:12 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: No sound from new download [Re: MarioD]
mkg50 (Mike G) Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Mario. Your suggestions sounded quite promising but I searched my drive for a later VSTi dll but found none.
I have Kontakt Player version 6.3.1 installed.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Mike

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33208 Members
67 Forums
66028 Topics
566764 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Howlwie, Antodesi, vassilisk, Jamery122, AHR

33208 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 171
MarioD 157