Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Gordon S
I'm waiting for the final chorus toi see if the melody reappears... No. Pooh!

There's an easy answer to that that I realised in the middler of the night and yes, it's a PICNIC.

When I started over from the SGU and imported the MIDI again, did I change the number of choruses in BIAB to match the MIDI? No. Doh!

Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

I think you know this, but just in case you don't... you can't have a RealTrack play a MIDI melody you. You can have a MIDI patch / sforzando / synth plugin play a MIDI melody using whatever patch you want, however the RealTracks consist of both the instrument and arrangement playing over the chords you have entered. It isn't going to play your melody.

I didn't at the start of this thread, though I'd learned it by he end. I selected a RealTrack to render the MIDI and it did _seem_ to have worked. Where thiongs went badly wrong was later, I imagine because the RealTrack then overrode the MIDI. My understanding now is that it probably shouildn't (doesn't?) works and maybe I had something else kick in to do the render. Certainly the soind changed, though whether or not that was to the RealTrack instrument I can't presently say. I may explore sometime to find out.

A. Melody menu | Mute melody in middle choruses [checked]. This is a quick way to do it, but this is not a song setting and is not saved with your song.

OK, that statement will save me some future puzzlement.

B. Bar settings - click on Bar 1 and press F5: select chorus 2, set the Melody to 'Mute'. Then select chorus 6 and set it to 'back to normal'.

Which concurs with MusicStudent (Dan?)'s F5 advice and also to my increasing confidence that that is the most robust way to do it.

I've just opened the file I saved late last night and I don't see what I bel;ieved I'd saved, notably the melody track is back to the RealTrack that I'd erased and reimported, and my soloists track has again the "Assign RealTracks" clarinetist that was playing all the solos. I guess this is becasue I still have some residual RealTrack stuff around that's causing BIAB to rebuild the song, probably when I reload it.

The question, of course, is how do I remove the RealTracks. I went to "Select RealTracks" from the Mixer and selected "None" for the melody track, which leaves me with no instrument, so I can set a MIDI instrument, but when I do the same for the soloists I get "1152 Silence". I'm rather presuming now that it the soloists track is now showing the RealTrack from the F5->RealTracks settings, which is "[Silent]".

The Soloist dialog still shows the RealTrack and still shows Instrument Clarinet, so it's still hanging around somewhere. Playing the song plays a clarinet solo at the start (I huess right through, thouigh I didn't let it run). Oddly, as I still had no melody I changed via the mixer from the Sforzando Guitar I had to GM2 guitar, which I later noticed had not appeared on the mixer, played the song, still no melody, but now I have the solos I expected, not the clarinet. I imagine that I need at some point to force a regeneration. Again, likely mostly my unfamiliarity.

I will add, though, that as I gradually get to grips with getting BIAB to do what I want, my respect for the end result grows and grows. It may be a puzzle for a newbie to use, but it certainly delivers the goods once one even just begins to get to grips with it.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/10/20 12:11 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< The question, of course, is how do I remove the RealTracks. >>

Try this: Right click on the Track and from the drop down menu select -- Track Actions\Set Track to default settings

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Try this: Right click on the Track and from the drop down menu select -- Track Actions\Set Track to default settings

Hmm, curious ... that works on the lower number tracks, but didn't on the soloists track ... I think that's probably because the soloists track has players set vis F5, where the others don't. I can test that ... OK, if I set a RealTrack via F5, the earlier track also will not clear it with set to defaults. Removing the F5 RealTrack settings does then allow set to defaults to work. The mixer description only changes after a regenerate, which explains some of my earlier confusion.

I rather expected the Mixer's display of soloist details to follow the soloist playing, but it seems just to stay permanently at the first soloist. No issue, but a shame.

At the moment, when I do things with it, BIAB now mostly does what I expect, though I'm still a little uncertain about which "this" overrides which "that" under which circumstances. Sticking with the F5 method alone seems pretty consistent and robust. I'm sure I'll trip over more things in the future ... MIDI supertracks are probably waiting in ambush :-D

It probably time now for me to save this track away and begin another to help me properly lock the process into my head and make sure I really do understand how to do these things.

Thanks everyone for your guidance. It's been really helpful.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/10/20 05:03 AM.

Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Which concurs with MusicStudent (Dan?)'s F5 advice and also to my increasing confidence that that is the most robust way to do it.

You can definitely use F5 bar settings, but it IS different with a MIDI melody since in that case you are just preventing a "static" MIDI part from playing/repeating during those choruses. With a generated RealTracks, it's possible you would mute a generated riff halfway through the riff which would sound less natural than if you generate the riff so that it has a natural end point prior to the start of the muted bars. But at this point we're probably just splitting hairs...

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hmm, well I thought I had the idea, but there appears another layer I didn't appreciate.

I have MIDI in the melody again and RealTracks elsewhere. As before I've set soloists for choruses 2 through 5 usinf F5 and as before I think, I'm muting the melodt track via F5 through those same choruses ... or I'd intended to. However at present it's not muting and I'm getting no solos.

I went back to the soloist dialog and set Mute melody in middle and it now works as I expect. Now I wonder why the F5 mute didn't work but this does. Is that exppected or do I have something else twisted?

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hmmm...

I went away for a while and came back. Solos gone again and melody playinmg again. I think I'll go through all this again tomorrow.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
OK, well I've found at least some of what happens...

I used the mixer channel "track actions" to set the soloists channel to defaults and erase the MIDI. The soloists on the mixes now shows empty, though there are RealTrack soloists set via F5. I have soloists set for choruses 2, 3 and 4, but no <Silent> until chorus 5. When I play this I get the melody in multiple choruses (presumed all), but no solos.

If I now open the soloists dialog, I see that there's an instrument already selected ... style 1 Bebop Saxophone, Instrument Tenor Sax. Mute melody in middle is checked. If now I click Cancel, the dialog closes with no effect. I click OK it _applies_ that saxophone and regenerates, but now I _do_ get the melody muted but the solos are all that saxophone. BTW, I do get a short cropped melody note at the very start of chorus #2 prior to the first sax note. I'm not sure whether that's what Andy was refering or somwthing else.

If I now again default and erase the soloist track and set chorus #1 to <silence> and regenerate, it agains reverts to melody in at least two choruses and no solos, so the <silence> appearce to do nothing useful and the Mute of the melody track in chorus 2 appears to do nothing.

Back to the soloist dialog, Mute melody in middle is still checked, Beebop sax still as a default. Instrument still Tenor Sax, so set that to <no patch change>, click OK, it regenerates and plays automaticaly. That sax is back in the mixer soloist. Melody plays for chorus 1, a croped note, then that sax all the solos again. Still no RealTrack.

Erase the MIDI sax, use F5 to set soloist to <silence> on the All Choruses option. No auto-regenerate, so regenerated manually. The blooming MIDI sax appears in the mixer yet again when I click the regenerate+run, but this time the sax goes away again and does not play the solos. Why differenet? The melody does no mute.

Now I go to the RealTracks picker. As I have to pick somnething to enable the Meloy button, I select a clarinet and then click Medley. I click start on second and then add <Silence>, three instruments and <Silence> and Generate track. Despite (twice, I believe) having said start on second, it plays both the the RealTrack clarinet and the melody over multiple choruses.

For the present I run out of ideas and take a break.

A really useful feature for the future might be a graphical overview of what BIAB thinks it will play where and when, perhaps a matrix of tiny buttons for the bars, colour coded by midi/audio/realtrack/whetever, with a hover stating exactly what's configured at that bar.

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C

Hmm, curious ... that works on the lower number tracks, but didn't on the soloists track ... I think that's probably because the soloists track has players set vis F5, where the others don't. I can test that ... OK, if I set a RealTrack via F5, the earlier track also will not clear it with set to defaults. Removing the F5 RealTrack settings does then allow set to defaults to work. The mixer description only changes after a regenerate, which explains some of my earlier confusion.

I rather expected the Mixer's display of soloist details to follow the soloist playing, but it seems just to stay permanently at the first soloist. No issue, but a shame.

At the moment, when I do things with it, BIAB now mostly does what I expect, though I'm still a little uncertain about which "this" overrides which "that" under which circumstances. Sticking with the F5 method alone seems pretty consistent and robust. I'm sure I'll trip over more things in the future ... MIDI supertracks are probably waiting in ambush :-D

It probably time now for me to save this track away and begin another to help me properly lock the process into my head and make sure I really do understand how to do these things.

Thanks everyone for your guidance. It's been really helpful.

I tested on both the Melody Track and the Soloist Track and it worked for me on my SGU file. On the file you're working on, many attempts have been made using a variety of different methods and your SGU file may contain remnants from these attempts that haven't been completely removed or undone. This could be creating issues between overlapping techniques.

It would be interesting to examine your SGU file directly if it's something you are comfortable to share. What you're attempting is quite easy once you know how to do it from beginning to end but as you've learned so far, the journey itself can be a bit treacherous... I think this thread can help a lot of viewers.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/11/20 02:53 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Mixed up ovelapping techniques is my guess of what's going wrong. That will not have been helped my my failure to understand that one only answers OK if one really means it. Any and all other exits should be Cancel.

I'm happy to share, though this file for me was always an MGU as I received it from a band member. It's a jazz standard: A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square.

I've put my weird version here: https://www.gscott.me.uk/Music/BIAB/

The melody presents fairly awfully in it :-(

Is there some means to examine the content inteligently? I've looked with a text editor, but there's lots on non-printable data, so I just quite out.

I don't seem to have a "before" for this. I have another version that's clearly related but with a simple four bar intro, rather than the longer into of the one on which I'm working. They both have the intro lyrics though, so may each have been derived seperately from a common ancestor.

This second version has no intro melody and a better melody for the chorusses, so I'll likely change to it.

One puzzle for me is(was?) that this version has melodies on choruses 1, 3 and 5. Looking at the notation, I now see there are notes only in those choruses, which is yet another way to control whether or not the melody is played. I seem also to have at least one other version, though it's named differently and may be unrelated. There are no solos.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/11/20 04:47 AM.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
the journey itself can be a bit treacherous... I think this thread can help a lot of viewers.

That is in no small part why I'm asking and trying and indicating my fails. I'm generally good at most things, so I reckon if I'm confused or run into trouble I'll almost certainly not be alone.

Of course it's also very likely I'm trying to run before I can walk :-)

Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
the journey itself can be a bit treacherous... I think this thread can help a lot of viewers.

That is in no small part why I'm asking and trying and indicating my fails. I'm generally good at most things, so I reckon if I'm confused or run into trouble I'll almost certainly not be alone.

Of course it's also very likely I'm trying to run before I can walk :-)

Easy to get ahead down the path and forget to put out ribbons for markers. It's how we eventually figure things out. It's not necessarily fun, but we rarely ever forget once we know the way.

I've downloaded your BIAB file. S?U files are all BIAB files that each letter or number just signify different attributes. I shorten the term down to SGU for all of them because to me, it's BIAB's job to figure out correctly what type of file.... I just want it to open and work correctly. wink

Thanks for sharing the file.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Gordon, this is a very interesting thread and you touched on an important point when you talked about trying several different techniques to produce your final end result and that may have left some checkboxes "hanging" and interfering with each other.

And yes, as a nooby you decided to jump right into the deep end of the pool. Admirable if not a bit foolish, haha. You're trying to do stuff with a brand new program that I wouldn't have thought of for a couple years back in the beginning. I learned the program by opening up some demo songs and downloaded songs I found online and seeing how they were structured. None of those were anywhere near as complex as what you're trying to do. Baby steps man, baby steps.

As an experienced user, when I've done something like this over the years I've found it's good to just save that original file that you've thrown the kitchen sink at, close it and start over as a new song and name it SamesongTest2 or something. Re-enter the chord grid and try again with what you've learned from the first attempt. That way you know there's nothing hanging on from all the different things you tried before.

And, I always say this to nooby's, don't forget Real Band. It's included with your package and it's there for a reason. RB is a Audio/Midi recorder that also generates Biab parts. It can do everything you're trying to do in Biab but much easier in many ways. RB is not another version of Biab but it will generate all the Biab style parts including RT's.

If you've ever used a DAW, you know what a track view looks like. Way easier to see exactly what's going on. In Biab a lot of that is hidden from view which is why you can't see what's happening with the Melody track for example. In RB the Melody is displayed right in front of you and you can copy/paste/delete parts of it or all of it anywhere you want in the track. Or, create multiple copies of the Melody on different tracks so you can mess around with different midi instruments playing it either solo'd or in combination. RB is a DAW, you have 48 tracks to play with and they can all be audio or midi.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Admirable if not a bit foolish, haha.

How dare you :-)

You're trying to do stuff with a brand new program that I wouldn't have thought of for a couple years back in the beginning.

The situation's actually worse than that, as I tried BB back in 2013 on a small notepad PC and after not too long hated it so much I just walked away. That was partly because the notepad is small and the screen was too full. Recently after a chat with a friend I decided I'd have another go with it. The trial looked manageable, so I upgraded to 2020. This time I decided to stick with it as it was usable on that same notepad, though I may get something with more power if things eventually work out as I hope. Well, after some trying with it I can see what it can do, so I bit a second bullet and bought the ultrapak, so now I'm fairly committed.

There's another reason that I walked away before, and that is that almost all my PCs are Linux based, so I didn't really want to buy another Windows PC just for BIAB. As it happens my set-up has changed a bit and I now have a mixer (Ui24R) attached to the music PC, so if I wish to, I can now feed the BIAB PC into the mixer. It's still an extra screen, though, rather than just swapping worktops in Linux, but sometimes that's a benefit as well as a nuisance, especially if using the chordsheet ot notation windows, which are pretty good.

There's also another reason I'm working through this, and that's that it may eventually feed ideas and polish back into the product. If PG can make some things easier to digest and/or separate, some more good may come out of my little struggle. I think I shouldn't really be able to fall into quite so many holes.

I should look at RealBand, but I'm feeling a bit overloaded already :-)

I'm glad the thread's proving interesting. I'd hate to be just another [redacted] idiot asking dumb questions :-)

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
... it's good to just save that original file that you've thrown the kitchen sink at, close it and start over as a new song and name it SamesongTest2 or something.

I do of course normally do that and I also have an automated backup system that keeps files for many months, so it's rare for me to lose anything. In the case of this particulay song, the alternative that I have sounds better anyway, so I shalln't bother to recover the broken one.

I normally keep untouched originals, often with just .bk appended, but my auto-backup is a dedicated machine in the lost above my garage. It copies all work data from my fileserver overnight, every night, keeping a trail of changes over those months, so I can recover copies from various historic dates if I need. I've had if for years and I doubt I restored more than a couple of dozen files of thet time ... but I can if I must and that's both a comfort and, on those few occasions, a Godsend.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/12/20 06:15 AM.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hmm. I've been playing with RealBand and can see JazzMammal's point. It shows tracks as it will play them, although as with BIAB, it can show tracks playing when there's no sound. I had to play around a bit to get it to use sforzando and the Hi-Q guitar I'm using.

It's also notable that RealBand made a complete hash of the soloist RealTrack, omitting all but one soloist and that played for only a few notes. Melody not muted again.

Anyways, so far I've removed the melody from the bars where I want the first solo, mafde a solo (RB couldn't see the RealTracks for some reason, but a "Rebuld and fix" sorted that out). I now have melody-solo-melody-melody-etc. I'll play some more later.

Last edited by Gordon S; 07/14/20 10:45 AM.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
By far the easiest way to do what I was trying is to select one of the standard medley styles and change the tracks via the Medley button in the RealTracks picker. That starts out with a working medley and I just configure what I wand where. So far that appears pretty painless and very effective.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hmmm ... well I've been struggling with all sorts of oddities and quirks with the song I'm trying to get together and thought I'd finally made the structure correctly. Some of the problems were, I think, due to setting the song form via Edit->Song Form->Title/Chorus, answering OK to that and then OK again to get out ... obviously that was changing something. Answering OK then Canmcel feels distinctly wrong to me. Whatever.

OK, structure sensible, choruses sensible, Mutes on the melody sensible, add the RealTrack soloists.

The soloists _look_ sensible, but my first, a clarinet, distinctly has a ax also soloing at the same time. I do _not_ have the "Play all simultaneously" checkbox set. I've regenerated again, but it still does the same. There's no sax on any other track. I've set <Silence> for all unused medley tracks.

Aargh ... another regeneration and I have to melody back again on all choruses. I've checked the Mute on chorus 2 ... it's still there.

I'm now wondering if I can send this to PGM to have a look as as it's defeating me. I'm rendering an .mp3 and it shows the problem.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I've put the files here: https://www.gscott.me.uk/Music/BIAB/

should someone want to try to understand what's going awry.

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I erased the RealTracks to stop them confusing things.
I went through the F5 bar settings, and set them again. Still no mute.
I tried setting "All Instruments" "back to normal", though that seemed to do nothing.
I set melody on every chorus to Mute. No mute.
I set melody every choris to "Back to normal" then to Mute. No mute.
I did Reset ALL Bars and set Mute again on melody on Chorus 2 and Back to Normal on Chorus 6. No mute.
It appears that melody mute now does not work on this song.

Prior to doing the Reset ALL Bars, I'd also been aware that there was a star against chorus 1 bar 1, which I think means it believes there's a change at that point, but I could see no change and hadn't knowingly(!) put any change in it. The reset ALL cleared it.

It's a struggle :-/

Beginners Forum
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I'll step slowly through what I'm doing to see if what goes wrong gives clues.

My mxl file has a repeating four-bar vamp to begin, a 16-bar chorus with a jump to tag after bar 14 of the chorus and a repeating four-bar vamp to finish.

As I've not yet found any reliable way to make the vamps loop, I insert 8 bars before bar 3, highlight bars 1&2 and and use copy from ... to to fill the new bars with the notes and chords. I copy everything but the bar settings. So far everything seems fine.

I use Edit->Song Form->Settings->Title/Chorus to set the chorus start (bar 13) and end (bar 28), click OK, then click Cancel as I can't yet set the tag as I have only one chorus. End has now moved forwards to bar 29 where the tag is to start and I have some trailing greyed-out bars, probably two, the original ending.

I now set the choruses to 2 (I'll eventually want more ... maybe I should set more right now?) and answer Yes to adjust the melody. Again, so far everything seems fine. Hmm ... I'me running though this again to check and this time it did _not_ ask about adjusting the melody. (I was repeating the process to identify when some further greyed bars were added. Might that have been the moment? I don't know.) It still seems to be working OK.

I insert 8 bars before bar 31, highlight bars 29 & 30 and copy from...to to bar 31 four times ... Ah, this may be part of the problem ... I'm in the ending for this copy, but the dialog shows chorus #1 which has already ended before this point.

After this, the song structure has changed ... the chorus is extended from 28 bar 38. Undo the change.

Try the same using chorus 2 instead of chorus 1 ... same outcome. Undo change.

Ditto with chorus 3(?), song structure changes to chorus end at 32. This is clearly not going to play ball. Give up, start over.

-----8<-----

This time I'll add both vamp repeats before changing anything else.

Vamps ... chorus ... vamps OK.

Again I use Edit->Song Form->Settings->Title/Chorus to set the chorus start (b13) and end (b28), click OK, then click Cancel as I can't yet set the tag as I have only one chorus. End has now moved forwards to bar 29 where the tag is to start and I have some trailing greyed-out bars, probably ten, the last two thirds of the closing vamp and the original ending.

I set choruses to two and answer the Yes to adjust melody track to new # of chorus. Things still seem OK, though of course it's still stoppping 1/3 way through the end vamping.

I use Edit->Song Form->Settings and the ending options: Tag exists checked, Tag after bar 26, Tag begins at bar 29, Tag ends after bar 40. I leave everything else on this dialog untouched ... maybe I need to set some other things here?

It's copied the notes from bars 27 and 28 into bars 29 and 30, despite me checking "tag exists". That seems(!) wrong to me, however, let's carry on.

I don't want the copy of bars 27 & 28, so I delete them, but the tag start then moves to bar 27, which is not correct. I answer Cancel to both "There are existing notes..." and "there are existing lyrics..." and Undo.

I try to copy From...to bars 31 and 32 to bars 29 and 30, but the chorus-end moves from bar 28 to bar 30, which is not corrent. Undo.

I select bar 29 and go to notation editting mode. I've tried copying notes to here before and they just seem not to happen, so I delete all the existing notes in bars 29 & 30. There are some leftover decorations that I ignore for now.

I now try to enter the vamp manually. The first notes I enter on beat 1 set to eight notes, not the usual long notes ... odd. The notes on the second beat set long, though only 5 beats ... I'm not sure if that's as expected, though it too seems odd to me. I go to staff roll mode ... here the 1/8th notes look like the 1/2 notes I expected, so I leave them alone. Other times I've done this, they haven't and I've adjusted them either here of by note edit. There are two notes and they sometimes show different lengths here and/or in note edit. I try to "edit note" the second pair of notes, None change appearance, but the staff roll shows sensible durations. It plays as expected, subject to the extra two bars of vamp for the end, rather than BIAB's original ending.

Things seem OK, so I save the file at this point.

At this point, out of curiosity, I use F5 to look at the settings. Chorus #1 has stars. I don't know why.

I set the number of choruses to 6 from the main window and answer Yes to OK to adjust melody. Again it continues to play though as expected.

I go to the first bar and press F5, select chorus 2 and Mute the melody, then select chorus 6, set melody back to normal and click OK.

Ohh ... the melody is not muting even now. I'd planned to add realtrack soloists next, but it already has a problem. Oh! I've also just had a short and quite loud burst of white noise. I have no idea why or from where ... maybe something else entirely.

I've saved this copy for now. I may try plaing with the F5 options again, but it didn't help before...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195